[25]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"You cannot run faster than a bullet." - Idi Amin.

 

Silence, nothing but herself and an empty house. That was what Minah was expecting of the night. It had been just that, eerily silent at some points, so much so that Minah kept things like the tv going when she would leave the room, just so that there would still be noise as she went about her business. It was when all the noise was gone, and Minah was alone in the darkness, eyes heavy with the weight of sleep that the unsettling feeling crept upon her in the safety of her bed.

Her eyes snapped open despite how weighed down they felt, and she looked around, trying to sense something in the dark. But there wasn't anything, even after turning the light of her phone on, there was nothing to see. She relaxed, sitting her phone back down and sinking into the bed once again, not ignoring the calls of sleep that came her way.

She was seconds away from being asleep when the sound of dread pushed her back out of it and her bed. The carpet meeting the revealed parts of her skin hurt, and she hissed, cradling her hand that she knew had carpet burn. Frustration pulled at her, and it wasn't until a second shot rang through the night air and the walls of the house that Minah realised what was happening. She was on her feet quicker than she could recall, dashing over to the window to pull the curtains back. In the darkness of the night, she saw none of what she could hear, not until movement in the backyard caught her eyes. It was a disfigured blob, but before she was even able to recognise it, Minah was shooting out of her room and skidding down the hallway and the stairs, sliding to a stop at the back door that she ripped open.

The harsh sound made the disfigured blob look up, more recognisable now that Minah was closer to it.

"Sehun!" The name sprung from her lips, her feet did the same on the ground, pushing her towards Sehun who was only recognisable by the hair on his head and sharp nose under the moonlight.

"Go back inside Minah!" The words took too much energy from Sehun, and the elbow that was holding him off the ground collapsed under his weight.

"What the hell is happening out there Sehun?! Did I really hear gunshots?!" Minah ignored him, and Sehun slapped her hands away from his wounds.

"You need to stay away from me while I'm uncontrollable" He hissed, bearing teeth sharper than any set of teeth Minah's eyes had seen.

"Sehun you're hurt, you can't be worrying about that right now."

"I said, go!" There was still strength within that burst out of Sehun to push Minah back. She landed on the grass and blinked at Sehun, eyes going wide as she struggled to comprehend her journey to the ground.

"Oh Sehun" Minah grunted as different features on Sehun shifted and changed, his mind unable to control and decide what form his body was to be in.

"You are coming inside. And I don't give a if that's not where you want to be because something is clearly happening out here" With a spit in her tone. Minah pushed herself onto her knees and crawled back to the writhing Sehun who curled in on himself even as he tried to push off the ground.

"You need to go back inside. You've been told to stay there."

"Sehun!"

"Minah it's dangerous out here, and I need to help the others!" A loud yelp broke out through the trees, from which direction, Minah wasn't sure, but Sehun's eyes widened.

"Get inside" He commanded, sensing the one behind the high pitched sound moving closer. He pulled himself on aching limbs himself towards Minah, and she reached out to him.

"Go!" He commanded, getting up onto shaky legs that he used to drag Minah back in the direction of the back porch. Barking made out of pure anger had Minah jolting, and she followed Sehun back to the house. Her eyes snapped down to the claws digging in, piercing the skin of her arms and drawing blood. Sehun's other hand shot to his head, and his eyes squeezed shut. He tried to shake away the pain and groaned as Minah's eyes widened. His body snapped into unnatural angles, and Minah gasped, jumping towards the door.

"Get inside!" Sehun's voice was one she could hardly recognise as his body broke, snapped and popped into new forms, ones that she barely recognised as a darkness took over his limbs, hair growing thick and creating dense fur.

"Agh!" The half shifted man snarled, trying to pull away.

"Sehun!" Minah snapped at him through the dark. She was cast away again, earning a growl of frustration that erupted from her chest. A snarl that overpowered any growl Minah could produce shut her up, eyes hesitant to look up now. Hot breath smacked against her, and there was a meter difference between her and the beast.

Sehun no longer recognised who was in front of him.

"Sehun" Shakily, Minah's hands crept back, squelching and slipping on the tiles with the blood that clung to them leaving trails behind. Minah's heart sank, only to jump again when the wolf in front of her crouched, signing to her that the dangerous creature was ready to lunge at her, dripping blood and salivary teeth in all its glory prepared to dive right towards her.

"" In her mind, Minah knew she wouldn't be able to outrun Sehun in his wolf form. But her legs kicked, setting into action as the wolf, now behind her did the same thing. A scream ripped through , eyes trembling as they looked for an escape. Mind in scrambles, she burst through the door of the downstairs bathroom and slammed the door to shut it. It collided with Sehun and all his beastly height, eliminating any chances of the door closing and keeping him out. When that didn't work, she bailed, moving to the bathtub and falling in with Sehun on her tail. The shower curtain went down with her, covering her from sight. She struggled to her feet. Minah ripped the shower curtain away from her face, met with the beginning of a wolf lunging at her. Arms intending to block the attack spread the shower curtain in line with the open mouth of the beast biting at her. It hit the back of his throat, and he choked.

In a frenzy, Minah clawed her way out of the shower curtain, throwing the extra pieces over Sehun's eyes to make a second break for it. On clumsy feet, she slid on the toilet lid and over the basin. Tripping out the door, she splattered to the ground but willed herself to move back to the door as Sehun's wolf howled out, bringing himself pain with everything his wounds bumped into. Minah's fingers slipped on the handle of the door, and she let out a haggard wail, trying again and ripping the door back towards herself, slamming it shut. The sounds that came from the other side of the other door were sounds like nothing Minah had heard in her life. The anger and distress that came out of Sehun's wolf tore at Minah's eardrums, threatening to break them. Her breathing continued in accelerated pants, eyes unable to blink out of their widened state.

Her head whipped around as wind whistled through the open back door, and she gasped. Disregarding the thought of Sehun's wild wolf tearing down the bathroom door, she tripped over her feet. She slipped over the blood that quivered under the weight of her hands pressing on the ground, all with the determination to shut the back door and pull over those blinds to stop any of the other wolves from wanting to get closer.

Minah's legs struggled under her weight, and her body knocked into the furniture as if the moonlight wasn't shining through the open door pathing a safe path for her staggering feet to take. hung open to take in and release raspy, ragged trembles of air that did nothing to make her lungs satisfied with their ability to function. With half a mind, she snapped with all the speed possible to shut the door and rip the curtains to cover the glass as her eyes spotted a rustle in the distance, across the yard with a taunting gleam that said 'I'm only a heartbeat away'. As if they thought everything was over, Minah's knees buckled and gave way to her weight. She collapsed, a sound of pain breaking through her dry lips that her tongue poked out to , the sweat of terror racing down the side of her face as her head sunk.

"Though this is far from over" In her mind, Minah knew that to be accurate, Sehun's wolf was still going crazy trying to fit itself in the not so large downstairs bathroom. He yipped and howled, no doubt bringing more pain to his open wounds and causing himself more strain. With what felt like defeat and the life out of her body, Minah forced her limbs to carry her in a slow crawl back towards the bathroom door that was still on its hinges. With relief, the door was still shut, and Sehun's wolf was probably too big to turn around and bust it open or to kick his legs and slam it towards her, much to Minah's relief. She hovered closer to the ground near the door until her cheek was against the hard flooring, probably getting dirty, she vaguely told herself. But she felt like the weight of the world was pushing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter