[10]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TEN

“You see, you closed your eyes. That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too--even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling” - Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie.

"So you need to find somewhere to live then?"

"Huh?" With eyes larger in size as they blinked, Minah looked at Jongdae.

"You need to move out of your parent's house?" Minah nodded in response to Jongdae's brow quirking upwards.

"Then move into our spare rooms" Jongdae's shoulders bobbed simply. Minah choked on the air she was breathing in as Baekhyun perked up and turned to her while the others around them all reacted with their variation of shock.

"Wouldn't that be awesome?" Baekhyun excitedly approached Minah and put his hands on her shoulders as she tried to recover.

"Maybe you could have discussed that suggestion with us first" Minseok's face tried not to contort into his true emotions as Junmyeon cleared his throat and nodded his head in agreement.

"I can't accept that offer" Head shaking, Minah looked away.

"Besides it's clearly been sprung on everyone, to accept it would just be rude of me" Minah's fingers lost themselves in the material of her long-sleeved shirt.

"You can take the offer if you want to," Minseok assured Minah, "and we could arrange something that we're all happy with"

"No offence, it's a nice offer, a really nice thing to offer actually and it's kind of you to be willing to help. But I'm in the middle of a tough spot where we don't really know each other and  I have my problems to work on which I don't want to put onto you. Not to mention my parents would have my head if they got news of me moving into a frat house with a group of guys" There were understanding nods of heads given as one person snorted, making everyone look at him.

"What? She called us a frat house" Sehun shrugged his shoulders.

"We kind of are a frat house" Sehun snorted again when Jongin agreed.

"I thought we were roommates?" Yixing scrunched his face up.

"Well if you moved in with us the only time you would turn up on our doorstep is when you're coming home from classes and work of an evening and it would be your doorstep too" Jongdae sighed out like he was imagining a sweet dream and Baekhyun cringed, scrunching his face up.

"Don't talk and think about Minah that way" He warned.

"You can ignore them" Junmyeon reassured Minah from the steps of the patio as Minah gaped at them.

------------

"You have to leave already?" Chanyeol was pouting, eyes flickering between Baekhyun and Minah, wide with sadness at the aspect of his newfound friends leaving again.

"That would be why I have my keys in my hand" Sehun scoffed without looking back from putting his shoes on. Chanyeol's eyes darkened, glaring at Sehun as he shoved him.

"I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to my new friends" He retorted.

"Are you all like this all the time?" Minah gasped, slapping a hand over , eyes freezing widely as they all turned to look at her.

"Like children?" Minseok answered casually.

"Something about being a werewolf makes us childish for a lot longer, we're still pups because we're only half wolves and that slows down our growth" He explained as chuckles and giggles broke out while Minah pulled her hand away from her red face.

"Red cheeks" Baekhyun poked Minah's cheeks and she squeaked, jumping back, flushing even more.

"Don't" She whined in a small, shy voice, turning away from Baekhyun.

"Let me know when you want new sheets on those beds" Jongdae waved from the end of the hall.

"Jongdae would you shut your cakehole for a bit?"

"Come on Junmyeon you know that the only thing that will shut this cakehole up is cake"

"Stop copying things from the TV like it's funny and make your own material for once"

"Stop saying that I copy everything from the TV like an old man"

"You son of a-"

"Well, it was nice to see both of you!" Minseok beamed at Minah and Baekhyun with his hands slapping over Jongdae' and Junmyeon's mouths as their words became muffled cries for help.

"Make sure they get home safely" He instructed and Sehun scoffed, swinging the door open and stepping out of the house.

"I'm not ready!" Chanyeol's long limbs wrapped themselves around Baekhyun and he swooped a panicked Minah into his side with Baekhyun holding onto her.

"Let go Chanyeol, it's not your ity we're talking about here"

"Why do you guys always have to embarrass me?" Chanyeol whined, hiding his face in the clump of Minah and Baekhyun that he was hugging as his cheeks grew hot and his eyes almost watered.

"Can we please go now?" Minah squeaked, body trembling as thought after thought raced through her mind and her breathing went in and out in short pants.

"I'm uncomfortable too" Baekhyun muttered, wriggling to get out of Chanyeol's arms and the leg that he had wrapped around Baekhyun's waist.

"Chanyeol back off"

"I'm going to miss you" Chanyeol sniffled and Baekhyun yanked Minah out of his grip, stumbling back as Minah let out another squeak.

"You know where we live" Happy to remind him, Baekhyun beamed a toothy grin and Chanyeol wiped his crocodile tears away with a sniffle.

"Yeah I do"

"Can we leave now?" Sehun called from outside the door and Minah swallowed, nodding and taking a shaky hand to clasp Baekhyun's with.

"Come on it's time to go" Baekhyun's other hand waved farewell, cueing a chorus of responses as they left the house and Sehun shut the door with a sigh.

"Thank god" He heaved out, lights on his car flashing as he unlocked it and they all clambered into the vehicle.

"You not want us here?" Sehun glared at Baekhyun for his question that was digging under Sehun's skin just the way he was hoping for it too.

"No, just not you" Sehun retorted and Baekhyun rumbled a growl from his chest, leaning forward from the backseat.

"No you don't, not while I'm controlling this vehicle" Baekhyun whined when Sehun's large hand covered his face and pushed him back into his seat with his long arm. Minah blinked, turning to look out the window so that she could carry on acting like neither of them was in the car with her.

"Minah," Baekhyun complained to her, "Sehun's being a " His hands tugged on Minah's sleeve like a child begging for attention.

------------

"Oh, you're here again"

"Is that really how you greet all of your visitors"

"No, I actually want to see my other visitors"  Minah was not impressed by Sehun's retort or his sudden appearance at her door.

"Minah, who's there sweetheart?" Mrs Kim called to her daughter who was taking a long time to answer the door and Minah's face dropped, but Sehun smirked.

"Ah, are you Mrs Kim?" Sehun called into the house.

"You" Minah scowled, but it was Baekhyun that came up behind Minah.

"Ugh, you're here" His face scrunched up and his eyes travelled up and down the height of Sehun.

"Oh, they haven't gotten rid of you yet" Sehun breathed out.

"Who's talking about Baekhyun in such a way? That's my lovely boy" 

"Mama, it's Sehun" Baekhyun was quick to point a finger at Sehun as he stepped aside and the taller male was easily spotted over the height of an unhappy Minah.

"Are you Mrs Kim?" Sehun repeated his question and the mother of the household let her head bob as an answer.

"I'm Oh Sehun, Minah's favourite friend" He introduced himself and Mrs Kim pulled a face in response.

"I was never told about you, are you sure you're the favourite?" Instantly, Minah's personality made sense to Sehun and he smirked.

"I just amaze her so much it takes her breath away every time she tries to talk about me" Mrs Kim held her daughter by the arm and stepped aside, giving Sehun the signal to come in. Minah huffed as her mother smiled and Sehun perked up, entering the house with a bow of his head as he quickly slipped out of his shoes and faced the trio with two of its members grumbling under their breath.

"Thank you for having me, Mrs Kim"

"Don't mention it, Baekhyun could use some more male company in this house since my husband isn't home all too often"

"No, I don't"

"Baekhyun, be happy that we have a guest" Mrs Kim's mother scolded, while she was on her path of scolding, her narrowed eyes stopped on Sehun and she paused in her steps to look him up and down.

"You don't know her ex-boyfriend do you?" Her voice was stern and Sehun swallowed but nodded his head honestly.

"I met Minah through being a close friend of Damon's," Mrs Kim put her hand back on Minah's arm and Sehun continued to explain, "I never had any idea he was doing what he was doing and I have handed over every piece of evidence I possibly could to the police"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter