Chap 02: Meeting

Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, frog!" Yena yelled at her friend who is already outside their house. "You forgot your bag."

Minju grabbed the bag from the duck. "Thank you, Yena."

"Loosen up, will you?" Yena advises as she went towards her friend and gently shook both of her arms. "I can sense your nervousness."

"I-I don't know what to do!" Minju said, jumping. "What if I do something wrong? What if they'll fire me that fast? What if-"

"Minju, stop overthinking!" Yena said. "You know what? Just go now. You can't risk being late on your first day."

The frog slightly nodded. "I'll go now. Fighting!"

"Fighting!"

And Minju finally set off. The building is just a few steps away from her home but she prefers to come early. 

"Okay Kim Minju, Listen," She mumbled to herself while walking. "Today is the day you've been waiting for your whole life. I know you're naturally clumsy but please, please, don't mess this one. First impression matters, remember that. You need to earn their trust and prove to them that you can do the role given to you. You should always be punctual, respectful, and most of all, decent-looking. You can't just- AH!"

Minju is too busy reminding herself that she didn't notice a motorcycle going at full speed. She shrieked as a wave of mud hits her white blouse and black skirt. 

"No, no... What will I do!?" Minju muttered, trying to wipe the stain with her hands. She looked up and saw a lady getting off the vehicle.

"I'm sorry, Miss. Did I hit you or anything? Your scream is so loud I had to stop." The girl said, taking off her blue helmet, revealing her face.

Minju clenched her jaw. "You didn't hit me but look at what you did! Now, I'm all dirty and gross!"

She then showed her the stain on the lower part of her clothes. 

"Is that all?" The girl asked, looking at her watch. "I thought you're injured or something."

"What did you just said!?" The frog raged more. "For your information, you did this to me! I can't go to work looking all this muddy... And that's because of you-"

"Hold up, wait a second," The lady said, smiling sarcastically. "You're not walking on the sidewalk so obviously, I am not the only one at fault."

"T-That doesn't matter!" Minju stammered, clearly losing the debate. "What I'm saying is, you are-"

"Should I pay for it?"

"Huh?" Minju was caught off guard. 

"I asked you if I should pay for it." The lady repeated, glancing at her watch. "I mean, I can't wash it for you. I also can't bring it home and buy you a new one. The best thing I can think of right now is to pay the price. Tell me, what can I do to return the favor?"

"Umm, you can..." Minju hesitated. She also doesn't know how the other lass can repay her.

Meanwhile, the 'motorcycle gal' smirked. "See? You yourself don't know what to do... So what's the point of your blabbering?" 

"What?" Minju's brows furrowed. "Are you saying that-"

"Listen, Miss," The lady said, staring at her watch for the nth time. "I don't have a lot of time. Just like you, I also have work. I need to send some files to their owner and I can't do that if we'll keep on chatting here."

The girl immediately rode her motorcycle, secure her helmet and started the engine.

"A-Are you-"

"I'll repay you properly the next time we meet... If we'll do." The lass promised. "Oh, and also a tip... Be alert about your surroundings."

And off she goes.

Minguri stood there, unable to stop her. Left with no options, she forced herself to walk back home and change.

"I just bought it yesterday and now it's already a mess," Minju whispered, releasing an exasperated sigh. "That girl, how dare she walk out on me..."

.

.

.

.

.

"I just wish I won't see her again."

************

Claps were heard across the whole conference room as the powerpoint presentation ended. Chaewon bowed at her audience as a sign of gratitude.

"I have a question," Mr. Song said whilst raising his right hand. "Sorry to burst your bubble young lady, but I have been in this industry ever since God knows when. Why would we agree on this contract? I mean, it will just take up a large portion of our budget. Besides, we can just build smaller malls throughout the country, and it will sell the same. Don't get me wrong but I just find the 'build the biggest mall in the world' pointless."

Silence. Everyone inside the room gets the man's point. 

"To answer your question," Chaewon immediately said, smirking. "If you listened carefully to the presentation, I have said that I already talked with contractors and other construction companies based in Europe. They all agreed to the conditions given under this contract. You know that spending money is normal for businesses. But you don't have to worry as we're not the only one doing it. And the materials? Our overseas partners

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter