[12]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWELVE

“Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do” – Benjamin Spock.

"Where are we going?" Minah tied her laces, eyes looking to Baekhyun who concentrated to do the same with nimble fingers that moved quicker than Minah's. He was excited and Minah swallowed down her nerves, trying to feel the same thing as Baekhyun about going out for the afternoon.

"Anywhere, or everywhere" Baekhyun shrugged and stood up. Minah tightened her laces and looked down at her shoes, taking a breath in as she picked up her phone, breathing back out as she stood up.

"If that's what you want" Minah nodded and Baekhyun's warm smile grew as the front door opened with his hand on the handle. Sunlight leaked in and kissed their skin as a greeting.

"Have fun and be safe you two!" Mrs Kim was standing in the doorway to the kitchen when Minah and Baekhyun looked back. They waved and Baekhyun looped his arm through Minah's, pulling her out of the house.

"This is going to be fun" Baekhyun made sure to sound promising and certain as Minah shut the front door with a hum.

"Lead the way sir" She instructed him.

"Gladly I will do so" They set off and settled into a gentle pace where they walked side by side with Baekhyun hugging Minah's arm looped through his close to his side, lips unable to settle into anything less than an excited smile as his eyes shone.

"Where to first?" Minah asked conversationally. Constantly her head turned left and right, eyes shifting to look across the road, in front of her and over her shoulder. She looked up at the sky as Baekhyun answered her confidently.

"The bus stop"

"Right" Minah snorted, shaking her head and looking down at her feet. When they got closer, Baekhyun pulled Minah up to the bus stop so that he could look at the timetable, pondering over it with a hum.

"So?" Minah asked and Baekhyun glanced at her before putting his eyes back onto the bus route.

"Well this one-" Baekhyun checked the watch on Minah's wrist. "-will be here in eight minutes, so that one?" He turned to Minah for permission and Minah shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm happy with that"

"Yes," Baekhyun bounced over to the seats and pulled Minah down with him. His legs bounced while they waited and Minah watched him, from the way his legs pounced happily and his smile kept the excitement pulsing through him to light up his eyes with the sun over their heads. He looked stunning, filled with freedom and lacking worry, he held a beauty that Minah almost envied, knowing that she didn't have the ease of mind that Baekhyun did. She looked away, watching car after car pass. Unconsciously, she squeezed Baekhyun's arm and he looked at her, taking his turn to watch her.

How does one glow like that?

------------

"In here?" Minah questioned, confused as to whether or not Baekhyun understood what place they were standing in front of.

"Yeah, why not?" Baekhyun shrugged, looking to Minah with bright eyes.

"Do you know what goes on in here?" Minah checked with Baekhyun and he shrugged his shoulders easily.

"I've spent enough time on google" Baekhyun was sure of himself when he pulled Minah inside, only to stop as he became awed by where they were.

“Woah” He breathed out, marvelled by the place that didn’t spark much of the same reaction from Minah.

"Well? You wanted to come here so let's go play" Minah tugged Baekhyun's hand to get him to move.

"Can we get food first?" He asked as soon as Minah looked back at him to see why she couldn’t move.

"We just ate before coming here" Minah pointed out with a frown.

"So? Can we get food first?" Baekhyun repeated his question and the girl attached to him by the hand huffed.

"Fine" Minah rolled her eyes and Baekhyun gave a small hoot of excitement.

"Do you even know what to do when you're at a PC room?" Minah looked at Baekhyun out of curiosity with a frown and Baekhyun hummed.

"Play games" Baekhyun's head bobbed.

"Ok" Minah picked up a bag of chips and looked to the hot food.

"Orange juice" Baekhyun mumbled in thought, looking for the drinks and Minah followed him, forgetting about the hot food.

------------

"Are you sure about this?" Minah thought their day out would be over once Baekhyun had fulfilled his satisfaction at the PC room.

"Yeah, it will be fun! I'll be with you all the time" Baekhyun perkily promised with a familiar line and Minah continued to hesitate.

"I know, it's just that it's starting to get late" Minah in a breath and bit down on her bottom lip.

"We'll be home before dark time!" Baekhyun assured her, reaching out and taking her hand to further reassure her.

"If you say so" Minah caved hesitantly and Baekhyun grinned.

"Yay! Let's go" He started down the street with Minah sticking close to his side. His nose was up, breathing in and taking in all the different scents, squeezing Minah's hand as she tried to control her nerves. Baekhyun took in the sight of the shops and the people around them, all while hugging Minah's arm into his side so that he wouldn't lose her along the way.

"What shops do you like?" He asked conversationally and Minah looked to him with widened eyes, not expecting the question.

"What shops do I like?" Minah repeated the question and Baekhyun nodded.

"I don't have favourites," Minah shrugged her shoulders, "I don't spend much time going out shopping for anything" She admitted.

"Hm, let's look in this one!" Baekhyun rushed towards a clothing store and Minah squeaked with no choice but to follow him, not that she would have liked being separated, just the pull of Baekhyun rushing ahead had her gripping onto him tighter so that she wouldn't lose her hold of him.

Music met their ears, it was a trending song that Minah could remember hearing. Baekhyun hummed in approval of the store and made his way to the first rack of clothing, ignoring that it was female clothing as he looked through shirt after shirt. Minah looked around, the store was brightly lit and had a small set of four stairs that took you up to a second level with more clothing, mostly men's from what she could see from her place next to Baekhyun.

"Minah," Baekhyun caught her attention and Minah looked at him, blinking at the shirt he was holding up.

"What do you think of this?" He held the shirt up closer to her and Minah took a moment to bite down on her lip. The shirt was white with a rainbow held by clouds at either side, not something she would choose as a design, it was also a crop top, something Minah would never wear.

"It's nice I guess" She shrugged, looking to Baekhyun.

"You should have it," He told her, holding the shirt to her and Minah shook her head, pushing the shirt back to the clothing rack.

"That's not something I would wear Baekhyun" She explained and Baekhyun insisted.

"It would look nice on you"

"It's really not something I will wear Baekhyun" Minah shook her head and Baekhyun huffed, putting it back and pulling out the same thing in black instead of white.

"What about this one?" He tried and Minah sighed.

"Baekhyun-"

"I like it, you could do with some happiness in your wardrobe" Minah jumped and turned with a big sharp breath in, her eyes were wide and it was only when they landed on Sehun (who Baekhyun was giving a flat expression) that she realised who had snuck on them.

"I thought I could smell trash" Baekhyun muttered to himself, glaring down at the crop top he was trying to pick out for Minah.

"I thought so too" Sehun answered him and Minah looked between them with no idea of what Baekhyun had said.

"What are you doing here?" Minah looked up at Sehun and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Junmyeon needed new shoes since he busted his old pair of sneakers so we're just looking around, then I thought I smelt someone familiar" Sehun smiled and Minah scrunched up her face in discomfort.

"Ok firstly, that's just weird, secondly, don't go saying that in public, people are going to realise that you're a freak of some sort" Baekhyun scoffed, smirking by the time that Sehun shot him a look.

"Ok, rude Minah" Sehun frowned.

"So what size do you need?" Sehun moved on quickly and started looking through the shirts.

"I'm not getting the shirt"

"All you wear is plain black Minah, adventure a little"

"I-"

"We're changing your look up just a little, you don't need to argue about it" Minah looked down at the black hoodie she was wearing with her black jeans, this was all she had, all she knew for a while now. Any other clothing was dedicated to special occasions, going out with Damon's parents or friends or visiting home, there was no reason for her to have other clothes when she had the ones she was in and more like it at home.

"Mama showed me pictures and you used to wear bright clothes all the time! It'll be fun" Baekhyun promised, holding another shirt up in front of Minah and she swallo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter