The Granted Happiness

It's Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” he jumped as he heard his mother's voice calling as he closed Taeyeon’s door.

“God! You scared me!”

“Why? Did you commit a crime or what?”

“No, I was just putting Taeyeon to bed.”

“You can’t sleep?”

“Eng, I have some things on my mind.”

“Come with me, let’s have a word together.”

 

They went to the lake side, and sat there at the wooden swing together.

Jiyong’s mother sighed, “Aigoo, my son is going to marry soon.”

“Thank you for raising me up this well all these years mother.” He linked his arm with her affectionately.

“Get away~” she pushed him, “I’m disappointed in you.”

“Huh? Why? What did I do?”

“Is it not enough that Taeyeon was the one that asked us to get you two engaged,” she glared at him, “Now she was the one that asked me to let you two get married.”

Jiyong was surprised.

“M-Mom…” he was lost, “Weren’t you the one that decided that?”

“Why would I rush with your marriage?” she sighed, “Taeyeon came to me and told me that she will have an Asian Tour soon, and I knew that she wanted to tie the knot with you before that, since she doesn’t want to be that far from you.”

That was all fresh new news to Jiyong.

Jiyong’s mother hit him, “Aigoo, I don’t know how lucky you are to find such a kind and loveable woman!”

“Taeyeon did all that…”

“I really don’t know who the man is and who is the woman here!” she glared at him, “How can you let your woman do everything that you should be doing instead?”

“Mom, I just don’t know how all this happened!”

“Don’t tell me that she was the one that proposed to you too!”

“P-Proposed?”

“Jiyong…” then she knew that he didn’t accomplished this step yet, and then he was welcomed with another slap at the back of his head, “God! you’re a disgrace!”

“Ah mom!” he whined.

“You’re going to marry her after couple of days, and you didn’t propose to her yet!”

“Mom, I just didn’t have the right moment to do so!”

“Do you even love her?”

“Of course I do!” I cried defensibly. “You can doubt anything, but not my love to Taeyeon.”

“Then how did you let her do all the men work instead of you? Aren’t you even embarrassed?”

“I am,” he bowed his head, “But what can I do, she is always a step faster than me.”

“Then from this day on you should take that step first always.”

He groaned.

“What should I do with you?” she sighed then.

“Mom, please love Taeyeon as much as I do~” he acted all cutesy.

“At first I thought that she was playing with you, since you know she is an idol and you’re just you.” she breathed, “And I even were concerned about how messy and noisy this will be if it was real.”

“But then?”

“She made you get hurt, and I hated her for that.” Jiyong’s mother smirked then, “But the more I saw her since then, the more she looked a better person than what I expected her to be.”

Jiyong smiled.

“She was educated well, and her manners are on the point. More than this, she gets so well with your grandma and grandpa, which is something remarkable as you know your grandma don’t open up for anyone.”

“Yes, my grandma fell for my Yeon’s charm indeed.”

She hit his shoulder, “But there’s something that is bothering me.”

“What is it?”

“I don’t think she realize that we had accepted her into our family yet.”

“What makes you say this?”

“You know when that incident happened when I was with her at the department store.”

“What incident?”

“She didn’t tell you?” she was surprised.

Jiyong shook his head. “What happened?”

“When I was shopping with her for your engagement party, a newbie chaebol (rich) woman came with her daughter and made a scene at the VIP suite.”

“And what happened?”

“They kept belittling Taeyeon and saying that how an idol is taking this suite while she is merely just an idol.”

“What?!” he raged up. “Mom! Why did you not tell me?”

“Don’t worry, I taught them a lesson and kicked them out.”

He huffed in anger, “Why did she stay still?”

“That what angered me, I knew that she didn’t say anything since I was there and she didn’t want to act up in front of me, but even so, she needs to have confidence that she is one from our family and what hurts her will hurt us as well.”

Jiyong was touched by his mother’s words.

He hugged her immediately.

“Aigoo my lovely mother~” he called, “What did I do to deserve all these amazing women in my life?”

She his cheek, “Go and be a better man to your woman, stop making her suffer alone.”

“Yes ma’am!”

She tapped on his two hands as she held them, “I’m really glad that I got to see you this happy Jiyong-ah.”

“Of course, I would be happy, Taeyeon was the one that introduced this foreign feeling into my life after all.”

“I’m sorry if I was harsh on you before, I just wanted you to wake up and find the right person for you.”

“Don’t mention it, at the end I found her.”

“Be happy~”

He hugged her and they stayed chatting there for a while then called a night and went inside to sleep as it got chiller.

 

 

When they returned back to Seoul.

“Come with me,” Jiyong took Taeyeon.

“Where are we going? I need to help your mother out.”

“Just come…”

He took her through a secret door at the end of the back yard.

“Where is here?”

Taeyeon asked as she saw a big yard with a flowery path as they reach the entrance of a big royally white villa.

“Jiyong, where are we? Are we trespassing someone’s land?”

“Tada! This is our house Taeyeon-ah.”

She blinked couple of times, “W-What?”

“I have always wanted to show you this, but I think now it’s the right moment to do so.”

Taeyeon kept staring at it from outside.

“What do you think?”  they entered inside then.

“We will have here our main living room, and the kitchen will be here, and then here is a guest room, while upstairs…” they ride the twin curved staircase. “Here at the right we have two bedrooms and small living room between them, and at the left side, there’s the master bedroom and in front of it there’s a nursery room for the kids later on.”

Taeyeon was stunned with all this as it all came just suddenly at once.

“Here when you enter, there’s your dressing room, and mine is at the opposite side, then our bed would be here, and we need to have some sofas here beside the window wall.”

He looked at her and smiled brightly, “What do you think?”

“Oh my…” she was speechless.

“Why? Do you not like it?” he pouted.

“J-Jiyong…” she was in tears.

“Taeyeon-ah, what is wrong? Should we look for another house? Just tell me…”

She hugged him suddenly.

“I love you.”

He smiled, “I love you too.” He pulled away to brush her tears away, “But what is wrong?”

“I’m just touched,” she sniffed, “Seeing you before of me telling me all your plans for our future that you’ve always dreamed of, made me feel guilty that I couldn’t be there while you were planning it…”

“What are you talking about? Come here…” he took her into his arms. “I was planning all this, since the first time I saw you in.” Jiyong smiled widely, “So, you can’t compete with my love for you.”

She hit his chest playfully and laughed, “How can I stop you?”

“Let me show you our afternoon tea area…”

They went downstairs to see that at the back yard of the house, Jiyong made a small deck, where they could imagine the patio there with the campfire placed there at the center of it, and it’s on the view of the pool where it took half of the space there, as the trees and the flowers filled the corners and the sides of the yard.

“What do you think?”

“Jiyong…” she held her tears in.

“We can spend our winter nights here in front of the campfire,” he wrapped his arm around her, “And at summer we will have a pool day with our little rascals here.”

She tiptoed and kissed him.

Then childishly she broke into hard sobs.

“What again now?” he laughed at her as she was sandwiched in his long arms.

“Stop-making-me-fall-in-love-with-you-more-than-this!!” she immaturely cried out.

“Aigoo, our Yeonie is falling in love~” he .

“Kwon Jiyong!”

“What Kim Taeyeon?”

“I love you!”

“I don’t!”

“What?” she cried out.

He rolled his tongue for her.

“Ya Kwon Jiyong come over here!”

And they chased each other playfully around their yard there.

“When did you build this house?”

“Hmm, at first my grandpa wanted me to build one at the same land of our family house.”

“Why didn’t you do that? It’s really a big house, and there’s a space to build one there.”

“But, I wanted to have my own house, so back in 2015, I went and bought this land that is just next to our family house, and built is for us.” He said, “Even though they are my parents, but having our own space would be better, and you know our work nature, we sometimes come late and instead of keeping on worrying them, I thought this would be better, and we’re just a door away from them.”

“Oh my…” she was shocked, “J-Jiyong, it was since then?”

“I told you, it was since the first time.”

She was about to tear up again.

“Ya! Ya! Don’t cry!” he begged.

“Then stop making me touched!” she hit him and pouted.

“Aigoo, what should I do with you!” he pinched her cheek.

 

The next day Taeyeon went to Jiyong’s office, “Knock, Knock~”

“You’re already here?” he said as he was signing some documents with Park secretary.

“Are you busy?”

“No, I’m about to finish in a moment, have a seat first.” He told her, “You came alone today?”

“No, grandma came with me, she just left with grandpa.”

“Really? Aigoo, I think they’re the newlyweds not us!”

They laughed.

“Alright, this should be everything for today, right Park secretary?”

“Yes, Kwon Executive Director, we finished all the schedule for today.”

“Then, Mrs. Kwon, should we go now?” he arched his arm for her.

“Ya, we’re in your company right now, they’re many eyes watching.”

“Mrs. Kwon, you’re now mine, and everyone knows that fact.” He grinned, “So, what are you afraid from?”

“You’re unstoppable as always,” she hit his arm, “Let’s go Mr. Kwon.”

“After you my lady…” he opened the door for her and then went out arm in arm.

All the employees looking at them admirably and also at the same time you can see the shock in thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter