e l e v e n

Chasing Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Bang Chan was back at his table. He kept peering out of the restaurant, wondering why Maya and Bona weren't back yet. Bona entered and gave him a little wave but his eyes were fixed behind her.

"Why aren't you eating yet?"

She ran her hand down his chest before giving him a peck on his cheek. She settled down next to him, wanting to start on the appetizer when she noticed that he was distracted.

"Babe?"

"Hmm?" He faced her.

Bona saw from Maya entering the restaurant from her peripheral vision and smirked. She held Chan's cheeks and planted her lips onto his.

Maya looked up, finally cleared her emotions. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw Chan and Bona in a liplock. She held her breath.

Bona made sure she maintained eye contact as she kissed her boyfriend harder. Maya lowered her gaze and scurried over to Lucas.

"What's that for?" Bang Chan asked after Bona broke the kiss.

She gave him a sweet smile and popped a piece of salad into . Chan shook his head in amusement. He glanced around and saw Maya back at her seat.

"," he thought. "Did she see that?"

Maya busied with her food, pushing everything to the back of her head. It was Lucas and Yuqi's date, she shouldn't ruin things for them.

"Woah, what happened to you?"

Lucas' voice pulled her back from her thoughts.

"Hmm?"

He reached out to touch her, she flinched. He repeated his question, this time a little louder. Yuqi glanced at her and gasped lightly. She shifted a seat closer to Maya and gently held her face.

"Your check's swollen. Are you okay?"

Maya coughed. She switched her gaze between Lucas and Yuqi, she nodded with a small smile.

"I'm fine. Someone opened the cubicle and I stood too close to it."

"Are you sure?" Lucas was sceptical. "It looks like someone just hit you."

He glanced over to Chan's table. He straightened his back.

"Did the girlfriend do something to you?"

Maya got flustered. She shook her head.

"No. She didn't do anything."

Lucas got up, "She definitely did."

Maya gave Yuqi a pleading look and the girl pulled her fiance down.

"Come on, don't make things worse for Maya."

Lucas let out a frustrated huff, “You should tell the Director. He’s the boyfriend and your husband. He needs to step up.”

Maya stayed silent, Yuqi tapped Lucas’ thigh to signal him to stop the topic. He sighed and nodded at his fiancee, “Come on, let’s eat. The food’s getting cold.”

 

Chan glanced over his shoulder now and then, wanting to keep an eye on Lucas - in case he decides to do anything to Maya.

Bona’s patience was running thin, she was out with her boyfriend but his attention is elsewhere.

On a woman, they barely knew.

“Babe,” she had enough. “Stop staring at her.”

Chan whipped his head, “Huh?”

“That intern. Stop staring at her.” She hissed. “I’m your girlfriend. Why are you paying more attention to that measly intern?”

“Babe--”

“No. Don’t bother explaining yourself.”

She kept quiet and continued eating, ignoring whatever Chan wanted to say. He wanted to slap himself for being so out of control, so obvious in what he was doing.

He wasn’t like this before.

 

***

 

Bona left the restaurant after the meal, leaving Chan to return to the office by himself. She was upset about what she saw in the restaurant.

“Chan’s been putting way too much attention on that ,” she whispered under her breath. “Who is she anyway? How did they meet?”

She then huffed, “She stole my man and dared to come chid me about Joohyuk? The nerve.”

 

Chan stepped out of the restaurant and went to collect his car. He drove slowly out of the building. He found himself circling the area until he saw Maya leaving - alone. He pressed his foot on the accelerator, stopping in front of her.

 

Maya was confused about why a black sedan screeched to a halt next to her. The window rolled down, she heaved a sigh of relief when she saw Chan’s face from the window.

“You scared me!” She exclaimed. “What are you doing here? I thought you left ahead.”

“I did,” he blurted. “But I had to run an errand.”

“Oh, okay,” she cleared . “I’ll see you back at the office?”

She turned to walk to the bus stop when Chan’s car stopped before her.

“I’m heading back to the office!” His voice came out a little too loud. “Come, I’ll send you.”

“Oh-Oh no, you don’t have to.”

Chan had already opened the car door on her side, “Get in, the cars are piling up behind us.”

Sure enough, there were 2 other vehicles behind them, wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter