Working With Him

It's Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A Quick update since today is my 4th anniversary as a writer here! ^^

Hope everyone is doing well!

It's Midterms time, so I will see you after I finish next week!

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

I thought about it all night, and then the next day that they gave me to come to a decision by the end of it, I kept thinking and finding reasons on why I should do this.

 

“So, what do you say?” Boa unnie asked as I visited her at the bar at night.

“I will do it,”

“You thought well Taeyeon-ah!”

“But, I need to have something in exchange.”

“What is it? What do you want?” she looked at me, “Vacation this year?”

“Ah, this is something given,” I chortled sarcastically, “Unnie, if they don’t want to listen to my wills, I’ll just take my stuff and go to other companies, they will die to have me under their agencies.”

“N-No! you’re our company’s golden child!” she dramatically reacted, “We can give up anything and anyone but you!”

“Anyways, what I want is to add some conditions to the contract.”

“What are they?”

“I don’t want to meet the Executive Director or anyone from his party.”

“Huh?” she was confused. “Why? Do you know him by a chance? Did he do anything wrong to you?”

“Just, unnie put that into my conditions.” Then I continued, “Also, I don’t want to join any team dinner or meetings or anything.”

“Taeyeon-ah, the first condition it may work since it’s not that necessary to meet him everyday, but for the second one, how would you be able to present them and be their face without attending meetings about the upcoming events and promotions?”

“Alright, then just leave it as ‘Don’t attend any team dinner or anything else irrelevant to work only.”

“You’re strange, do you know that?”

“I just hate my life recently.”

“Ah right, it was his death anniversary last week.” She tapped on my shoulder, “I’m sorry Taeyeon-ah, it been a hard year on you, tour, concerts, promotions, releasing albums and now you have to prepare for your Korean and Japanese comeback and Japan tour too.”

“Thank you unnie for reminding me with all these sufferings I will have to live with the coming days.”

“Aye, You’re Kim Taeyeon, what are you afraid of anymore?”

“Myself.”

“What?”

“I want to kill someone so bad, but I’m resisting myself so far.”

She was shocked, “Taeyeon-ah…”

“It’s a joke.” Nonchalantly I told her.

She let out an awkward laugh.

“Unnie, I have to go now.” I drank my one and only mug of beer in one shot and left first.

“Uh, thank you Taeyeon-ah, I will buy you a meal for sure for doing me this favor.”

“Aye~” I think I’m tipsy already. “Don’t mention it.”

“Should I call for you a driver?”

“No, I will just walk, my home is near here.” I put on my hoodie, mask and walked in my path.

Actually, it wasn’t. but I wanted to walk and clear my mind and wake up from being drunk before returning back to my empty house.

 

As I was stumbling here and there on my way back, I were hit by a ball by the high school kids that were playing at the playground there.

“Ouch!” I cried.

“Ajumma, pass us the ball back!” They shouted.

“What? A-Ajumma?!” I got irritated, “You dare to call me Ajumma!-” I threw the ball aside then tightened my fist and were about to attack them, but that back blocked me.

“Ya! Won’t you be more careful? This Ajumma got hurt because of you!” he shouted at them.

Who gave him the right to call me Ajumma!

“We’re sorry.” They bowed towards me.

But I was hiding behind his back.

“Yes, this should come first before nagging on her to get you your ball back.” He scolded them, “Here…” he passed the ball for them.

“Thank you.” they bowed again and left.

“Are you alright?” he said without turning to face me.

I just nodded.

“Be careful next time.” He nonchalantly put his hands in his pockets and left first.

“W-Wait!”

He stopped before entering his car again.

“Don’t interfere in my life again.” I told him.

“That’s up to me.” He smirked.

I huffed in disbelief, “W-What? Who gave you the right for that?”

“You.” he smiled, “Take care.” Then left first.

 

I stood there for a while just thinking of how we reached this level of our lives. What made us drift apart like that and then return back again like this?

 

The next day I went for the shooting.

I was getting ready in the portable cabin they prepared, “Taeyeon-ah, the director is looking for you.”

“Alright.” I went outside, to find that there was a young man waiting next to the director.

I bowed to them.

“Taeyeon-ssi, thank you for being our Hyundai new face of 2019.” He said then gave me the flowers.

“Thank you.” I just smiled back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter