[20]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY

"You and I will be safe and sound" - Taylor Swift, Safe And Sound.

"Does she keep her phone on her at work?" Sehun asked as another call went unanswered and Baekhyun nodded.

"She does, if it rings enough times she'll probably stop to answer it so keep ringing, please" Baekhyun's hands dragged down his face, and his leg bounced as he struggled to stay sitting in his seat.

"I'll call again" Sehun put the phone to his ear again as the phone dialled for Minah's once more.

"Are they there yet?" Instead of answering him, Jongin put his phone to his ear as well.

------------

"It was reported as of this morning that the three brothers Damon, Peter and Harvey, have been found to have escaped the Korea Correctional Service. It has been asked that if anyone spots the three escapees that they move to safety immediately and dial for help" The door to the shop swung open as Minah felt the world growing dark and collapsing around her. She lost grip of the broom in her hands and struggled to blink.

"Who the hell is barging into my shop? I swear if it's you little punks again trying to take my complimentary treats I will be calling the police for all the havoc you bring-"

"Sir I'm sorry, but we need to take Kim Minah your staff member home, it's an emergency" Minseok cut off Heechul with wide eyes full of seriousness. Jongdae looked around for Minah, turning his head left and right, snapping his eyes in the direction of the broom that cluttered to the floor noisily.

"Jongdae" Minah's voice trembled as the radio continued to give a detailed description of the prison escapees.

"Minah let's get you out of here" Jongdae's feet were light as they traipsed towards Minah and he extended a hand towards her as she looked to her boss.

"Excuse me? What's going on here Minah?"

"Minah isn't safe right now, so we need to take her somewhere that she is" Minseok quickly explained.

"Boss I'm sorry I-"

"Go" Heechul nodded, not needing further explanation from the girl.

"Let me know when you are safe to return" He instructed and Jongdae swept Minah into his side, sensing her legs grow weak.

"Thank you, sir" Minseok bowed, holding the door open for Jongdae to guide Minah out of the hair salon as Heechul's mouth opened and closed.

"I'm not old" He breathed out. Minseok rushed out of the salon and unlocked the car for the three to get in.

"Jongdae call one of the guys and tell them to get home with Baekhyun, Minah, where are your parents?" Minseok rushed out as he buckled up with the engine roaring to life. Minah did her seatbelt up with shakey hands, looking out the window with glassy eyes.

"Minah?" Minseok called out for her attention as the car merged with the ongoing traffic.

"Huh?"

"Where are your mum and dad?" He repeated as Minah's eyes blinked, and hung with lips parted.

"At work" She answered.

"Do Damon and his brothers know where that is?" Minah shook her head, and Minseok nodded, to tense to be relieved that things were going their way.

"Good," He muttered, hands clenching the steering wheel and eyes narrowing on the road they were travelling on.

------------

"Jongdae"

"Chanyeol, we've found Minah at work. Take Baekhyun and get everyone home before anything else can happen."

"What about her parents? Don't need to to take them as well to be safe?" Chanyeol's brows pulled together, and he bit down on his lip with worry.

"Minah said they're both at work and none of the three knows where that is for them, Minseok says they'll be fine, especially now that the police are onto them."

"The police? Already?" His words caught everyone else's attention, making them sit up straighter than they had when Chanyeol's phone rang.

"It was on the radio."

"Ok, well I'll get everyone moving and meet you at home" Chanyeol stood up, with the others rising to their feet to mimic his actions. With a final word from Jongdae, the call was ended quickly, and Chanyeol looked back at the eyes on him.

"Minseok wants everybody to get home, it'll be safer for you and Minah there" Chanyeol looked to Baekhyun, and he nodded, as did everyone else before they made their way out of the house and through the backyard, leaving the way that they had came.

------------

"Your phone" Jongdae pointed out, and Minseok fidgeted to pull the device out of his pocket.

"It's probably Kyungsoo or Junmyeon," He told Jongdae, handing the phone his way for him to answer.

"Hello?"

"Jongdae?" Kyungsoo spoke with confusion, and Jongdae nodded as he answered him.

"Yeah, Minseok's driving" Jongdae explained to him.

"Ok, the police are in a chase right now, where are you?" He rushed into the phone.

"Where in the car driving Minah home" Jongdae could hear Kyungsoo let out a sigh of relief.

"Ok, I'll head that way now. Junmyeon, they've got Minah, and they're going home" He repeated, and Jongdae heard the relief that came from Junmyeon.

"Junmyeon's got to go back to work."

"Ok, we'll see you both when you get home."

"Are you still there, Minah?" The girl in the backseat flinched when she was addressed, wide eyes looking to the driver.

"Jongdae talk about something I don't want Minah going into shock" Minah's eyes followed the hand that Minseok waved towards Jongdae as if he were literally passing him the responsibility in a physical form.

"Well, ok, if you insist, hey Minah?" Jongdae turned in his seat so that he would be able to see Minah and the way her eyes fluttered to give him her attention.

"There was this one time, on the full moon, right? And Sehun had shifted into his wolf form, and now clothing normally isn't a problem when we shift because we're not really shedding we're just letting an inner form come out, and that's beside the point!" Jongdae exclaimed, and Minah shoulders went up with the rise in his tone. "But then he shifted back, and for some reason, he didn't have pants on anymore, isn't that crazy! as the day he was born from the waist down in the middle of our backyard" Minah's eyes grew wide, not understanding why out of all things Jongdae could have told her, he chose this embarrassing moment for Sehun.

"Oh wow," She breathed out, unable to say anything else.

"But it didn't just happen once! I went on for a couple of years where we would shift on the full moon, and he would just sometimes have no pants on when he shifted back-" Minseok snorted as the town was finally behind them, and they were on the road to home.

"Remember that one time when Kyungsoo's father came to check up on us after the full moon, but we were only just turning back?" Jongdae cackled, and Minah flinched at the sudden loud sound that had Jongdae throwing himself back in his seat.

"Minah you're not gonna believe it!" He gestured through shining eyes that shone with the quick arrival of tears.

"What?" Minah asked him.

"He had no pants on!" He exclaimed with a laugh, Minah's shoulders shook with a chuckle, and she shook her head, eyes flicking towards the car window as shadows flickered in her sight from the trees that outlined the driveway of the home they moved towards.

"Home" Minseok muttered under his breath at the sight of his home, comfort bringing his muscles to relax with the knowledge that he had successfully made it to safety with Minah in the backseat, away from the danger. The car came to a stop under his command, and the engine cut off at the same time the door to the house swung open, and several people came flooding out until everyone was outside.

"Minah!" Her name met her ears when the car door opened, and she was able to step out of the vehicle. Jongdae's hands helped her out of the car and with an appearance before her so quick, Baekhyun pulled her into his arms as Jongdae shut the door and the vehicle was locked.

"T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter