[9]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER NINE

"Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step; only he who keeps his eye fixed on the far horizon will find the right road" - Dag Hammarskjold.

"Um, hello?" Minah stood in front of her open front door after contemplating opening it for several seconds.

"Hi" Chanyeol waved enthusiastically in response and Minah's face continued to frown in confusion.

"What are you doing here?" She asked the small group gathered at the door, consisting of Chanyeol, Sehun, Kyungsoo and Minseok.

"We've come to see our friend" Minah looked at Sehun as he rolled his eyes defensively.

"He's worried about you" Chanyeol dobbed on Sehun without hesitation and Sehun glared, raising his fist to threaten Chanyeol.

"Oh"

"Oh my god let me in" Sehun gave a 'shoo' motion with his hands, making Minah step back as he welcomed himself into her home.

"We're here too" Kyungsoo reminded Sehun, rolling his eyes before he turned to Minah with a smile.

"Can we come in?" He asked and Minah looked down the hall at Baekhyun snapping to the self welcomed Sehun, turning back to the others and nodding. Minah shut the door and swallowed as they all took their shoes off before walking further into her house.

"There's no one who can follow you here?" Kyungsoo turned to ask Minah and both herself and Chanyeol in a sharp breath with Chanyeol holding his arms in front of his face like he was preparing to block a hit.

"There's technically no one left that would want to follow me around" Minah shugged her shoulders and Kyungsoo breathed out.

"So you're safe here" He nodded to himself.

"Excuse me? Why are we being followed?" Minseok cut in as they entered the living room where Baekhyun had Sehun's hair in his hands and Sehun's fists were hitting into Baekhyun's stomach.

"You can't tell me what to do!" Sehun growled and Baekhyun's chest rumbled, pulling Sehun in circles with his mop of hair that he clung to.

"Get out of our home!" Baekhyun snarled as they collapsed on the couch.

"Is he serious?" Chanyeol asked unsurely and Minah swallowed.

"Baekhyun?" She called out unsurely, nervously swallowing again as she rubbed her hands together and stepped back. Baekhyun looked at Minah and his eyes went wide. He quickly jumped away from Sehun and his lips, rubbing his hands over his legs as he tried to sit on the couch casually.

"Is that all it takes to stop him?" Sehun scoffed and Baekhyun snapped his head to look at him with a snarl escaping him.

"Sehun," Minseok warned as he made himself comfortable on the floor of the living room. Baekhyun blinked at Minah and gave the spot next to him a pat, gesturing for her to approach him.

"I know things didn't go down well last time, but I just want to ask you some questions, both of you, without Junmyeon butting in with his big head" Minseok started as Minah contemplatingly looked at the spot next to Baekhyun, that he was still persistently gesturing for her to sit in. Minah shook her head and moved to sit down, taking the seat and making Baekhyun happy when she was at his side.

"He won't be interrogating you this time" Sehun stated, narrowing his eyes at Minseok, who had jumped at the opportunity to be able to see the two so he could ask them his questions.

"Yeah, thanks Sehun" Minseok rolled his eyes and turned to smile at Minah and Baekhyun.

"Hair looks different" But Baekhyun hadn't been listening, and after staring at Kyungsoo, he couldn't hold in his thoughts anymore. Automatically Minah looked to where Baekhyun's finger was pointing and the others did the same.

"Oh, do you like it? Minah cut it for me" Kyungsoo brushed his hair back from his face and Minah smiled, looking down.

"Minah did?"

"Yeah, Minah cuts hair" Kyungsoo nodded. Baekhyun looked at Minah, mouth staying open, gaping before he was able to say anything.

"Minah, you did?" He gasped and Minah turned to him, nodding as her cheeks flushed pink with the attention she was getting.

"Wow she did good, I didn't think it was possible but you're not as ugly now" Chanyeol came through with an insult and Minah gasped as Kyungsoo leapt across the floor to grab Chanyeol in a headlock.

"Ow, I'm sorry! I forget sometimes that you don't like me stating facts!" Coughing his lungs out, Chanyeol slapped his hand against Kyungsoo's arm and Kyungsoo squeezed harder, making Minah's eyes widen as Sehun and Minseok laughed and Baekhyun put his hand on her knee, pulling her attention back to him.

"You cut his hair?" He questioned her again and Minah hummed.

"Yeah, he came into work for an appointment" She explained to Baekhyun as his undying curiosity distracted her from the mess on the floor that was Kyungsoo and Chanyeol arguing with each other through a headlock.

"Work" Baekhyun looked down, brows furrowing and lips pursing. Minah became confused by Baekhyun's complexed expression and opened to ask him about it.

"Are you two done now?" Thinking she was in trouble, Minah sat up straight with an internal scolding for letting herself relax and turned back to Minseok, who wasn't in fact looking at her and Baekhyun like Minah thought he was. Chanyeol was panting, trying to get his breath back with Kyungsoo slumped next to him, lugging an arm at his stomach so painfully that Chanyeol wheezed and curled up into a ball as Minseok watched them.

"Yeah, don't mind me" He groaned and Minseok shrugged, doing as Chanyeol said and turning away from him to face Minah and Baekhyun again.

"I was initially just going to ask you how you know about Baekhyun and the species that we are," Minseok cleared his throat, "but I have a few more questions now" He explained. Baekhyun looked up as Minah swallowed and shrugged his shoulders, arm reaching out over her lap, almost hiding her from view when he answered Minseok's question.

"Because I showed her" He simply answered and the answer puzzled Minseok.

"But why did you show her? We never show humans what we are" His eyes flickered to Minah then back to Baekhyun.

"Minah," Baekhyun pondered on his words, needing to know what to say when he glanced at the young woman beside him, "Minah needed to know who she looking after" He nodded, satisfied with his words.

"But does she know who she's looking after?" Minseok put his eyes back on Minah and she in a breath. Minah swallowed, batting her eyes and nodding her head as she came to her senses enough to answer.

"I'm looking after Baekhyun"

"That's not what I meant" Minseok muttered and hearing him, Baekhyun huffed through his nose, telling him that both of them were resolute in their words.

------------

"Good morning" Jihyo put on a smile at the sight of Minah when she opened the front door.

"Hi," Minah greeted in her smaller voice and she stepped aside with an equally small gesture from her hand.

"Come in"

"Thank you Minah, is your family home too?" Jihyo asked conversationally and Minah's head bobbed as she shut the door and took the first step down the hall towards the kitchen.

"My mum's home today" She answered and Jihyo hummed in thought.

"I'm sure she would probably like to sit with us then"

"Maybe" Minah's head bobbed again as they entered the kitchen. Mrs Kim was humming to herself as she prepared four glasses of orange juice on a tray, looking up with a bright smile when Minah entered the kitchen with Jihyo.

"Jihyo it's so good to be able to meet you officially" Mrs Kim spoke in her forever delightful tone. Jihyo's bow was one of true modesty, a smile pulling at her cheeks knowing that someone was happy to have her company.

"Thank you for letting me visit your home Mrs Kim, it's lovely" She complimented as Mrs Kim brought over the tray of drinks to the table. Minah pulled out a chair for Jihyo before her mother could ask her to do so and Mrs Kim gestured to the open seat.

"Sit down, we really do appreciate having you here" Jihyo pulled out some folders from the bag that she was carrying them in and sat them on the table as a glass of orange juice was put in front of her.

"Thank you" Jihyo bowed her head as she opened the first folder and put the others aside while Minah and her mother sat down. Minah sat next to Jihyo with Mrs Kim sitting across from her and that was when Baekhyun made his appearance in the kitchen, nose in the air, sniffing out a scent.

"Orange juice" His voice muttered lowly and his eyes went down, finding their target and pinning on the glasses containing the drink he was growing an attachment to.

"Here" Mrs Kim slid a glass across the table and Baekhyun approached with a smile that didn't falter, even as he eyed Jihyo sitting next to Minah in his usual seat at the table.

"Hello Baekhyun, if you would like to join us again, you're more than welcome" Jihyo greeted and Baekhyun nodded, sitting down at the table next to Mrs Kim.

"Thank you, for the drink" He turned to the mother and Mrs Kim smiled, running a hand over his hair.

"You're welcome"

"I brought some information on lawyers that I'm acquainted with and I thought we could go over that first. It's important for us to have the right lawyer on your side, especially once it comes to the time of our court dates" Minah nodded and looked closer at the pages Jihyo was showing her.

"Here is the list I prepared, it has all of their information there, we can contact them once you've made a decision"

"Have court dates been decided?" Baekhyun questioned with the glass of orange in front of his lips and Jihyo nodded.

"Yes they have, so we need to continue with providing evidence and giving statements from anyone who may have witnessed anything"

"Witnesses? But there's no one who could testify that is there? Everything that Damon did was done in private, so who would have seen anything?" Mrs Kim frowned as frustration started to crawl up her spine.

"Me, I witnessed Damon's meanness" Baekhyun answered and Jihyo looked at Baekhyun.

"When did you start to get better at speaking?" She questioned, eyes narrowing on Baekhyun and his need to speak, eyes carefully dartin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter