Chap 12: It's a Date

Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is happening?" Chaewon asked as she wanders her eyes around their building.

The walls are filled with black and gold ribbons. Many people are chatting instead of doing their work, a part that the heiress hated to see. The air inside the empire is full of happiness and love, it almost choked her.

"Oh, the decorations, Ma'am?" Her secretary answered while opening the door of her office for the majesty. "Those are for Ever Rise."

"E-Ever Rise?"

"Yes, heiress," She answered. "Ever Rise is an annual masquerade ball held in the Kim Empire Main Hall. The yearly tradition started when Mr. Kim was judged as not guilty in the case."

Chaewon secretly rolled her eyes. Oh, do you mean the day he was able to escape with lies?

"The ball symbolizes a new milestone: a more advanced and bigger Kim empire." The secretary continued. "For the workers and your father, himself, Ever Rise is the proof that no matter how many times people will bring the Kim Empire down, it will always get back up."

"Really? Interesting…" Chaewon's voice trailed off. "But what about the hearts and different love items in the lobby? Are those still part of the ball?"

Her secretary lightly chuckled.

"Those are from and for the workers themselves, Miss Kim. Ever Rise lets you take anyone on a date for one night. And I'm pretty sure that nobody would want to waste this chance."

Chaewon froze and turned to the lady. "Really? Any… Anyone?"

The gal nodded. "Yes, madam."

"Alright then…" Chaewon gave her an evil smirk.

.

.

.

.

.

"… Anyone."

************

"Yujin!"

The called girl shot her head up and looked around her to saw who needs her attention.

"Chaewon?"

"Hi," The heiress greeted, flashing a smile only Yujin can bring out. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing, just normal things," Yujin replied with a shy smile. "What about you? Well, I just thought that a CEO in the making should be busy."

"I am, actually. But I came here because I've been informed about Ever Rise."

"Oh, yes, the ball," Yujin said. "It's your first time attending, right? I hope you can take time out and enjoy."

"I will surely do. But I would be better with the company. That's why I'm here to ask you if-"

"Miss Kim!"

The two turned to the bright voice.

"W-Wonyoung?" Chaewon asked to herself. She looked at Yujin and beamed another smile. "I'll be right back, okay?"

She walked to the girl who just entered the scene.

"Come here," The heiress pulled Wonyoung to the door.

"Hey, careful!" Wonyoung blurted.

"Quiet!" Ssamu shushed her with a whisper. "What are you doing here?"

"Umm… Fetching you?" Wonyoung said, sarcasm evident in her voice. "Eunbi – Imo is waiting downstairs."

"Wait, wait, since when is she your aunt?"

"And since when is my father your Dad?" The bunny fought back. "I'm just following your path, heiress."

"Fine," Chaewon rolled her eyes. "Where are we going, anyway?"

"Duh? We're picking our attire for Ever Rise. Are you really that slow?"

"What!?" Chaewon's face is the perfect depiction of panic. She looked back and forth to Yujin and Wonyoung. "I-I can't."

"What do you mean you can't? You should have known that we'll be partners for your Dad's party. We're fixed to be together, remember?"

"But… This is for Kim Empire employers only!" As if a criminal who found the perfect alibi, Chaewon yelled in a controlled voice. "Right, that's it! You can't be here-"

"You're the right hand of the CEO and yet you don't know who's working here." Wonyoung scolded, tucking her hair in her right ear. "For your information, I am my father's temporary secretary and will be a part of your Legal Department as a lawyer as soon as I get my results. So technically, I am a worker here."

The tall girl looked at her gold watch. "You know what, let's just hurry and-"

Wonyoung tugged her sleeves but Chaewon pulled her hand away.

"I said that I can't! Why are you so persuasive about it?"

"Why don't you want to attend, then?" Wonyoung got curious. She looked at the back of Chaewon and saw who the heiress is talking with before. Smirking, she said, "You said that I'm your future wife. So, I have a question… Are you cheating on me, Miss Kim?

Instead of waiting for an answer, Wonyoung pushed Chaewon aside to walk towards the puppy-like girl.

"Hi!" Wonyoung greeted. "I… think I know you. Yujin, right? We saw each other once at an inter-department meeting."

The Ahn smiled widely, her dimples showing, and eyes almost were gone.

"Yes, yes! It's a pleasure to finally talk with you, Miss Jang."

The two shared a handshake.

"Just call me Wonyoung. I don't think our ages are far from each other, anyways." The bunny reasoned. "I'm really sorry if I will cut your conversation with my fiancé but we need to go. You know, Ever Rise."

"Ah, I see," Yujin nodded, understanding the situation. "I also have something to do, but it has been so nice talking with you. By the way, you look good together."

"Thanks," Wonyoung grinned. But in the inside, she wants to vomit because of the statement. And the same goes for Chaewon.

When Yujin left, Wonyoung is all smiley that she ruined Chaewon's plan. She can't help but mentally praise herself because of her good timing.

Meanwhile, the heiress can't help but curse Wonyoung in her mind. She stared at her with rage while the other looked back with mockery. I should be careful, Chaewon laid out to herself. This girl…

.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter