[24]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

“It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.” - Alfred Lord Tennyson.

"So why did you call us all down here?"

"To assert his dominance," Jongin snorted, and Minseok shot him a glare that told Jongin to shut his mouth.

"No, that's not why I asked you all to come down here" Minseok rolled his eyes, taking a seat on the floor. He crossed his legs and clasped his hands together, looking at everyone sitting in front of him.

"It's because we need to talk about what's going to happen on the night of the full moon" He started, finally telling them all why they were gathered in the one place, making everyone tone down and become serious. Minah shifted, sitting with her legs crossed and her back straight. She hugged one of the couch cushions to her chest and looked around her at all of the serious faces.

"What's going to happen?" She felt like she was the only one who didn't know the answer to her question. Minseok's lips curled gently, showing her that it was alright, but Minah bit down on her lip, still concerned.

"Am I going to have to hear you all howling all night?" She asked in a meek attempt to bring humour out to calm her nerves.

"Yes," Junmyeon nodded as everyone sniggered. Minah hugged the cushion tighter to her chest.

"With Minah here now, we do have to make sure she is safe though," Minseok told the group, and the serious atmosphere was back.

"When the full moon comes out, it changes us until we have little to no humanity left in us. On that night we will just be beasts outside, so no matter what happens, you cannot open any of the doors or windows for us until the sun comes to the take the moon away" Minah swallowed, fingers curling into the cushion.

"No matter what Minah, do you understand?" Junmyeon echoed Minseok's words, and Minah nodded, showing she understood them.

"Okay, so here's what we're going to do to make sure nothing happens" Minseok shifted forward and leaned his upper body on the coffee table with his elbows holding him up.

"We've already made sure the windows and the back door in unbreakable, but I've bought new locks, and I'm going to need help with putting them all on. That way the window won't be forced open either. Yixing is increasing his patrolling right down to the last minute to make sure there won't be any threats, that way we'll all be as safe as possible on the night" Minseok looked around for signs of agreement. Head broke out in nods, and he nodded back satisfied with the cooperation.

"I'll help with the locks" Jongin put his hand up, and Minseok nodded.

"Yeah, I can help too" Sehun volunteered.

"Good"

"On the night of the full moon Minah, I want you to keep all of the curtains and blinds shut, only turn on the lights that you need to and turn them off as soon as your done. There will be no controlling us on the full moon. Hence, it would be best if you made sure you don't do anything that leads us to the house of we get close" Minseok's finger pinpointed everything he needed to tick off his list on the coffee table and his eyes bored into Minah, taking too long to blink.

"I will" She promised and Minseok's head bobbed, hand coming to rub his jaw to make sure he didn't forget anything.

"We will go to the huts before the sun goes down, that is our safest option, we will have to show Baekhyun the way in case we can't go together."

"I'm taking Minah and Baekhyun for a walk in the forest. We were waiting for more of you to be home so that we could go to the huts as a group" Chanyeol spoke up.

"Then we can do that later on" Minseok's hummed, and Chanyeol nodded.

"That's a plan then. I'm trusting you all to do whatever else you need to do to be ready."

------------

The cameras zoomed in just in time to capture a close up shot of the newfound couple's lips connecting in their first kiss. Baekhyun found himself his dry lips, eyes open wide without a blink in sight, fingers curling around the cushion he clutched to his chest, and his toes curling with the confusing rush of emotions he was feeling because of the scene. The couple on screen shared sweet words telling each other how long they had been waiting to confess their love.

"You were the high school curch I never confessed too" The boy chuckled breathily, admitting to an earlier truth he had been teased about in the movie.

A crush.

That was what they called it, and Baekhyun's eyes sparkled.

Is that what Minah is? My crush?

He pondered the thought, all the while biting down on his lip, intently staring at the tv and crushing the couch cushion to his chest.

"Are you blushing?" Sehun's snorts always proved to be disgusting, and this time it startled Baekhyun back to life with the butterflies fluttering within turning into a sickening churn in his stomach.

"Would you shut up Sehun?"

"What? Is Baekhyun blushing?" Yixing pulled himself into a sitting position to look at Baekhyun, breaking out into giggles at the sight of Baekhyun's face that had flushed red.

"No!" Baekhyun snapped, and more eyes turned to him, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol not holding back their mocking laughter.

"Aw, where's Minah? Go give her a kiss" Sehun teased, kicking Baekhyun with his foot, trying to nudge him away in search of Minah.

" off Sehun!" Baekhyun lashed out with a whip of his arm that shot the cushion at Sehun, the laughter continued, and Baekhyun used his hands to cover his cheeks.

"You idiot" Baekhyun grumbled, trying to hide in the depths of the couch.

"Look at you, all in love and stuff" Yixing sniggered, and Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun with his elbow.

"In love? Why?" Baekhyun's eyes blinked, not understanding Yixing, he looked around and frowned, not seeing any of this so called 'love' around him, just the couch and Chanyeol curled up on his right.

"Because we mention Minah's name once and you go red all over again" Kyungsoo chuckled, and Baekhyun frowned, lips turning down in thought.

"But why would that happen when we talk about Minah? Does it always happen?" He pestered, and Sehun blinked at him.

"Don't' you know what love is?" Sehun's face scrunched up, and Baekhyun shook his head.

"How do I love? What sort of activity is it?"

"Pause the movie" Chanyeol sat up, waving his hand around as an extra notion to stop the movie. Kyungsoo paused, and Chanyeol sighed.

"It's time for a serious talk Baekhyun."

"Lucky bastard," Yixing muttered under his breath, "finding love as soon as he joins the real world" Yixing was quickly dismissed by Chanyeol clicking his fingers in Baekhyun's face, bringing his attention back to his face, with his beady eyes narrowed and his brows pinched.

"We need to know if you're feeling are real or not, because if you really love Minah, we've got more explaining to do for you" Chanyeol started, and Sehun dragged a hand down his face.

"Oh, here we go."

"What does your heart do when you think of Minah?"

"It beats?" Baekhyun frowned.

"When you see her?"

"It keeps beating"

"What happens when she smiles."

"Look Chanyeol; my heart keeps beating, I'm not dying anytime soon."

"Shut up" Chanyeol's face dropped, and Baekhyun huffed.

"Better yet, how do you feel when you are with Minah?" Yixing asked Baekhyun, and he looked down at his clasped hands.

"How do I feel?"

------------

"Now is the time!" Startled, Minah and Bakehyun jumped apart, putting a distance between them as Baekhyun shot over the couch and towards the stairs. A tinge of red crept up from his neck to his face, and Minseok smirked knowingly, a lack of guilt for interrupting the time the two were spending wrapped together on the couch under a fluffy blanket. Minah picked up the book Baekhyun had flung away in his terror and shuffled up behind him, blinking up at Minseok with her own flustered features visible.

"For what?" She inquired, and Minseok beamed, eyes glimmering with excitement.

"For our walk through the woods, of course."

"Oh, yay" Baekhyun breathed out, stepping back and bumping shoulders with Minah, sticking to her to share their lack of excitement that was made up for in nerves.

"Put something warm on and get those feet into some shoes; it's time to go!" Minseok declared with a swoop of his arm, much like an enthusiastic pirate and Minah deflated, knowing it was either go by choice or be dragged into the woods by one of them.

"Fine" Her sharp tone showed how much she detested the idea of going into the woods for a walk.

"It's just a stroll in the forest together. I promise we'll all be fine!" Minseok assured her as Minah passed him at the top of the stairs, he put a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder in passing and skipped down the stairs to put his shoes on and wait for everyone.

"Your jumper" Baekhyun pulled Minah's most liked jumper from its hanger with his own slung over his shoulder.

"Thank you Baekhyun" Her lips turned up in a small smile, barely containing the nerves brewing within her. She waited for Baekhyun to also put his jumper on when she finished putting hers on first. Her patience made Baekhyun's face bloom with a smile, without thinking about it, he offered Minah his hand and her eyes grew, looking down at the offer. It was after a moment of awe and surprise that Minah's face grew hotter than the warm hand she was now holding, looking down to hide how flustered she had become. Warmth overtook Baekhyun, he wanted to say something to her but found his breath gone, leaving him unable to form words. Instead, he carefully directed Minah out of the room and took the lead in walking down the hall and down to the front door where their shoes were.

Minah finally looked up, eyes landing on her shoes, feet moving towards them with the feeling of eyes burning into the side of her head. She looked to the source and met eyes with Sehun, who was waiting for her to look at him so that he could give a suggestive dance of his eyebrows and a knowing smirk from his lips. Baekhyun's hand slipped out of grip, and Minah used her now free hand to pull her laces undone to give room to slip back into her sneakers.

"Can it" She warned Sehun under her breath. Sehun chuckled, wiggling his eyebrows and bumping Minah.

"Maybe I won't can it."

"You bloody better, do you need a reminder of what happened last time?" Minah pulled her brow upwards this time, and Sehun let out an ugly snort.

"Oh please," He dismissed the warning, "I was going so easy on you back there" Sehun accused, earing a cackle come from behind him.

"That's not how I remember it going" Jongdae laughed, making Minah's lips quirk into a smile and Sehun's arrogant look drop into a glare.

"How about you can it Jongdae?" Jongdae smirked, only proving that he was silently holding onto Sehun's embarrassing moment with a knowing look in his eyes that he kept pinned on Sehun.

"Okay, so here's the dealio," Minseok's hands came out to talk as the front door was finally clicked shut behind them all.

"We keep the buddy system no matter what, like always and we stay alert. Remember, we're doing this to make Baekhyun and Minah comfortable in one of our most visited places" Everyone nodded at the reminder, toning down the excitement and jokes that had conspired on the way out of the house.

"It's going to get dark," Minseok looked at Minah and Baekhyun with his warning. Minah's breath hitched, that same bad feeling crawled over her and stuck to her skin, never wholly disappearing, even as Baekhyun clasped her hand and squeezed it, looking for his own comfort.

"So if you don't want to do this or it's going to be too much, we can turn around and go back inside now" The option sounded like the best one to both of them. Still, everyone was itching for some time amongst all the nature they had access to. Even Baekhyun was struggling to hold down his inner instincts. Minah looked at Baekhyun, who was already looking at her nervously, wordlessly telling her that it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter