[17]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

“To live, to TRULY live, we must be willing to RISK. To be nothing in order to find everything. To leap before we look.” - Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass.

Minah breathed out, stirring as she squeezed her eyes in hopes of not waking up like her body was trying to make her do naturally. She still felt tired and could predict that it had only been a couple of hours since she had fallen asleep. She could also feel the body of another on her and had to open her eyes that wanted to stay shut so that she could look at who it was.

"Baekhyun?" Her groggy morning voice came out strained, showing that no part of her being wanted to be awake. The familiar body clinging to her had eyes closed densely, no sign of consciousness, even as Minah slowly made her tired body turn in the arms of Baekhyun. Gentle like a feather, Minah traced the line of Baekhyun jaw with her finger, eyes blinking with the desire to stay closed. Then her hand dropped on Baekhyun's arm, and her eyes closed, lulling back into a peaceful sleep.

"Wow so that really is normal for them"

"Oh, so you'll cuddle with Baekhyun but not me? Wow rude" Or, that was what Minah had hoped would happen. Her eyes snapped open, and her head turned to find Yixing, Jongin and Minseok looking at them, curiosity in the eyes of Jongin and Minseok, while Minah could see that Yixing was offended.

"Have you seriously been sitting there staring at us?" Minah blinked slowly at the trio.

"Since we woke up" Jongin nodded.

"Why on earth would you be doing that?" Minah tried to close her eyes and pretend they didn't exist, but she had stupidly asked them a question that gained answers quickly.

"Because we're trying to figure out how Baekhyun pushed Sehun away to get to where he is" Eyes opening again, Minah lifted her head to discover what the trio meant. Sprawled out with his blanket disregarded and his pillow at his side, Sehun lay with his mouth open, and his head lulled at an angle that no one imagined would be comfortable. His source of warmth came from Chanyeol and Jongdae draping over his body, almost butting heads as they slept. Mysteriously, Baekhyun was next to Minah, holding her through their blankets with his head nestled comfortably on the pillow with the purple pillowcase he had chosen himself at the store. Not pulled away enough from her sleep, Minah grunted and dropped her head on the piled-up blanket between her and Baekhyun, closing her eyes and breathing out slowly as she disregarded figuring out how things were as they were.

"Let's leave them alone" Minseok, finally providing a voice of reason, made his suggestion.

"But I kind of want to be part of the cuddling."

"Yeah" Jongin agreed as Yixing moved towards the pair, rather than away like Minseok wanted him to.

"They're not going to like that."

"I'm coming in" Yixing warned from behind Minah, shuffling closer to her in his cacoon of warmth.

"Whatever" Minah breathed out, muscles bracing for impact but quickly calming down as fatigue pulled them back into relaxation.

"Then I'm taking part too" Jongin huffed when Yixing wasn't refused. His body became Yixing's pillow, and Minah breathed out a sigh at the warmth surrounding her, pulling her closer to that place of dreams.

"Don't annoy her" Minseok warned, practically going unheard by all of them, especially Minah who slipped back into sleep before she knew it.

------------

"So this one is the guest bathroom, there should be towels in their already" Junmyeon opened the door and took a swift step back, letting Minah enter the bathroom, firstly by poking her head in and looking around before she carefully stepped on the tiled floor.

"There are towels," She nodded, and Junmyeon smiled when she looked back at him, feet shuffling to turn as he told her one last thing.

"Great, just knock on my door or look for someone downstairs if there's anything you need" His fingers pointed to the room that was claimed as his and Minah followed with her eyes to know which room it was.

"Ok, thank you Junmyeon" Minah nodded, Junmyeon waved, shuffling his feet down the hall and leaving Minah to herself. She shut the door and turned with a big breath out, eyes landing on the shower. She pulled the curtain aside and set to getting the water at a desirable temperature, changing out of a piece of clothing each time she took her hand away from the water. When she stepped into the shower and felt the hot water raining down on her, she sighed, noting how nothing could compare to a hot shower in the morning. She knew it couldn't last forever though and felt a lingering attachment to the hot water when she turned it off and stepped out to dry off and get dressed for the day ahead.

"So, how was the bathroom that won't be the guest bathroom when you move in?" Jongdae was the first to acknowledge Minah when she came down the stairs in a fresh pair of clothes, feeling refreshed and cleaned of the night before.

"I feel very refreshed thank you Jongdae" A sarcastic smile pulled at Minah's lips as she openly ignored the way Jongdae had chosen to word his sentence. But he grinned as if satisfied by having received no verbal rejection from her.

"My turn?" Baekhyun sprung up from his seat, and Minah nodded.

"All yours" She stepped out of his way as Baekhyun passed her, fingers still brushing her side in a way that had her body shivering in surprise.

"Are you hungry?" Junmyeon asked her and Minah blinked, gently walking down the last of the stairs and following him to the kitchen.

"A little, what's the time?" She asked.

"A little after two" Someone in the kitchen answered and Minah gasped.

"Two o'clock? Just how long were we asleep for?" Her hands ran over her body, and her head turned back to the living room, trying to remember where her phone was.

"I don't know, but it was comfortable, and warm" Jongin hummed, a blissful curl to his lips taking place as Minah scampered back to the living room to look for her phone.

"Damn, I wish I had joined in."

"Do you know how worrying you both sound?" Minseok questioned as Jongin giggled with Chanyeol. Minah found her phone, tangled in with her blankets, at that moment and she rolled her eyes at the boys laughing in the kitchen as she checked the time on her phone. It was a little more than after two, closer to three and Minah's eyes widened at how long they had been sleeping.

"Minah, come and tell me what you want for breakfast!" Junmyeon called her back again, and Minah groaned as she pushed herself back onto her feet to drag them into the kitchen, still feeling tired after having slept so late into the day.

"What do you want on your plate?" Junmyeon didn't even have to look back to know that it was Minah approaching him and she paused, question marks dancing around her head before she cast her eyes to the table to see what was on offer.

"Can I have some eggs on toast?" She requested, and Junmyeon looked over his shoulder as he reached for a plate.

"Is that all you want? How many slices and how many eggs?"

"Yeah, just two slices please."

"Butter? A sneaky piece of bacon?" He continued, and Minah fiddled with her fingers.

"Butter please."

"Junmyeon are you being imposing again?"

"I mean, I didn't think I looked too grand just yet, but thanks anyway Minseok" Junmyeon looked down at his attire, and Minah looked away, just now noticing his attire lacked a shirt of any kind.

"Not what I meant"

"It's imposing means, isn't it?" Junmyeon questioned, sprinkling some salt and pepper over Minah's eggs.

"No, it's not-"

"I just googled it, and it is what it means, to be grand and impressive in appearance" Sehun cut Minseok off, and Minseok deflated, huffing so that his cheeks puffed out as he looked back down at his food.

"I'm sure that's not the only meaning for the word" everyone in the kitchen ignored his grumbling. Junmyeon handed Minah her plate, smiling when the young woman turned away from Minseok to blink in surprise.

"Thank you."

"Of course" With a nod of his head, Junmyeon manoeuvred to the table to sit with the others, Minah's eyes followed, swallowing as she looked for where she could sit. The chair next to Sehun scraped against the ground as he pulled it out from under the table with his feet, continuing to eat his food like he wasn't opening the place next to him for Minah to take. Minah rolled her eyes and took the chance to sit down before anyone else would take the seat.

"What do you think we should do?" Minah looked up at the sensation of eyes boring into her, eyes flutteri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter