[7]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SEVEN

“Violence does, in truth, recoil upon the violent, and the schemer falls into the pit which he digs for another.” - Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

"Take a seat, I'll get you something to drink" Minah followed Sehun to the couch that Junmyeon was directing her to with her hand tightly holding Baekhyun's. And Baekhyun obediently followed after her, eyes pinned on her as he tried to work out what had happened to her.

"Maybe you should put on a shirt first?" Minseok answered and Junmyeon looked down at his torso, face going red as the other males filling the house that Minah refused to look at made similar movements and some turned the same colour as Junmyeon's face.

"That sounds like a good idea" Junmyeon ran away from sight and Minah sat down next to Sehun, bumping shoulders with Baekhyun as he stuck close to her side.

"Why is there pain?" His worried voice was right next to her ear and Minah jumped, snapping her head to look at him.

"Baekhyun" She breathed his name out even though she had known he was right next to her the whole time.

"I'll get you a glass of water Minah"

"Me too Minseok?" Sehun hummed as he relaxed into the couch and Minseok scoffed without looking back.

"Get your own drink"

"Damn it" Sehun let his head fall back and his eyes close as he breathed out and Minah looked at him.

"Minah" Baekhyun pulled her attention back to him and she blinked as they came face to face.

"Why are you hurt?"

"Yeah, um, no offence but it would be nice if we could know why we have this guy in our home suddenly" Minah quickly looked to the new figure sitting down on a second couch that faced the one that she was on.

"I-I'm sorry I-"

"Would you stop pestering her? You too Baekhyun" Sehun opened his eyes and turned his head to look at Baekhyun and his roommate that wasn't hesitating to be nosy with them.

"Me?" Baekhyun shot back and Minah put a hand on his leg.

"Minah just went through something extremely stressful, she doesn't need to have it brought up, again and again, like just let her rest for a bit"

"Here" Minseok came back out from the kitchen with a glass of water that had ice floating at the top. Minah flinched and Minseok's hand backed away.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" Minah shook and Baekhyun wrapped an arm around her, putting his other arm out to take the drink.

"No, I'm sorry" Minah shook her head and took the glass from Baekhyun.

"Don't sweat it" Minseok backed away and Minah glanced up to try and get a look at him. Her eyes cast down just as quickly as they went up as Minseok was still looking at her and she cleared , bringing the glass to her lips so that she could take in the cold water. Minah looked at Baekhyun, lips shaking to quirk into a smile as Baekhyun's brows creased, just wanting to know what was wrong.

------------

"We can take you home, it's not a problem" Chanyeol clutched the keys to his car tightly in his hand and Minah swallowed as she clutched Baekhyun's hand tightly in hers.

"We don't want to trouble you" Her voice quietly told him and Chanyeol waved the comment off as he opened the front door and stepped out.

"It's no trouble at all, the driveway is one long walk as it is, let alone walking the rest of the way home after that," He told her conversationally as she followed him out of the house behind Baekhyun who was eager to go where Chanyeol went.

"Thank you, for what you did today" Minah turned back to Sehun and bowed to the other bodies that lingered around the front of the house.

"Don't mention it" Sehun shrugged.

"We look forward to seeing you again" Yixing waved them off and Baekhyun looked back, realising that following Chanyeol meant leaving everyone else behind.

"Everyone" His eyes flickered with conflict and Minah pulled him back.

"You can see them again another time if you like" She eased his discomfort and Baekhyun breathed out a sigh, waving his hand as Minah gently pulled him in the direction of the car that Chanyeol was stood in front of, waiting for them to join him. Kyungsoo followed them to the car and smiled when Minah looked up at him, flinching back as they made eye contact.

"I'm gonna come for a ride too" His explanation was done in a mellow tone that suggested Minah could calm down, but her body didn't follow the suggestion as her hand squeezed down on Baekhyun's hand. The car lights flashed as Chanyeol finally unlocked the car and opened the door, giving Minah a smile that bared his teeth to her, shiny and white like pearls. But she looked down and Chanyeol kept his smile despite the lack of eye contact.

"Madam" He offered her entry to the car with a polite hand.

"Thank you, Chanyeol" Minah bowed her head and got in the car, watching as Baekhyun waved one last time before following her in and looking around.

"It's the same as mums car," Minah's small voice told Baekhyun as she put her seatbelt on and Chanyeol shut the door, running around to the front seat.

"What's wrong?" Kyungsoo turned in his seat to look at them and Minah swallowed, eyes flicking from Baekhyun to Kyungsoo, noticeably looking at his chin instead of his eyes.

"Baekhyun doesn't have much experience with cars" Minah muttered as Chanyeol dropped into his seat and swung his door shut.

"You don't drive?" He asked, looking at Minah through the mirror.

"I can, I just don't own a car" She explained and Chanyeol nodded as Kyungsoo looked between them.

"I feel like I'm missing a few things" He commented and Chanyeol nodded.

"Yeah dude" He confirmed and Kyungsoo blinked at him when he didn't elaborate for him. Kyungsoo huffed and faced forward in his seat again as the car moved down the driveway. There was a visible frown on his lips that Chanyeol openly ignored and Minah breathed out through her lips, her eyes going down to the warm hand that held hers safely, glad that her secret was safe for now. She looked to Baekhyun's, lips pulled into a smile, he didn't seem to mind that their story wasn't told and for that, she let out another sigh silently.

------------

"Wait" Chanyeol put his arm out in front of Minah and Baekhyun, keeping them from walking down the hall as the elevator doors opened.

"What's this?" Kyungsoo stepped out into the hall to take a closer look. Chanyeol's nose picked up a bitter smell and when he looked over his shoulder, Minah and Baekhyun both looked like they were scared.

"Police" He breathed out, stepping from the elevator and making sure Minah and Baekhyun followed. The doors shut behind them and Minah felt like everyone could hear it when she swallowed thickly.

"Are any of you the residents of apartment 304?" A policeman approached with the question as soon as he heard the elevator. Minah nodded and linked her arm with Baekhyun's, keeping him close to her side.

"I'm sorry to tell you but there has been a break-in, one of your neighbours called us when she heard crazed yelling and we arrived at your apartment as soon as we could" Minah's face dropped again after already doing so when the elevator doors opened. The part of her mind that wanted the police to not be here for her apartment screamed out in horror and all she could do was her drying lips as her eyes looked past the policeman and down the hall where her door was taped off.

"A break-in? But nothing was wrong when I came to get Baekhyun" Chanyeol was the one to speak, looking extremely worried like it was his house that was broken into and not Minah's home.

"We were unable to get here in time to catch them, but we have our team scoping the area for them and they have left damage"

"I know who it would be" Minah's small voice came through the conversation and the policeman looked to her.

"It would have been Harvey"

"Are you sure? We can't just pinpoint people in your life that may be angry with you at the moment"

"No, I know it would have been, we just came from the hospital because his brother attacked me while I was at work and let it slip that Harvey was coming here to get Baekhyun. I had Chanyeol take Baekhyun away from the house for me, to keep him safe, it was definitely him"

"You're the girl from earlier? Kim Minah" 

"That's me" Minah nodded, struggling to hold her head up as Baekhyun looked at her with widened eyes, his grip on her was tighter and he swallowed, lips trying to find words that he could say in such a situation.

"Then I would like for you to tell me what you think happened and why" Pulling a pen and notepad from his pocket, the policeman looked up at Minah again, awaiting her words. Baekhyun continued to hold her and Chanyeol put his hand on her shoulder, making Minah jolt but also making her realise she needed to speak.

"What I think happened is, Harvey came to the apartment looking for Baekhyun, because his brother Peter told me so when he attacked me at work today. This is revenge because I put their brother in jail"

------------

"Minah?"  Minah hummed as she adjusted the pillows on her old bed, with one phone call, her mother had brought her back to the home she was raised in. She sat down and turned to Baekhyun, who stood in the doorway of her room, twiddling his thumbs and looking down at them, Minah could see his bottom lip jutting out and her brows went up slightly in amusement.

"What is it Baekhyun?" She questioned when Baekhyun didn't look up. Baekhyun heaved out a big breath, he looked back over his shoulder and after a moment of thought, he shuffled into the room and shut the door carefully. When he turned back to Minah, his eyes were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter