Chap 04: Hide

Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing here?" Yujin asked, kicking the ball towards the goal post. "Who told you that I'm here, to be exact?"
"Your mom did," Chaeyeon answered shortly. "And I'm here to fetch you up, kid."
Yujin chuckled. "I'm still playing, you see? The whole soccer field is empty, it's all mine. So why should I leave it for work?"
"The company needs you, Ms. Ahn. You've been gone for three days and... The department is already a mess. Go back, Yudings, we need you."
Yudings snickered. Those people need me? Ridiculous.
That's right. After that day with Minju, Yujin left her work. Of course, rumors and gossips started to spread like an infectious disease. Almost the whole department neglected their works, resulting in three days of trouble and headaches for the temporary manager.
"They're not listening to me, Yujin. I don't know why-"
"That's what you get from being too friendly and kind. They take advantage of you," Yujin told the girl, walking backward to gain momentum before the kick. "I'm filing a leave, Chae."
"What? H-How long?"
"Hmm... Maybe a month or two."
"What!? No, no... Please don't! I can't handle them by myself." Chaeyeon begged. "I-Is this about Minju? I'll talk to her to apologize and clear the mis-"
 

Thug!
 

"That's not the problem, okay!?" Yujin raged, following the sound of the ball hitting the post. "Besides, if you forced her to say sorry then what's the point of doing so? Don't make it a big deal-"
"It is a big deal!" Chaeyeon replied with the same intensity. "The thing that happened is not only witnessed by the Finance Department staffs, but other sectors are also included. You need to go back and give them a statement or something because if not, it might ruin your name."
The manager reached the ball on the muddy grass before glaring and walking towards Chaeyeon. "My name is already ruined, Chae. If you can't handle them then get some help from Ms. Miyawaki or Ms. Yabuki. Aren't you happy? You obtained a prank-free month. Just accept it."
"No, I won't... Not until you tell me the reason?" Chae said with conviction. She scanned Yujin from head to toe. "Is there something wrong? Is your head aching so bad? Do the doctors recommend rest-"
"I'm tired, is that not enough reason?" Yujin lazily responded. "I'm a person, Chae. I get exhausted, too. Please stop treating me like that."
Chaeyeon stepped back and slowly nodded. "Fine, I'm sorry. I'll accept your decision... But I guess you have to wait for Hyewon."
"What the-" Yujin dropped the ball in her hand and looked back to her friend. "You called Kwangbae!?"
"I have no other choice if you don't want to come with me."
"But you know how that lady reacts when it comes to me! She's like you but twice much worse." Yujin said, hand on forehead.
"I'm sorry Yudings but-"
"Just go home, Chae," Yujin pleaded. "My brain is hurting because of you... Figuratively."
"Alright, alright, I'll leave you now," Chaeyeon said, throwing her hands up. 
.
.
.
.
.
"But about the leave, please... Think about it."
************
Yujin went home after approximately three hours in the field. She was about to open the door using her keys when she noticed that it's already open. The manager went inside and saw two silhouettes in the kitchen.
"Yujinie, sweetheart," Her mom called when she entered, flashing her usual sweet smile. 
"Mom, you got home early," Yujin said, walking towards the kitchen counter. She met another pair of orbs that are owned by the other figure. "Mr. Kim? Why are you-"
"The meeting with the European investors ended early so I invited the whole team to lunch. There's still food left so I thought you might want some. Here."
"Thank you, Mr. Kim but," Yujin said, grabbing the food from the mister's hand. "You don't have to. I can already cook food on my own."
"I know that Tteokbokki is your favorite food that why I did." The old man replied. "And what are you being shy for? Your Mom and I have known each other since high school and I have known since you were born. You are like a daughter to me now."
"Bring that over here," Yujin's mother called, firing up the stove. "I'm going to heat it for you-"
"Actually, sorry but I'm not eating it yet. I'm not hungry." Ms. Ahn politely declined, though her stomach is already telling a different story. "Also, why did you tell Chae where I'm going to, Mom?"
"She's worried for you that's why," Her mom said. She wiped her hands on the towel beside the ref before walking back to her daughter. "I'm also worried about you. What's happening to you? Are you alright-"
"I'm going to my room," Yujin coldly replied. She went up to the stairs beside the kitchen but went down immediately. "Thank you for the food, Mr. Kim, I'll indulge myself later. For now, please let me get some rest. And when Hyewon arrives..."
.
.
.
.
.
"Please tell her that I'm okay."
************

She's not okay.
Yujin ran to her bedroom and locked the door. She bluntly lied down on her bed and closed her eyes, hoping that it would take her stress a little. But when it's not working, the leader sat again and looked at her surroundings. It's... Pretty clean, actually. She got bored yesterday so she decided to clean her own mess. She has done almost everything she can do. Play video games, go sports, clean the house, everything. And now it's just her... It's only Yujin.
The deafening silence is eating her up. She looked everywhere for something that she can do to ease the pain and to distract my mind. But Yudings realized, that the longer she tried to keep it, the harder it is to overcome it. 
She's so confused right now. She can't tell her family, nor her friends, She can't tell anyone because all of them are the reasons... All of them is a part of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter