[18]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"A ring is a circle that has no end, thats how long I'll be your friend." - Unknown.

"Are you feeling cold?" Minah looked at Baekhyun with her arms wrapped around herself in a tight hug, trying to keep her body heat, she nodded, and Baekhyun's tongue clucked to scold her.

"Why didn't you just say so?" He chastised her and Minah's shoulders shrugged as he pulled her into his arms, her body immediately finding a source of warmth in Baekhyun.

"Why would I need to? You were all having fun" She muttered, and Baekhyun's brows pinched.

"That doesn't matter. You're only human, not to mention thin and susceptible to the cold, we would rather have gone back to the house to have fun than to let you sit here and get sick in this weather" The scolding continued for Minah. She huffed, putting her head on Baekhyun's chest, silently admitting defeat as Baekhyun said his two cents.

"Are you ready to go now?" Junmyeon shuffled over to the pair, his brow pulling upwards with his question.

"Yeah, let's go" Baekhyun answered with a nod.

"Are you coming with me this t-"

"No!" Baekhyun curtly replied before Sehun could finish his question for Minah. He shifted and shook out his coat, lowering himself to the ground.

"Yip yip?" Jongdae wiggled his brows, and Minah chuckled at the reference. Chanyeol was by her side within a second offering a hand that turned into hoisting her onto Baekhyun's back.

"One day, one day I'll show you a proper run through the forest" Sehun vowed with a shake of his head, and Minah looked at him, brow raising in amusement. She turned away in time to not watch what happened to Sehun's body when he shifted, but her ears ear couldn't hide from the sounds they all made to become the wall of wolves that stalked towards the trees, ready to merge with their environment to make it home. Minah crouched forward, knowing what was coming as Baekhyun moved into a smooth trot to follow after Jongin dashing past him, limbs elongated and elegant in each of his strides. The wind began to whistle past her ears, and her eyes squinted to fight against becoming watery, wanting to see the world around her as they moved.

Kyungsoo barked, and that was when everyone really began to move, picking up in speed so fast that Minah couldn't see what they were weaving past. It was a record timing. Minah noted that it was the quickest they had made it home by the whooping and hollering that came with each shift they all made back into their human forms. Baekhyun slowed down to stop in front of the back porch, giving Minah steps to step down onto when she slid off his back.

"You stink."

"You thin that I stink? You should grab a sniff under your arm then."

"Don't actually do it you'll pass out" Kyungsoo warned Jongin, putting a hand Jongin's arm before his nose could reach. Jongin nodded in understanding, only to realise what Kyungsoo was implying once he had walked away. He turned back with a glare in his eyes, but Kyungsoo was already out of sight, knowing sticking around would only be trouble and more physical exertion.

"That prick" Jongin turned back for the house, catching a giggle from behind Minah's hand and a snort that Baekhyun didn't hide.

"Watch it you two" Jongin warned them, turning around to set his firey glare on the two of them, only to get a loud scoff out of Chanyeol, who shoved through him like he wasn't even there, making Jongin quickly forget about Minah and Baekhyun to target Chanyeol instead. Baekhyun followed them into the house, conversation striking up with Minseok as Minah followed after them, sitting down on the couch to listen quietly.

------------

"Minah, how are you going with your saving up?" The conversation struck between Junmyeon and Minah when he noticed the female sitting back, watching as the others engaged in video games.

"Oh, it's going ok" Minah nodded, and Junmyeon hummed, taking note of how some of the ears in the room perked up, trying to listen without making anything obvious.

"Do you think you'll have a place soon?" He inquired, and Minah shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm looking around for a place, but nothing much is coming up for my price range yet" Minah's shoulder went up then back down, and Junmyeon hummed.

"Why? How much do you think we're going to make you pay for a room?"

"Sehun" Minah didn't even look his way, putting her eyes back on the TV as Sehun leaned towards her.

"Groceries won't be that expensive either, not with this many of us living together," He continued, and a pull of tension grew between Minah's eyebrows.

"And when Baekhyun is working he'll be paying for himself" Chanyeol pointed out to her, with Baekhyun nodding in agreement to his statement. Minah rolled her eyes and looked at Junmyeon.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" Junmyeon cheeks flushed, his lips unable to stop from pulling in a smile.

"You did" Minah gasped and Junmyeon sunk lower into the cushions of the couch, rubbing the back of his neck as he fidgeted.

"Oh! You won't even have to hire any moving trucks because we can help you!"

"Yeah, Kyungsoo has his truck that can fit the bigger stuff in it."

"Is it red?" Minah immediately asked, turning to the one that possessed the truck.

"Are you making this out to be a twilight movie?" He accused her, earning chuckles and snorts.

"Is it red?" Minah repeated her question.

"Of course not" Kyungsoo shook his head, and Minah rose an eyebrow.

"It's red, isn't it?" She pressed, earning another head shake from Kyungsoo. The room enveloped into silence with Kyungsoo looking around, eyes warning them all not to say anything. While he was doing that, Minah shot up to race towards the car garage, Kyungsoo's quick senses making him shoot up and follow after her.

"It's not red!"

"Put me down!" Kyungsoo had Minah off the ground, running away with her before she could see through the open doorway.

"You don't need to go and look!" Kyungsoo dumped Minah back on the couch, and she bounced back up onto her feet as soon as she had collected herself and her sense of balance.

"If it's not red then why are you making such a big deal out of this?" Minah crossed her arms over her chest, staring Kyungsoo down as everyone in the living room that they were back in watched them.

"Because it is red, he just doesn't want to be associated with Twilight or Jacob" Sehun ratted Kyungsoo out, cutting him off before he could even answer Minah.

"Because Twilight is so embarrassing!" Kyungsoo threw his arm in a fit as he wailed and Minah burst out in a fit of giggles.

"Aw look, you made Minah laugh" Baekhyun cooed, sweetly smiling at the way Minah flushed when he pointed out her burst of laughter.

"Now you've embarrassed him" Minseok commented on the way Kyungsoo had gone red in the face, standing in his place, body and mind unable to decipher what he should do. Laughter burst around him, and his lips quivered as he contemplated letting his emotions out or sitting down and waiting for the laughter to stop.

"You all balls" He muttered as a final decision, crossing his arms and dropping down on the couch to grumble as the laughter burst into another round.

------------

"So, this is the part where we say goodbye?" With sad shining eyes, Jongdae's hands crept up Baekhyun's arm, discretely taking h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter