[30]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Q: 28

CHAPTER THIRTY

"In life, sometimes everything falls into place, and sometimes everything just falls to pieces. The key is to begin creating with these fallen pieces. By improvising, you'll create something magical that might be the best thing you've ever accomplished" - Tori Amos.

"Pretty please?"

"Why, Baekhyun? I'm still confused why I've been jumped upon as soon as I got home" Back to the door, Minah pulled a face in response to the puppy eyes she was getting from Baekhyun. It was odd, and he radiated sweet desperation and Minah had a suspicion that he was up to something that could only be described as trouble.

"Why what?" Minah's eyes fluttered, becoming even more confused.

"You stampede up to me saying pretty please, I want to know, pretty please what?"

"Pretty please go and put comfy clothes on and meet back down here with me?" Baekhyun proposed, it gave her an answer, but Minah was still stumped in her place of confusion.

"I don't get it Baek" Replied the confused young woman, Baekhyun stepped back, clearing the way for her and gesturing down the hall.

"I'll be waiting patiently" He bowed, like a clerk at a fancy hotel, Minah's face scrunched up, taking a couple of steps forward just to turn and look at him over her shoulder.

"Why am I doing this?" She questioned, and Baekhyun gestured down the hall again, hands a little harsher the second time around.

"I will tell you when you get back downstairs in your fresh clothes" There was no use sticking around to get any more answers out of Baekhyun, Minah could tell. Her feet rotated, and she found her way to the stairs where she travelled up to her room and came to a stop in front of her wardrobe with a large exhale, pulling the door open and looking at her options with a blank mind. 

Her fingers travelled over her options, back and forth until she settled on a navy sweater. The material under her fingers radiated the warmth that she would desire as she took it from the hanger and put it on her bed. A pair of jeans followed after the sweater, something simple to change into. 

Minah put herself in front of the mirror and took her hair from its high place in a ponytail. She brushed it out and freshened herself up with a spray of perfume and another layer of lip balm. Her eyes roamed around the room, looking for anything that she could be forgetting one last time, she picked up her phone and shut the door on the way out, backtracking to the front door again, where true to his statement, Baekhyun was waiting for her patiently.

"So um, Chanyeol's letting us borrow his car, would you mind driving?" Baekhyun's cheeks flooded with pink as Minah rose an eyebrow, looking directly at the keys that Baekhyun held out to her with a jingle. He looked away, choosing to focus on his shoes that held his wiggling toes within them.

"Where are we going?" Clutching the keys in her hand, Minah crouched down to put her shoes back on.

"You'll see when we get there" Answered Baekhyun, perking up when the keys were in Minah's custody instead of his.

"Baekhyun, how am I meant to know where we're going if you don't tell me?"

"I'll give you directions, so you'll see what we're doing when we get there."

"You can't just tell me what we're doing now?" Pulling the front door open, Baekhyun held a grin and a shake of his head, denying Minah of any knowledge.

"Nope" With a pop of the 'p', Baekhyun turned away from Minah and started towards Chanyeol's car.

"Come on Minah" Minah's eyes rolled and she shut the door, making sure she locked it before she jogged after Baekhyun, bag strapped over her shoulder dangling and bouncing against her hip as she moved.

"Baekhyun," She started again, unlocking the door and getting in the car.

"Minah darling" He replied in an amused hum as he too sat down and put his seatbelt on.

"What are we doing?" The car hummed to life, purring like a kitten, satisfying the ears of Baekhyun and Minah with a short breath of silence coming between them to listen to the cars startup.

"You'll know as soon as we get there, I guarantee you" Reversing the car and turning for the driveway, Minah grumbled under her breath. Baekhyun laughed at her but didn't comment, choosing to sit in silence and let Minah run circles in her mind, fondly watching the way her face would cutely scrunch up as her mind hit a dead end each time.

------------

"Here we are," Baekhyun tapped Minah's thigh, "let's get out of the car" Seatbelt already off, he pushed the car door open and stepped out while Minah shut the engine off, eyes looking around outside the car.

"You coming?" Popping his head back in the door, he pulled Minah away from her thoughts, and she blinked, nodding her head.

"Yeah, I am" Locking the car, she met Baekhyun standing in front of the vehicle.

"It's a night market, what are we doing here?" 

"Welcome to our first ever date" Showcasing the night markets entrance with his hands, Baekhyun beamed a big grin. Minah's heart stopped, then it ran a mile, thundering and thumping as her lips parted, struck by awe of the man next to her.

"Baekhyun, why didn't you tell me sooner?" Stunned by her partner, she put a hand on his shoulder, shaking him.

"Because I wanted to surprise you with something" Baekhyun answered, taking her hand from his shoulder and lacing his fingers between hers.

"Come on. I made sure to bring cash with us" Pulling her forward, Minah's eyes of glitter and sparkles moved from Baekhyun's warm smile and to the night market.

"Where do we even begin?" She wondered, other hand joining the one already holding Baekhyun's, she leaned into his side with a sway. Baekhyun pulled her forward, deciding for them.

"Oh chocolate fudge!" Pointing her finger, Minah's eyes expanded, and Baekhyun chuckled, pulling her towards the stand.

"Oh look at it all" Minah breathed out.

"There's more than just chocolate," Baekhyun noticed, also eyeing the treats hungrily.

"Let's come back and get some on our way out?" With his suggestion, Minah's head bobbed, and they carried on their way, stopping at the next bright stall that pulled them into sticking around for a little longer with its loud colours and flashy gadgets.

"What is this?" Plucking the rainbow between his fingers, Baekhyun waved the stick around with curiosity.

"It's a windmill" Minah answered, picking one up for herself to try out.

"There are giant ones that when you do this-" Her finger plucked the windmill, and it spun, creating an array of colours. "-it generates energy."

"Woah," Breathing out in awe, Baekhyun's eyes expressed surprise when the action had the windmill in front of his face turning slowly.

"I'll take this two ma'am, how much are they?"

"Baekhyun these are for kids" Minah pulled on the sleeve of Baekhyun's green sweater, trying to have him resist the urge to possess the brightly coloured items.

"I've never head one before, let me stab some into the ground in the garden and watch them spin for their dear lives or something" Baekhyun handed the woman owning the stall a couple of notes and waited for his change, turning to Minah with his bottom lip jutting out.

"You have to know that didn't sound cute" She muttered, making Baekhyun crack a smile.

"Everything I do sounds cute. I am cute."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that" Change in hand, Baekhyun turned to Minah with a dropped jaw in time to see the way that she rolled her eyes at him.

"Darling, how could there be anyone cuter than I?"

"I'm sure we could look around," Minah teased as she used their linked hands to pull Baekhyun and his windmills away from the stall and to the next one.

"Nonsense there is no reason to,"

"Sure there is, I'll prove my point to you-"

"Minah darling," Joint hands pulling them closer, Baekhyun's nose hovered just before Minah's, warmth breath and shining eyes encasing her in an intimacy she couldn't break away from.

"We both know the truth. You won't find anyone more adorable than me, ok?" He closed the space in a peck to Minah's lips and pulled away with a smile.

"Ok," He nodded, tugging a stunned Minah along and making her feet that had forgotten how to walk perform the same action they couldn't remember.

"Baekhyun!" She gasped, stumbling to catch up with him.

"Yes, my love?" He blinked innocently, and Minah clucked her tongue, cheeks pink and lips curving into a smile that she couldn't hold back, even though she did try.

"You know exactly what you did" She huffed, and Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders as if he hadn't just taken her breath away in front of a crowd of other shoppers.

"I don't know what you're on about" He denied and Minah slapped his arm, more grumbles on their way out.

"Oh, is that the cotton candy stuff from the movies?" He pointed to another stall and quickly pulled Minah along, stopping her from bickering with him.

"Oh my god, Baekhyun."

------------

"You are a genius, Baek. This is so good."

"You don't have to remind me" Flicking his hair back, Minah rolled her eyes, her head shook as she chuckled at Baekhyun, putting a bit of chocolate fudge on the spoon with the ice cream. 

"Ah" She gestured to Baekhyun, and he followed without being asked twice. He hummed when the sweet treat was upon his tastebuds. Leaning forward and dropping his chilled lips on Minah's cheek, making her squeal and the rosy tint come back to her face.

"So? Let them know I love you" He shrugged, choosing to go for a sweet nuzzle of his nose against hers, though it evoked a scrunch of the face and a whine from Minah. She sighed, letting her head fall on Baekhyun's shoulder. Her eyes were growing heavy, the labour of the day catching up with her body and pulling her into fatigue.

"Long day for you?" Baekhyun wondered, and Minah's head bobbed, humming in agreement as her eyelids fluttered. More ice cream danced its way to , and Baekhyun laughed in amusement at her actions.

"How was your day, Baek?" She hummed sweetly, turning on the bench so that she could be facing Baekhyun.

"It was good. It went by quickly because I was excited to see you and bring you out tonight."

"I liked it, thank you, Baek."

"Of course, darling."

------------

"Baekhyun, there are still people around" She whined, putting a hand on his chest when he tried to attack her with a kiss a second time.

Baekhyun softly shut the front door and locked it, knowing that nothing he could do would go unheard by the other sensitive eared beings in the house. Still, he tried to go by unheard with Minah matching his movements slowly and quietly taking his shoes off. There was no point like he predicted. His ears picked up when another presence placed themselves at the end of the hall, patiently waiting for the pair to walk towards them.

Eyes shining with the excitement of hearing about their night, Minseok remained at the end of the hall, smiling at them with his hands clasped together in front of him. Minseok was quickly disregarded for Yixing bursting past him and down the hall, arms open and fingers wide, curled with the intention to grab and not let go. Minah jumped to the side and pressed her back to the wall. Yixing's eyes zeroed in on Baekhyun who pushed himself to the wall horrified by the glee that wickedly clung to Yixing's features and pulled his mouth open into a vast, excited, cackling grin.

"My little sugar plumb baby boy how was your first date?!" The door could have snapped off its hinges with the force Yixing slammed Baekhyun back into the door with. Baekhyun cried out in agony and cursed for Yixing to get off him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter