[28]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

"Stay with me" - Unkown.

"Where are you going?" Baekhyun immediately sulked when contact was lost between Minah and himself, big eyes looking up at her sadly as she stood up, fixing the hoodie she had slipped into, getting shy when Baekhyun pointed out she hadn't changed from the shirt she had planned to wear to bed.

"I'm going to make dinner, you're all hungry, and the others will probably wake up soon feeling the same way."

"But we haven't had our talk yet!" He reached out to Minah, who turned back to him with wide eyes.

"Yeah, we need to talk about what just happened to us" Minseok agreed, getting up to stretch his back. Minah looked to him, gasped and shot a hand out that waved in panic.

"Don't-"

"Ah!" Minseok curled back down until he fell on the couch.

"Moron" Yixing scoffed, and Minseok's leg uncurled to kick him, making Yixing suddenly look identical to him as they curled and grumbled in pain together.

"I'm going to go and get something ready for us" Minah shook Baekhyun's hands away with one last look before she was retreating to the kitchen. When she was alone in the kitchen, with no one to see her, Minah slumped against the kitchen bench. Right by the fridge, her whole body went limp. She swayed on her feet as a breath that almost the life out of her escaped her body. Coming down the stairs to find that everyone was home, and alive for that matter, had her feeling overwhelmed again. She thought about the previous night and the long day just past again and winced, gaining the feeling of wanting to hold everyone in this house in her arms and never let them go outside into the dangerous world again.

"Don't be ridiculous," She scolded her mind under her breath.

"Everything's fine."

"Was something supposed to be wrong?" With a startle, Minah her feet, facing Kyungsoo with big eyes and a mouth that hung open.

"Oh! No, nothing's wrong" Mouth curving into an assuring smile, Minah brushed away the startle she had received. Kyungsoo hummed in response, he looked at Minah carefully but didn't ask any further questions, nor did he make any comments about her behaviour. He followed her to the freezer, and they both peered inside, looking for something that could be cooked and devoured by all the hungry people in the house.

"What are you doing? Go and rest!" Realising Kyungsoo was leaning over her shoulder, Minah's eyes expanded again, her head shooting to look at him with bewilderment.

"What for?" Kyungsoo shot back, leaving Mianh gobsmacked for three whole seconds with her eyes struggling to blink.

"Um, because you've been outside all day on the move? Why else would I say it?" Loud with exasperation, Minah and Kyungsoo continued to exclaim their points back and forth.

"I thought we were eating?" Minseok rubbed his stomach under the cover of his sweater, tired eyes puffy with sleep, body wishing he was still sleeping.

"I'm trying to find something to cook!" Sharp eyes and bold tone, the young woman's head turned back to the sleepy alpha. Like a squirrel caught making trouble, Minseok stopped in his place, frozen while his mind ticked over, taking longer to catch up and recover from the shock of Minah's actions.

"Hey, he's older than you" Kyungsoo nudged Minah remindingly.

"He's also in here asking the obvious" She shot back, throwing herself back into the freezer to find food.

"Oh," Minseok muttered, no response forming in his mind. Kyungsoo ducked under Minah's arm and reached for a pack of steaks that caught his eyes.

"What are you doing under there? I told you to go away."

"I don't think you got enough rest" Minseok sighed at Minah's snappish attitude.

"Keep going, and you're going to hurt yourself," She warned Kyungsoo as he shuffled out from under her arm, ignoring Minseok as Kyungsoo scurried away to defrost the steaks.

"You listening to me, Kyungsoo? You're wearing yourself down."

"You're wearing yourself down" Mocked Kyungsoo, bringing Minah to a slow halt. Her mind struggled to comprehend the fact that Kyungsoo did indeed, mimic her as she had heard. Heavily, her eyes blinked and her face contorted, her entire being coming together for one moment to gather an understanding of what was facing her.

"Did you just copy me?" Her head turned back to Kyungsoo, and Minseok heaved out a heavy sigh, realising he wasn't going to be acknowledged soon with the way Minah and Kyungsoo were behaving.

"Did you just copy me?" Echoed Kyungsoo, the sparkle in his eyes knowing, showing he knew exactly what he was doing. Minseok moved to the kitchen table, carefully pulling out a chair for himself and sitting down. His chin rested on his hand, held up by his elbow on the table, and his eyes went back to the pair in the kitchen.

"Don't do that" Minah warned, holding onto her last strand of patience.

"Don't do that" Jutting his lips out to manipulate his voice, Kyungsoo continued with provoking Minah.

"Stop it!"

"Stop it!"

"I'm warning you Kyungsoo cut it out" Eyes narrowing, fingers curling into fists, Minah glared Kyungsoo down.

"I'm warning you, Kyungsoo-" Kyungsoo clenched his hands into fists and puffed his chest to act tough. "-cut it out."

"Ah!"

"Ah!" Like a koala to a tree, Mianh jumped at Kyungsoo, latching on and not letting go. Her feet hit the ground again, and Kyungsoo's hands shot up to try and protect his head, clawing at Minah's hands to get her fingers detangled from the collar of his jumper.

"You need. To get. Your rest!" With tensed arms, Minah looked over her shoulder, using Kyungsoo’s collar to pull him towards the kitchen doorway.

"Why are you such a savage animal?!" Wailed Kyungsoo, swooping his arms and hoping one of his hands would land on Minah's face.

"I've had a night of minimal sleep and one day's training in the medical field!"

"What does that have to do with anything?" Viciously, Kyungsoo was yanked out of the kitchen and swung towards the couches as if he didn't' weigh anything to Minah. The only signs that it took effort for her to do was the enormous grunt of might that ripped from and recaptured the attention of the living rooms attendants.

"Glad to see Minah's showing character," Commented Chanyeol, curling his legs up onto the couch with his eyes not leaving his phone.

"So things are going back to normal then?" Minseok followed Minah back into the kitchen with his eyes. Her feet stamped against the tiles, echoing slaps through the walls as her hands swang in angry fists at her side. Minah chose only to give Minseok a look, but it still brought a smile to his face to be able to see Minah come out of her shell enough to act out against himself and the others in the house.

"Now, where was I?"

------------

"Please, somebody tell me that my nose isn't lying to me and I can smell meat cooking in the kitchen" With his eyes closed, Jongin shuffled into the kitchen with careful steps and hands out in front of him, guiding him to the food that was being prepared.

"Well, it didn't take long for the smell to make it's way to you" Minah commented from over the grill, carefully watching all the meat with a pair of tongs in one hand and scissors in the other.

"Good morning sunshine" Minseok greeted, still in his place at the table. Jongin snapped his eyes open to look into the kitchen, filled with delight at the sight of all the meat being prepared by Minah. Minseok gained no response from Joingin who could only focus on the growth plates of meat with sides that gathered in little bowls on the bench.

"Please be meat, please be meat, please be meat" The youngest followed soon after with his eyes closed and hands clasped in prayer, face towards as he let his senses guide him through the house and into the kitchen.

"You're doing all of this for us?" Jongin followed the plate in Minah's hands as she shuffled past him, unable to help when he his lips at the sight.

"I figured you would all be hungry after last night" Confirmed Minah, setting the meat to rest on the bench.

"Can you go and tell the others that I'm nearly done with the food?" Her head flicked back to Jongin, who nodded, only just hearing her through the daze the cooked meat put him in.

"Meat!" Exclaimed Sehun in utter delight and a bit of relief. Jongin and Minah snapped their heads to look at him, Minah quickly reaching out and stopping his face from planting into one of the plates.

"You disgusting animal, that isn't just for you!" With the scolding, Sehun backed away, Jongin moved past him and disappeared from the kitchen. His movements didn't take Minah's attention, eyes still glued to Sehun, glaring as he tried to think of another way to get his hands on some of the meat before anyone else could.

"No" Minah shut down the ideas that hadn't even been formed into words yet, Sehun eyes flickered to her but quickly landed back on the meat.

"Minseok is watching you" Reminded Minah, hands reaching out for two of the plates that she moved to take to the kitchen table.

"That I am" Minseok confirmed from his place, nodding his head that was still held up by his hand, leaning his weight onto his elbow on the table. Sehun swallowed, his eyes going to Minseok, who's brow pulled up, face curious to see if Sehun would try anything.

"Jongin said it's ready?" Baekhyun came hobbling through the doorway then, unable to hold any weight on his ankle. Minah looked at him, gasped at the sight of Baekhyun and quickly slid the plates onto the table, prancing towards Baekhyun in a flurry.

"What are you doing?" Desperately, Minah worked quickly to take Baekhyun's arm and throw it over her shoulders, a tight arm on Baekhyun's waist urging the male to put more of his weight on her.

"I tried to walk him in, but he said that you would be there to catch him when he falls" Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter