Me & You

It's Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After some months as that night where both of them got engaged passed, Taeyeon and Jiyong’s life got busier.

“So, what now?” Taeyeon asked one day as they were on their way to Jiyong’s company. 

“What do you want? We got engaged as you wanted.”

“As I wanted?” she pulled her hand from his, “Then you didn’t want to get engaged to me?”

Jiyong laughed and took her hand in again, “I would rather die than to get that idea cross my mind.”

She just glared at him.

“Park secretary,” he called him as he was driving them front.

“Yes, sir?”

“What do people usually do after they get engaged?”

He smiled, “They prepare for their wedding.”

They both looked at each other.

“Wedding?”

“Yes,” he nodded, “They prepare their house, furniture, wardrobe, their own utensils and plan for their wedding party together.”

“Kim Taeyeon-ssi,” Jiyong called, “We got what we need to busy ourselves with the next months.”

Taeyeon just kept looking from outside the window.

 

They reached Jiyong’s company.

He gave her a peck on her cheek, “Have a good day hon~”

“See you later.”

Jiyong got unloaded first.

“I will drive you to your company madam.”

“No,” Taeyeon told him, “I will go back home.”

“Alright.” They he returned her back.

 

“Mother~”

“Uh? Taeyeon-ah? What brought you here?”

Taeyeon just laughed sheepishly.

As she ordered Kim butler to bring them some coffee and cake.

“Tell me now, what is wrong?”

“It’s nothing, I just came to see you mother.”

“Stop pretending, I know this face Kim Taeyeon.”

She sighed, “I can’t hide anything from you mother.”

“Glad that you know it, spill it now.”

“Actually, there’s something that happened suddenly, and now I’m lost.”

“What is it?”

“My company alerted me yesterday that I’m going to have an Asian Tour after a month or so.”

“And? Isn’t that a good news?”

Taeyeon sighed.

“But, you know, an Asian Tour means that I will be traveling around the countries doing concerts for a couple of months if not a year.”

Jiyong’s mother knew then what was troubling Taeyeon.

“Aigoo, you can’t leave my son that long, can you?” She glared at her playfully and laughed.

Taeyeon chuckled shyly.

“I will discuss that with the elders tonight.” She assured Taeyeon, “What about you stay for dinner tonight?”

“I heard Taeyeonie is here.” Kwon grandma came in saying.

“Grandma~” Taeyeon went up and hugged her, “How were you doing?”

“It been a while little girl,” she frowned, “Did you take our son and forgot us?”

She laughed, “I’m sorry, I was busy with work grandma, I promise I will try to visit more often from now on.”

“You should, I’m bored here alone.”

“Why are you alone mother, I’m here too.” Jiyong’s mother pouted, “Now that Taeyeon is here, you don’t seem to care about me much, I’m hurt mother.”

“Aigoo, look at you acting all cutesy and jealous.”

They just laughed all together.

“What were you two doing?”

“I was talking with Taeyeon for a while.”

“If only I have time, I would like to go all together in a family trip.”

“It been really a while since we did that mother, isn’t it?” Jiyong’s mother reacted.

After few moments of silence, “What do you have for the rest of the week?”

“Hmm, I think I have a schedule with Jiyong about the coming ad filming tomorrow and the day after is the shooting.”

“Oh, that’s great!” she tapped on Taeyeon’s hand, “Then let’s go all together and get our men from their net.”

“What for?” they were confused.

“To go on a trip all together.”

“What? Are you for real mother?” Jiyong’s mother was dumbfounded.

“Let’s go, come’on, get ready you two.” She called then, “Kim butler!”

“Yes, elder.”

“Get our summer mansion ready,” she ordered, “and get the car ready, we’re leaving to the company.”

“Sure, elder.”

 

And they really did go to the company all together.

As the doors opened for the three elegant women that were dressed in the finest clothes and having their hats and sunglasses on.

It was a scene from a movie.

All the employees were stunned there with this impactful presence in front of them.

“Chairwoman,”

“Ma’am,”

“Taeyeon-ssi,”

The managers and directors were running to greet them after they heard the news of them coming.

“Where are they?” 

“They are having a meeting.”

“It will end soon.”

“We will wait at their offices then.”

“Let me show you the way,” one of the directors marched ahead. 

“Sister-in-law,” Yongbae approached then, as he was waiting for the elevator there.

“Yongbae-ssi,” Taeyeon smiled, “How are you doing?”

Then he noticed Jiyong’s mother and his grandma.

“Hello chairwoman,” he bowed to them, “How have you been mother?”

“Oh, it’s Yongbae,” Kwon grandma smiled, “It been a while since you visited us young man.”

“Sorry Chairwoman, I was busy with handling the work of our overseas branches.”

“You’ve worked hard,” she tapped on his shoulders, “Aigoo, what is with the Chairwoman thing, I told you multiple times to call me Grandma.”

“Yes, Chairwoman-” he slipped, “Yes, grandma.”

She laughed, “This is better.”

Then the elevator came, “From this way,” the director said.

“It’s fine, I will show them the way.” Yongbae told him.

“Yes, sir.” The bowed to them as they rode the elevator.

“What brought you here mother?”

“Mother wanted us to bring the family’s men back home this dramatically.”

“Then you should do that more often grandma.”

“Really?” she turned at Taeyeon, “Taeyeon-ah, let’s pick them up everyday together.”

As they were holding hands together, “Alright grandma, I will come with you here everyday.”

 

Then Yongbae took them to the President’s office.

“From this way grandma,”

“Woah, it been a while since I came here.” She reacted.

“Would they be late?” Jiyong’s mother asked.

“No, I just got a call that they finished.”

“Yongbae-ya,” Kwon grandma then called, “Don’t you have a girl in mind as well?”

“Y-Yes?” he was surprised.

“Since you saw Jiyong getting engaged like this, you must’ve thought of doing it as well, didn’t you?”

He was embarrassed, “Well that is just…”

“Don’t you have a kind young woman that you can introduce to him, Taeyeon-ah?” she asked her.

“Well, that is a bit hard…”

“Why?”

“Because Yongbae-ssi is such a good man, so it’s hard to find a good woman that would suits him.”

He smiled shyly.

“He will find his own fate, don’t worry about him.” Jiyong’s mother told him.

“Don’t wait too long, and open your small eyes a bit to find her.” Kwon grandma told him that made everyone laugh out loud.

“Why is it too loud in here?” Kwon grandpa came in commenting. 

“Oh! what are you all doing here?”

“Honey,”

“Taeyeon-ah,”

“You are here too?”

“Tada!” Kwon grandma acted cutely. “We came to kidnap you!”

“Kidnap us?”

“Come with us right now!” Jiyong’s mother went and got Kwon father.

“Come, come!” Taeyeon went and got Jiyong.

“Let’s go!” Kwon grandma locked her arm with Kwon grandpa and marched first.

“Yongbae-ya, what’s going on?” Jiyong cried as he was dragged out.

Yongbae just shrugged his shoulders and laughed at them.

 

As they went out, they found three cars waiting for them at the entrance.

“Where are we going?”

“You will see, just get in.”

“Stop nagging and get in!”

And then those three women, kidnapped their men and went with them to their first family trip with their daughter-in-law.

 

“Where are we?” Kwon grandpa asked as they reached.

“Why are we here?”

“Isn’t this our mansion?”

“Yes.”

“We’re staying here for 3 days and 2 nights.”

“W-What?”

“But we have work to do tomorrow.”

“I’m the Chairwoman here,” Kwon grandma stated, “I gave you 3 days off from me.”

“Woah~” Jiyong reacted, “Grandma’s charisma is JJang!”

She laughed, “Let’s go in, I’m tired of the long way trip.”

“Are we really doing this?”

“Then what? Did you think I’m joking?”

“Woah~ finally I’m having some days off!” Jiyong reacted.

“It’s all because of Taeyeon, be thankful to her.”  

“Taeyeon? Why?”

“She wanted to go on a family trip all together, so I brought her to fulfill her wish.”

“You did well.” Kwon grandpa told her, “It been a while since we went out to a one.”

“Kwon Jiyong,” she called then.

“Yes, grandma?”

“Cancel Taeyeon’s schedule for the rest of the week.”

“Well noted, don’t worry about it.”

Taeyeon was more than happy then.

 

“How did you think of such a great idea?” he asked Taeyeon as they were on their way to their rooms.

“I was just saying it, since grandma seemed lonely lately,” she said, “but then grandma told us to pack and get ready to go and kidnap you guys.”

“As expected from grandma, she is someone with one word.” He chuckled. “When she says something, it must be done immediately.”

“Let’s change our clothes first and get ready to make dinner.”

“We are doing it?”

“Yes, hurry now.”

 

They changed and went down.

“Grandma, grandpa,” Taeyeon called them, “Rest first, you must be tired from the long road trip, we will prepare for dinner then call you when it’s ready.”

“Alright, we will rest first then.”

“Have a good rest.” She bowed to them and went to prepare dinner with Jiyong.

“Ya Kim Taeyeon,” he called, “Why are we doing dinner? There’s the chef here, let’s just rest I’m so tired.”

“Go prepare the fire to grill the meat, I will make the stew and the side dishes here.”

“Why are you so hyped up today?” he held onto the side of her shirt and swung it childishly, “Let us go and rest~”

“Kwon Jiyong!” she glared at him intensely.

“Alright, alright, I will go.” He pouted.

Taeyeon wore her apron and started to take out the ingredients that she need.

“Where is mother and father then?”

“They are having a coffee date outside, don’t bother them.”

“But that is unfair, why is everyone resting and we’re cooking here?”

“Because we need to eat.”

“And there’s someone that can do that instead of us,” he backhugged her, “Yeon-ah, let’s go and have some time to ourselves.” He whispered into her ear seducingly.

“Hon,” she called gently, “You either get the fire ready, or I’m going…”

“Going what? Are you threatening me?”

Her gaze softens, and she just cupped his face and left a peck on his lips.

“Now, will you light up the fire my fiancé?”

“Of course, my lady.” He sheepishly replied. “But after a real one!” and then he swiped her from her waist and her lips hard with one intense kiss in revenge of having him cook dinner for tonight’s trip.

 

As the sun set, Jiyong and Taeyeon were done with the dinner preparation, as Taeyeon made Doenjang-Jjigae (Korean Soybean Paste Stew) and Japchae (Korean Glass Noodle Stir Fry) with other side dishes, while Jiyong grilled the steaks that the chef helped him with seasoning them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter