Chap 14: Start?

Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You did what!?" Hitomi furiously asked, standing up from the bed. "Wait, wait, wait, did I hear it right? You punched Chaewon!?"

"Yes, so going back-"

"We are not going back," Hitomi shook her head. "You… punched… Kim Chaewon… right in the face!? The Kim Chaewon!? Jang, what is wrong with you!?"

Wonyoung just rolled her eyes. "Oh please, Hitomi… Don't treat that jerk like she's a hero or something."

The chef took a deep breath and started to walk around.

"Fine, fine, if that's what you want. I… I'm sorry, I just got pulled by my undying infatuation to your future wife."

"Umm… That sounds weird but okay," Wonyoung replied, receiving a laugh from her best friend.

"But seriously though, you really did that to her? I know that Miss Jang Wonyoung is a brave girl but never in my life I would have thought that you can do such an act to such person."

"Like what I said, she deserves it. I don't regret a thing." Wonyoung answered, checking her nails out.

"Well, have you talked to her after that?"

"What? Of course, I haven't!"

"W-Well, what about your Dad? Have you talked to him about it?"

The bunny's brows furrowed. "What kind of- Of course, I haven't, too!"

"What!? But the event happened 2 days ago! Your wedding will just be 5 days from now! What will happen-"

"No wedding will happen." Wonyoung firmly stated, her eyes full of determination to cancel the agreement. "I will never let myself be stuck with that horrible girl... Never."

Hitomi snorted, almost like for mockery. "C'mon, Wonyoungie~ I'm sure it's not that hard."

"Trust me, Hii, it is. Living with Chaewon is like hell but mortal world version. She's numb, cold-hearted, stupid, fake, bossy… All of that packed in one body. I am certain that she's 30% businesswoman and 70% of her is just… full pride. She can't even propose to me proper-"

Wonyoung stopped talking, realizing that she has shared too much.

"Oh- OH-" Hitomi smiled and clapped once. "Are you saying that you're mad just because she can't ask you nicely?"

"N-No, of course not-"

"Wonyoung-ah," Hitomi called out. "You do know that you stammered, right? And you stammer when you lie."

The Jang bit her lip from the inside. It's true, though, stammering is her greatest weakness as a person… And as a lawyer.

"Well… Okay, okay, I am sort of lying. I mean, I am mad for her for many more reasons but… Yeah, that is one..." The future lawyer admitted, her cheeks hot and flustered.

"Then-"

"But can you blame me?? Every little girl's dream is to be asked for that, and yet she was given the right to marry me just with my father's signature." Wonyoung defended, her best friend understanding the point.

"Then… Will you say yes to Chaewon if ever she will ask you?"

Wonyoung was shocked to hear such a question.

"Umm, that's a tricky one but… It depends. I mean, if she's really sincere, then I might give it a thought. But- Wait a minute- Why am I even thinking about this?? As if she'll really do that."

"What if she will?"

"Oh, trust me, Hitomi, she won't," Wonyoung replied.

"It's just a possibility-"

"That's impossible-"

"Fine! Want to bet?" The cook smirked.

"Okay! Anything!"

"Alright then… If she asks you, you need to say yes."

"What-"

"Why, Miss Jang Wonyoung? Backing out already?"

Wonyoung clenched her jaw. Hitomi is her best friend and probably the softest person she has ever met. The bread lover inferring that she's a coward is a huge offense to the Jang.

"If she doesn't ask me anything, you… Will expose your family's specialty's secret recipe on social media."

Just as expected, Wonyoung saw how Hitomi swallowed the huge lump that suddenly formed on .

Smirking, she mocked, "Why, Miss Honda Hitomi? Backing out already?"

Hii-chan just glared at her and took a deep sigh. "Fine. Deal."

Wonyoung smiled. I will certainly win this, she thought.

"Okay, then…"

 

 

"… Deal."

************

"We need to visit the site of the E – project. And then, gather data and compute for the total expenses, number of workers, what else?" Yujin asked, walking right beside Minju while the gal is listing all her reminders.

"Hmm," Minju hummed, biting the end of the pen. "What about the needed papers or approval from the city and other government agencies? Sure, there should be one."

"Good idea! Let's add that, then. After that- Ow, sorry!" The two are so focused on planning that they bumped a girl while on the way.

"We're really sorry… Yuri??" Minju asked, definitely startled. Even Yujin slightly gasped in disbelief.

"Oh… Hi, guys," Yuri shyly mumbled.

"Oh my, it's really you, Yuri! Wow, been a long time!" Minju shrieked and embraced her close friend. "Wait, wait, you're… Working here?"

"Oh, yupp, I…just got hired last week-"

"What!? Since last week!? Then why didn't I saw you?" Minju questioned once more.

"Don't bomb her with questions, can you?" Yujin laughed to soften the mood. "You can answer that or not-"

"No, no, it's fine." Yuri smiled. "Well, I'm an illustrator here in the Arts & Design Department. Maybe that's the reason why you haven't seen me because I'm always inside the office."

"Well, I'm really happy that we're now workmates," Minju said, grinning and hugging the hamster again. "Well, as much as I want to catch up with you, I know that you still have some stuff to do."

Minju released Yuri from the hug. "We'll head now, okay? See you again somewhere in the building!"

The two staff from Finance Department already turned their backs when the frog faced the newbie again, forgetting to tell her something.

"I just remember, Did Yena unnie told you she's coming home?"

"What? Why- Oh…" Yuri's world seemed to crumple at her own next words. "… It's our anniversary. Sh*t, I'm so focused on applying, I forgot."

Minju's eyes widened. "What!?"

"I-I don't mean it, I swear! I-I'm just under pressure... Wait… Oh no, I haven't prepared anything…" Yuri started to freak out.

"Yuri! You do know what happens if Yena unnie found out, right? She'll surely won't talk to you until she comes home again-"

"I know, I know, but I can't go and buy something either, I'm at work," Yuri explained. She gripped her hair. "I am so done."

Silence.

Yujin's eyes widened. "Wait… I have an idea. If you can't go out, then we'll bring the date here… Yupp, that's right! I just remembered that the old file room is now empty, so you can rent that space through the messenger."

"Really!? Who is the messenger then? That way, I can already talk with him" Yuri asked.

Yujin smirked before slowly pointing herself.

 

"You're already talking with her."

Minju grinned. "That's good, that's is a good idea! Don't worry, Yuri… We'll make this work!"

Unconsciously, the frog held Yujin's hand. This gesture made the puppy flinch a bit.

"Yujin and I will take care of it, okay?" Minju consoled. She looked at the other girl. "Is that okay with you, Yujin – ah?"

"O-Of course," The Ahn answered, smiling. "I'm okay with you- I-I mean, I'm okay with whatever you decided."

Minju smirked. "Okay then... Let's do this."

************

"Argh!" Chaewon yelled as she literally threw her phone across the room.

She saw the news about Wonyoung walking out at their party. It may be a very small action, but it spread out like wildfire and is now ruining their image. Rumors are starting to build up, the reporters are always at the entrance of their building since the thing happened.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter