Meeting Him

It's Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

After some years later....

 

Taeyeon POV

 

As we were on the way back home after finishing my ‘s tour at Manila, my manager reported, “Taeyeon-ah, you have tomorrow an audition for the new CF with Hyundai Haesang.”

“What? I’m taking that role? Why the bother? I have other CFs that I’ve been doing for years already.”

“Ya, do you know how hard I tried with them to get you a chair in this one?”

“What? Then they didn’t want me?”

“It’s not like that, but you know the industry these days.”

“It’s not their fault, there’s many young and pretty girls out there, why would they pick me.”

“Ya, you’re still pretty and…”

“Unnie, stop.” I glared at her, “I will go tomorrow, but I don’t grantee you to get it.”

“You will get it, you’re Kim Taeyeon.”

“Unnie, I know that you will give it to Red Velvet members at the end.”

“What are you talking about?”

“It’s the same case with each offer that comes to me, you just give them to these girls.”

“Taeyeon-ah…”

“I’m tired, wake me when we arrive.”

 

The next day I went to this CF audition, it was crowded with other juniors standing there waiting.

They greeted me as I was passing by, “Hello, sunbae-nim.”

“Taeyeon-ssi, you can come in...” The employee there said, then a phone call came to her, “I’m sorry, but I’m afraid you should wait for a while at the waiting area.”

“Why? Is there something wrong?” my manager asked her.

“I don’t know, I just got the orders.”

We stayed at the corner of the room, away from these youngsters.

As I reached the last post from 2 days ago in my Instagram feed, they called my name to enter the audition hall.

“Unnie, should I really do it?”

“Please Taeyeon-ah, just this time…”

I sighed, and then followed her, just for the sake that she worked hard for it.

 

“Hello,” I came in bowing.

“Taeyeon-ssi, how have you been? It been a while since we saw you on the screen.”

“Ah right, I was busy with my concert tours lately.”

“Congratulations on your new sub-unit group.”

“Thank you.”

They asked couple of questions, then that women asked, “Taeyeon-ssi, how can you express calmness?”

“Hmm…” I pretended to think, “It’s me.”

They were confused.

“Ah sorry, it was a lame joke.” I awkwardly laughed.

“Ah you mean ‘Taeyeon’* as in your name’s meaning!” then they laughed. (Taeyeon*: it means calmness in Korean)

“If your car broke at the middle of the street, what would you do?”

“Call the insurance company.”

They were impressed.

“You didn’t think that I would say that I would call my manager?”

They blinked all together, “It’s the most common answer we got from everyone.”

“My manager is my manager just at working hours, other than that she has her own life to live, and I can’t depend on her on everything.”

That was a strike for them.

“Thank you for your time, we will reveal the results after a while, please wait outside.”

 

“How was it?” she asked as I exited.

“Unnie, get me some coffee, I’m about to explode right now!”

“Alright, I’ll be back in a moment.”

I kept busying myself with the phone, so no one would approach me.

 

Minjin unnie was late, so I took my bag and went to the rest room to fix my makeup.

I went to freshen up on myself first, and then I heard two women talking as I was in there, “Hey, did you hear that SNSD Taeyeon came for this audition?”

“Really? Why though? If she wants it, she shouldn’t get auditioned for it.”

“It’s strange right? I heard that the managers don’t want her as she’s you know…”

“What? You mean old?” and then they laughed.

“I bet that is the case, if I was in their shoes, I wouldn’t pick her as well.”

“Right, who would pick the old one and leave the young and more popular ones?”

Dramatically I pushed the door of the toilet cubicle, and exited as if I didn’t hear anything.

“Oh my!” they exclaimed.

It was two newbies from a new group that is I don’t even know its name, and they were talking about popularity? Huh!

I washed my hand, and then took my phone, “Uh Fany-ya, don’t you think that the plastic surgeons are being lazy and funny with their recent surgeries,” I laughed sarcastically, “Uh nothing, it’s just there’re some faces that is really painful to look at, since they’re so ‘fakely pretty’.” I glared at them with a poker face.

“We’re sorry sunbae-nim.” They bowed.

“Who said that I’m your sunbae?” I spat at them and left first.

 

“Where have you been?” my manager asked as I went back there.

“Let’s go unnie, I don’t want to stay here.”

“Why? Is there something wrong?” she gave me the coffee, “Here take this, the results will be out soon.”

One of the employees came out announcing, “The results are delayed for a while, sorry for the inconvenience.”

“Eunsung-ah, what is going on?” my manager asked her as they know each other.

“The new Executive Director came today, and he opposed the final decision the evaluation members took.”

“Just let’s go…” I firmly told her.

As we turned to march away, someone came with two guards and stood in front of us.

“Kim Taeyeon-ssi,”

“Yes?”

“This is Park secretary,” he bowed, and I bowed back, “The Executive Director wants to meet you.”

“Why? Is there something wrong?”

“You would know as you reach his office.”

 

As we were waiting for the elevator, “Oh, did you see that? I heard that the new Executive Director came in and turned the tables at the audition today.” The employees that were passing by gossiped. 

Then my manager Min Jin unnie got a call, “U-Uh, stay still, I’m on my way now.”

“What’s going on?” I asked my manager.

“The newbie manager got into an accident with the girls, I have to go and take care of it.”

I sighed, “It’s fine go.”

“Will you be alright alone? Should I call another manager for you?”

“No, I will just see what he wants and ask someone to pick me up.”

“I’m sorry Taeyeon-ah…”

“Just go, it’s not the first time.”

And then I ride the elevator with this secretary and the two guards.

 

Does he want to apologize for not giving me the role?

What does he want from me?

I kept thinking on my way to his office.

 

He knocked then opened the door for me, “Sir, Kim Taeyeon-ssi is here.”

“Let her come in…”

As I came in, and saw him turning in his leather office chair in a slow motion to face us.

I bowed before looking at him, “Hello, I’m Kim Taeyeon.”

As I lifted my head up, my heart started to beat again.

It’s him.

“Hello, I’m Kwon Jiyong.” Then he smiled.

I kept blinking.

“Welcome to Hyundai Group Kim Taeyeon-ssi.” He marched to sit at the leather sofas in his office.

Am I dreaming? Do I still miss him to the extent to hallucinate that he is in front of me?

“Have a seat please…” he signed.

I kept staring at him.

And he did as well.

“Park secretary,” he called while locking his gaze with mine, “Bring us two americano double shot, less ice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter