Chapter 19: Seoul, 2014

Skylight
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]19.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seoul, 2014[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] And whenever someone tells me to let go of you … I hold you even more close because it feels like they are snatching you away from me -Wewake- [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

“Kim Taeyeon was the one who pushed me down the stairs.”

Baekhyun breath hitches. His small eyes widened in shock. His brain is trying very hard to process the newfound information. He is very sure that he hears it correctly. Is it really Taeyeon Sunbae who made his Jihye become like this?

Jihye closes her eyes. He can see how she is very terrified of how his reaction will be. But after a minute or so, she only hears silence. She takes a peek at his expression and all she can see is how his face hardens in anger.

“O-op-”

“Are you stupid? Why the hell did you let her go like that? She should be in jail Ji!” He snaps at Jihye. Jihye opens but nothing comes out. Baekhyun runs his fingers through his hair. “I can’t believe this.” He whispers quietly but Jihye can hear him perfectly. “Yeah, I was stupid. I should have let her rot in jail.” She fiddles with her fingers.

Baekhyun glanced at Jihye. The girl who always looks so strong and confident only sits quietly with her back hunched forward. She looks so vulnerable right now and Baekhyun hates it. His fists clenched in anger. He is very hurt but he can understand why she doesn’t tell him. He will believe her in a heartbeat even if she tells him the most absurd story. But, all this time he fanboys over Taeyeon, how does she feel? “Why?” he asks in a hoarse voice. His throat feels so dry now and his eyes stings.

“Why did she do that to you?” Jihye slowly looks up at Baekhyun. Their eyes met. Jihye smiles faintly. “I… She told me that I ruined her future. She was supposed to debut as a soloist but, SM decided to put her as SNSD leader and was going to debut me as a soloist instead.” Jihye looks away. “Weird isn’t it?” She chuckles bitterly. “I’d never have thought that…” she sighs and shakes her head.

If it’s anyone else who tells him about this, he will only laugh it off. Now, how can he tell her that SM asks him to date Taeyeon to bury Kris departures? He must find a way to escape from SM's ridiculous plan without Jihye knowing. She doesn’t need to know about this.

Baekhyun opens his arms wide. “Come here.” Without wasting any second, Jihye moves closer to Baekhyun and buries her face on his chest. Her arms circle around Baekhyun's waist. Baekhyun wraps his arms securely around his tiny frame. “Seriously Ji, you have a strong family to back you up. Why didn’t you report her?” Baekhyun asks.

“That’s the problem oppa.”

“My family wants the accident to be buried because it will only bring shame to our family. And I don’t even have any proof of that accident.” “What can I do?” Baekhyun's heart breaks after hearing her reason for not reporting that woman. Baekhyun tightens his embraces around her as if trying to put her broken pieces back. “I’m so sorry Ji. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Baekhyun apologized over and over again. Years of knowing her, he can only add the pain to her wound.

“Why are you apologizing?” Jihye asks him softly. “I’m such a bad guy…” He mumbles. Jihye giggles. “I didn’t tell you this to make you feel guilty like this. I just… don’t want to misunderstand.” She truthfully tells him. Baekhyun swears to himself, he will always protect her. He won’t hurt her ever again.

“I love you Ji. So much.”

“I love you too, Bacon oppa.”

***

“I already called dispatch to help us. They will take your photo and release it to the public.”

“So when are we going to take the photos?” Taeyon asks. “So eager. Baekhyun-ssi still hasn’t accepted our proposal. Not that he has a choice.” Mr. Kim sips his coffee. Taeyeon bit her lower lips, feeling anxious. She is very sure that Baekhyun is going to be easy to persuade. Well, it turns out someone has become her obstacle once again.

“What should we do if Baekhyun refuses?” Taeyeon asks. Mr, Kim smirks and leans to his seat.. “Well, I’ll just need to make sure that he can’t refuse.” He paused. “Why are you so eager for Taeyeon-ssi?”

Taeyeon smiles. “Well, I just want to help you and my hoobae. We have many fans who want us to have a romantic relationship. So I got this idea that maybe it can help our situation right now.” She explains carefully. ‘And this is the only way I can have him.’ Mr. Kim nods. “Very well. You can leave now.”

Taeyeon excuses herself and walks to EXO practice room. If she fails at persuading Baekhyun then she just needs to make Jihye do the job. Baekhyun will do anything Jihye asks. Thinking about how the man she loves will do anything for another woman just makes her angry.

She finally arrives at the practice room. She hears that Baekhyun is still practicing alone. It’s a perfect opportunity to talk to him. Taeyeon combs her hair with her finger and straightens her dress. Slowly and quie

Please log in to read the full chapter