s i x

Chasing Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was the weekend, Maya had two days break to sort her stuff. There weren't any more issues ever since she started hanging Chan's clothes up. The idea of a man being in the house might have scared off the ert.

 

"I'm still not comfortable with the idea of you living alone when the ert's still loose," Chan confessed when he was having lunch with Maya in his office.

"What can I do? I only have that apartment."

Chan tapped his chin while she sipped on her soup.

"How about you come over to my place? I have an empty room."

She stopped drinking her soup and side-eyed him.

"And your girlfriend is okay with this?"

He cleared his throat.

"Well, she doesn't know about my plans yet."

"Do you plan to tell her?"

He shook his head, "She gets jealous very easily. I rather she don't know than be unreasonable."

"What if she misunderstands?"

"I'll handle it when that situation comes," he cut up part of his steak and placed it onto her plate. "So, what do you think?"

She stayed silent, pondering over the preposition when Chan let out a dramatic sigh and buried his face in his hands.

"I knew it. I just know you don't want to stay with me. My wife doesn't want to live in the same apartment as I do."

She laughed.

"You're so extra."

He pretended to wipe a tear away.

"I'll think about it."

 

Bang Chan offered to drop by once in a while, he was due to come by in another hour so she decided to whip up some food for him.

She was halfway preparing her ingredients when there was a knock on her door. She jumped, thinking it was Chan but when she looked through the peephole, it was a mailman.

"Yes?"

She opened the door.

"I have a package for this unit," he stated. "Could you please sign here?"

She reached for the clipboard while the mailman turned to grab the huge cardboard box behind him. When he bent down, something caught Maya's eyes.

A red piece of underwear was peeking out the back of the mailman's pants. She looked away, appalled by the sight but the familiarity of the undergarment pulled her back.

She gasped, recognising it as her own.

The mailman turned around, seeing Maya staring at the back of his pants, he knew. Grinning, he set the heavy box down and faced her.

"You weren't supposed to see that."

Maya stepped back, "You were the one who crept into my house."

He followed in after she got stunned and didn't close the door on him. The box he left on the ground allowed the door to stay open with a gap.

"You were the prettiest in this area," he started, his lips while eyeing her up and down. "The iest even."

He pounced on her, she screamed but he had her pinned on the ground. She tried to push him away but he was way stronger than her.  She cried out for help but no one was coming. She felt the man kiss her neck, she thought she was a goner but a sudden bang of the front door, the man was lifted off of her.

She quickly scrambled away and stayed near the wall, hands gripping her shirt collar tightly. A pair of strong hands held her arms, she cried for him to let go.

“It’s me! It’s me!”

She blinked, clearing her eyes of tears and saw Bang Chan staring at her with a concerned look plastered on his face.

“Are you okay?”

The softness in his voice broke her, she let out her tears and sobbed as she wrapped her arms around his waist. He pulled her tightly to himself, his hand the back of her head to comfort her.

“He… He’s the guy.”

“What guy?”

“The guy who stole my underwear. He… He was the one who sneaked into my apartment.”

Fire blazed in Chan’s eyes. He pulled away from her gently, wanting to grab the man but when he turned around, the ert was already gone. The front door was wide open.

“,” he pulled away from Maya to chase after the guy but she held him back. “Bubs.”

“Don’t go. Just stay with me.”

The frightened look on her face stirred emotions in him.

“Okay,” he gave in. “But you are definitely moving to my place until this ert is caught.”

She just stood closer to him, her head against his chest, her hands playing with the hem of his shirt. He sighed, the anger from not being able to hold the ert back and the look on her face still lingering in him.

 

Maya sat on her bed, packing her stuff while Bang Chan grabbed her clothes. He threw several worried glances at her but she looked calmer than earlier. He couldn’t believe how someone could be so daring to attack a woman in a well-lit and popular area.

“What’s on your mind?”

Her voice brought him back from his thoughts.

“Hmm?”

“I’m fine if you worried about me.” She looked up. “You don’t have to be upset.”

Chan sighed, he sat down beside her on the bed. Reaching for her head, he kissed her on her head, which she didn’t flinch away from. She snuggled closer to him. There was a strange attraction between the two - the fact that they were legally married and they had a one-night stand brought them closer.

“I’m not upset. I’m just concerned,” he breathed. “He had the guts to attack you when he knew that there was a man in the house.”

Maya lifted her head, her gaze studying his jawline and beautiful features. Chan felt her intense stare and found himself getting lost in her eyes. The urge to kiss her was real, he leaned closer towards her, her eyes fluttered.

She found herself pressing her lips against his first, he then responded to her. His hands cupped her face lightly, she reached to hold his arms. They shared a deep kiss and only broke apart when they need air. She dropped her head, smiling to herself.

“I can’t believe we’re doing this,” she muttered under her breath.

“Why? We are married,” he teased. “We can kiss however long we like.”

She pushed him away.

“It’s like I’m being your wife and mistress at the same time. This feels… weird.”

She pushed all her stuff into her bag and got up, but Chan pulled her back on the bed. She laid flat while he studied her face. He let out a breath, falling onto the bed next to Maya.

“I agree but we have to start somewhere.”

“Aren’t we friends?” She reminded.

“We are. Just that I get to kiss you more.”

He turned to kiss her again but she covered his mouth with her hand. She rolled her eyes, getting up. Maya tapped his lips lightly. He pouted.

“You can only kiss me when you become single. I don’t want to come between you and your girl.” She stated firmly. “For now, you can only take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter