[22]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

"Your voice is music to my ears, your smile is beauty to my eyes" - Unknown.

"Oh my god, you guys are not going to believe this!" It seemed like everyone was able to hear and anticipate the arrival of Kyungsoo, everyone except for Minah, who was naturally overcome with a tremor of shock at the front door slamming open and a hasty Kyungsoo spiralling into the house like a tornado.

"Why are we yelling?" Jongin sat up and rolled over so that he could slump over the back of the couch to look at Kyungsoo.

"Because I have good news!" Exclaimed the excited Kyungsoo, who rushed around the living room to able to sit on the couch like everyone else.

"And what is this good news?" Chanyeol questioned, arms hugging a couch cushion to his chest, feet crossed at the ankles on the coffee table, which Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at but quickly moved on from.

"Because I was talking to Junmyeon today and he had a thought-"

"Well, that would be a first."

"You're not wrong" Giggles broke out but quietly dimmed down when the ears of the males in the house twitched in alert, sensing another arrival that would be able to hear them too.

"Anyway, Junmyeon pitched the suggestion that we all pitch in to get Netflix" Kyungsoo smiled as everyone's heads snapped back to him.

"We're getting Netflix?!"

"Oh, thank god! Every other person I know has it, and I have no idea what they're on about with all their watch lists and new releases" Sehun rolled his eyes from where he was slumped in relief at the concept of finally catching up on something that most people seemed to have.

"We're only doing it if you all pitch in, I'm not going to be the one that pays for that all by themselves, not when there's so many of us" Minseok strolled into the living, pulling his socks off with his work jacket slung over his shoulders, dangerously close to falling off.

"Welcome home Minseok" Minah smiled, and Minseok looked up, eyes sparkling at the sight of Minah and Baekhyun relaxed on the couch in a huddle with everyone else.

"Why thank you Minah" He nodded and Minah smiled.

"Oh, I can't wait for all the shows I can watch" Jongdae rubbed his hands together.

"When are we setting it up?" Yixing asked.

"At some point" Minseok shrugged his shoulders, his unspecific answer taking the excitement out of the room.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously what? Am I the only adult here? You're all capable of doing things on your own so if you want it that badly you lot can set it up" He narrowed his eyes at the group who all sulked at his remark. With his socks off, Minseok climbed up the stairs, Minah's eyes followed after him, teeth nibbling on her lip unsurely as noise broke out around her again. She wiggled, freeing herself from her confines of limbs and cushions. Baekhyun looked at her questioningly, but Minah's eyes were cast on the stairs and following Minseok, not noticing Baekhyun trailing after her with his eyes and his lips parted in question.

"Oh, Minah" Minseok's ears picked up the lights steps of the girl trailing behind him, she jolted, looking up at Minseok carefully with her hands clasped behind her back. Minseok's lips curled softly, and he beckoned for Minah to follow him, turning on his heels back in the direction of his room. She pattered after him and stopped in the doorframe, eyes following Minseok as he shimmied out of his jacket.

"I'm guessing that the text Chanyeol sent me earlier would be on your mind?" He guessed, tone careful as he stood at his nightstand, taking off his cufflinks and sitting them down.

"It is" Minah answered softly, and Minseok hummed.

"I thought so, Minseok breathed out, ing his vest and Minah blinked.

"Where do you work Minseok?" She had never thought to ask him before, but now that she had, Minah couldn't hold back her question.

"At the bank in the middle of town, why?" Minseok turned to look at her over his shoulder.

"Come in, come in" He gestured, and Minah entered his room, looking around at the tidy space.

"You dress fancy" She mumbled, and it brought a chuckle out of Minseok.

"Because that's what I have to do for the job," He remarked, and Minah hummed.

"What do you want to do?" Minseok asked quietly, making Minah turn back to him, mouth falling open.

"In this situation, what do you want to do Minah?" Once again serious, Minseok ed his shirt and Minah looked down, taking a seat on Minseok's bed.

"I don't know, Yixing says that I should stay here, where they won't be able to find me" Minah's shoulders jostled up then back down and Minseok sighed, pulling a sweater over his head and his torso, stretching his arms into the sleeves as he moved towards the bed and sat down as well.

"That would keep you safe," He agreed, Minah sighed, looking down.

"But it's your choice, whatever it is that you want to do, then you do it. And if that means staying in the house because that's what feels best to you, then you can do that, but if you still want to go out, go to work and do your shopping, then you can do that as well" Minseok continued in a gentle tone, and Minah nodded, showing that she understood.

"I don't know what to do, I just want everyone to be safe from harm" She explained in a small voice and Minseok hummed in understanding, his hand coming to rest on Minah's shoulder.

"I promise, no matter what you do, they won't be able to harm anyone, we'll make sure of that, I assure you Minah."

"Thank you" Minah made her lips curl into a smile and Minseok nodded, doing the same.

"Of course."

"Minah?" Minah looked to the doorway, and Minseok blinked, finding Baekhyun staring at them, his own eyes blinking cluelessly.

"What's Netflix, and why do they all keep talking about it?"

"Ha, loser" A snort came from downstairs, and Baekhyun's face hardened, thinking he had escaped to a safe place to ask his question.

"I'll tell you later Baekhyun," Minah stood up, pushing her sleeves up to her elbow.

"Thank you Minseok," She bowed before quickly brushing past Baekhyun to rush down the stairs.

"Oh Sehun if you want to talk about Baekhyun then you would wanna make sure I'm not here to hear about it!"

"You can't hurt me you puny little human- agh!"

"Get him Minah get him!"

"That's a girl Minah show the twit who's boss!"

"Just don't break the coffee table" Chanyeol reminded them through his laughter, watching as the living room became an open ring for Minah to take down Sehun.

"Ow Minah!" Too shocked to retaliate, Sehun tried to cover his s from Minah's reach.

"Woo! Whoop his !"

"Sehun don't hit girls!"

"Go Minah!" Baekhyun clapped from the foot of the stairs, smiling proudly as the two rolled around the fight consisting mostly of Minah landing hit and Sehun running away when he was scolded for hitting back by the onlookers.

------------

"Junmyeon is home!" Jongdae perked up at the sound of a car coming down the driveway, one that he recognised to be Junmyeon's car.

"That's him!" Yixing confirmed, getting up and running to look out the window. Junmyeon car was indeed the one cruising down the driveway, eliciting excitement from everyone else.

"Junmyeon's home?" Sehun came bursting down the stairs to join the others. Minah sat up to watch them all and Baekhyun joined in, happy to be excited about something.

"Oh boy, we haven't seen Junmyeon all day!" He beamed, bumping shoulders with Kyungsoo on his way to the door.

"Hi!" Even Minah could hear the happy exclaim of Junmyeon from outside, touched by everyone's happiness to see him arriving home.

"Open the door, open the door!" The front door was swung open, and Junmyeon's arms mimicked it, awaiting an embrace he wasn't getting.

"Hello, my wonderful family, you make me so much happier to be home" He breathed out finally.

"Are we setting up the Netflix account?" Junmyeon's smile dropped, then forcefully returned to keep up his joyous image.

"Junmyeon I'm so glad to see you home safe!" Baekhyun jumped right into his arms and Minah rolled her eyes at the way it made Junmyeon brighten.

"Baekhyun, it's good to see you my boy" As if he couldn't hear or see the others, Junmyeon entered the house with Baekhyun clung to him, doting on him like a father would when he returned home after a long days work.

"Did you do anything interesting? What have you learnt today?"

"We did, we did" Baekhyun nodded.

"Where's Minah? She's not here with you?"

"They taught me how to play games, and I got to watch Minah beat Sehun up, she's on the couch!" Baekhyun pointed in the direction of the living room, past all the people that were ogling Junmyeon.

"Minah!" Junmyeon grinned, teeth showing and eyes squinting joyously at a waving Minah stan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter