[19]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER NINETEEN

"Run boy run! They're trying to catch you" - Woodkid, Run Boy Run.

"Minah!" With her name out in the open, she a breath in, head lowering to cover her face, even as she turned around, wanting to follow the familiar voice.

"Work is finished?" With a smile tugging at his lips, Baekhyun took several steps towards Minah and she looked up, making her shoulders release from their tense state as her head raised properly.

"It has, what are you doing here?" She nodded, looking Baekhyun up and down, pondering over his presence despite internally dancing at the sight of him and then internally scolding herself when she realised what was happening in her head.

"Madam, allow me to be the one to you home this evening," Baekhyun turned side on and offered a perfectly bent arm to Minah, making her giggle as she eased intot he afety of Baekhyun's presence.

"Where did you learn that?" She questioned him once her arm was looped through his, keeping them side by side as they began the walk to the bus stop together.

"I told you, it's in those shows on the TV" He reminded her of another big source of Baekhyun's knowledge, the world that was television.

"Right, the tv shows" She nodded. With their shoes tapping against the sidewalk, Baekhyun allowed Minah to take solice in a quiet walk with them, eyes moving from their path to look at her, quietly admiring her in her little day dream that came witha sigh and her head resting on his shoulder. They stopped at the bus stop, waiting for the next bus to arrive and bring them closer to home. Minah sigheda big breath out, fatigue crawling to catch up with her now that she had stopped to sit down with the end of her day feeling to far away for her body to handle.

"How was the day for you?" Baekhyun looked down at Minah, watching her eyes blink heaviily, mouth pulling lazily to answer his question in the way he had expected her to.

"Tiring" Minah used the one word to sum up her day.

"Sounds exhausting" Baekhyun chuckled and Minah hummed, head nodding in confirmation.

"It was"

"Well we will be home soon, and then you can rest" His fingers ran over Minah's scalp, combing through her hair so that a deep breath rolled out Minah's nose and her eyes grew heavier.

"The bus is here, let's go" When the bus arrived, Baekhyun ever so softly guided Minah to her feet to lead her onto the bus, not taking his eyes off her or relazing until they were both safely sat down with the bus moving back into the traffic once again.

"We'll be home soon"

------------

"Those boys are spending a lot of time inviting you over" Mrs Kim commented, bringing a pause to the guidance Minah was quietly giving Baekhyun, taking them out of their bubble and reminding them that they had company in the house.

"Oh," Minah blinked her eyes, "Yeah" Her head bobbed, eyes turning to look down at the phone by her side to see if there were any missed calls or texts from the people her mother was talking about, something that was becoming more of a regular occurance for her. There was nothing this time, making a feeling of oddness for Minah as Baekhyun looked at the phone too.

"It's like you could end up living with them, almost" Mrs Kim continued and Minah in a breath, Baekhyun quickly snapping his head to look at her with the mention of a topic that made her act out awkwardly.

"You're spending that much time together" Mrs Kim muttered under her breath, picking up the book that she had been looking for. She left the living room and Minah continued to stare at where her mother had just been standing. Baekhyun waited, watching for when Minah would come back to life and look at him. When Minah did look at him, he smiled gently, not adding on any of his own comments. Minah gave a small smile back.

"Shall we keep going?" She questioned and Baekhyun nodded, eager to keep learning. Minah's phone went off and they both looked to it, lips tugging downwards into a frown at the disturbance. Minah grunted at the name lighting up her phone, not wanting to answer and Baekhyun agreed with the grunt, hating how there always seemed to be a way for the same pest to interrupt his time and plans with Minah.

"What do you want?"

"Well that's not Minah's voice" Sehun scoffed, not showing much surprise towards his observation.

"No it's not"

"What's Minah doing?"

"Minah's currently helping me with ways I can style my hair" Baekhyun explained and Sehun made a similar sound to the firstone he had made.

"That's not the only thing you need help with" He noted and Baekhyun's brows tried to touch.

"What do you want Sehun?"

"Yeah, what does he have to say that could have been said in the text messages we were sending each other?" Minah finally having something to say made Baekhyun jump to put the phone on speaker, holding it between as their ears ached at the sound of Sehun's voice.

"I just knew you needed a beautiful meolday to bless those ear drums and make your day better, and now Baekhyun has the gift of hearing my words, my beautiful tone to bless his day"

"It's more like a curse"

"Amen to that" Baekhyun grumbled and Sehun pretended that he hadn't been insulted by either of them.

"Does Baekhyun know when the next full moon is?" Sehun adressed Minah and her brows pulled together at the simple question he could have directly asked Baekhhyun.

"Because you don't?" Baekhyun shot at him, a smirk of smugness on his face.

"Of course I do!" Sehun snapped at him and Minah rolled her eyes.

"Why?" She interesected the oncoming arguement before it could really brew into something more. The sound that Sehun made from the other side of the call disgusted Minah and made Baekhyun's face contort into a cringe.

"Oh so you don't know?" Sehun turned the lack of knowledge onto Minah and she glared at her phone, wanting to slap through it and land a hit on Sehun. 

"What would I need to know for?" Minah hissed at the phone.

"No no no, that's no way to talk to a member of your future pack" Sehun tutted, telling Minah off as she grumbed more innsults at him.

"The full moon is an important time for us," Baekhyun voiced, Minah blinked, looking up from the phone to Baekhyun.

"It means Baekhyun will to come to us for a little bit, by himself" With the news broken to her Minah paused with an open mouth, staring at Baekhyun without batting an eye. Baekhyun held her gaze, hand tenderly reaching out to rest on her leg without breaking the silence that enveloped them. Minah didn't know how to feel. What would she do without Baekhyun? She was depending on him so much, what would she do with herself knowing that he wouldn't be there when she looked for him, even if it wasn't permenant?

"Ow!" Sehun exclaimed through the phone and the two listening flinched, Baekhyun widened his eyes before his lips pulled into a smile, confusing Minah as the other end of the call became illegible to her.

"Minseok said that we can work something out" Sehun muttered, quickly following witht he fact that he would talk to them soon before the call was ended with Minah and Baekhyun staring at each other.

------------

"My boy lollipop, you make my heart go giddy up~" 

"What are you singing?" Finally unable to take anymore, Minah dropped the cup she was cleaning bakc into the soapy water and looked to Baekhyun in exhasperation.

"My boy lollipop, you don't know the song?" Baekhyun continued to hum to the song stuck in his head as he dried the dishes.

"No, I don't know the song" Minah muttered, hand digging through the bubbles and water for the cup she previously had.

"I'm starting to think that I was born in the wrong time, you know? I just can't get the song out of my head, there's something that's trying to be said to me here" Baekhyun told her, bringing minah to snort through her nose.

"Yeah, that you like the song to the point that it's annoying" She shook her head and Baekhyun looked to Minah with the same eyes that he would regard a stranger with.

"You know, I'm starting to think that you don't really get me as a person" His monotone voice was met with a chuckle from Minah.

"I know absolutely nothing about you, who are you again?" She agreed with Baekhyun teasingly, not looking away from the dishes that she was cleaning.

"Ok, now I was just trying to share my thoughts with you there's no need to go and get mean about it" Baekhyun retorted and Minah couldn't stop herself from laughing, clearing and looking at baekhyun once she was done laughing.

"When was I ever mean to you?"

"Like all the time" Baekhyun shot back, looking at Minah as if that should have been obvious to her.

"I am not"! Minah gasped seriously at the accusation.

"Don't try and lie! Minah!" Baekhyun tried to keep the arugement going but quickly became the shocked one when Minah splashed the bubbly water at him, leaving him stunned with an agape mouth that she laughed at. As she cackled, head falling back and hand pointing at how silly he was looking, Baekhyun's lips formed a gentle smile with his eyes watching her softtly, basking in the feeling that came with watching her indulge in the feeling of joy and warmth after a long and tiring day at work.

------------

"You think so?"

"Baekhyun no offense, but you're making it seem as though I couldn't live without you for a couple of days" Minah gave Baekhyun a pointed look.

"So you're saying that you're going to be ok while I'm gone?" He queeried and Minah rolled her eyes at his doubts, similar to the ones that had already crossed her mind, not that she wanted him to know that.

"Yes I am" She nodded and suddenly Baekhyun's eyes became competitive, confusing Minah with the look he was giving her.

"So what you're saying is that if I were to disappear and never come back-"

"Don't you go there" Minah pointed a finger in Baekhyun's face, immediately putting a stop to what he was trying to start. Baekhyun's challenging eyes gleamed and Minah's rolled, turning away from Baekhyun.

"Look at you-" 

"Baekhyun!" Minah warned, turning around to shoot Baekhyun a sharp look, he laughed, putting his hands on Minah's shoulders to calm her down.

"Alright, I'll stop" He assured her and Minah huffed, shoulders sagging as her bottom lip jutted out without Minah realising. Baekhyun poked the pouting lip, making Minah jump as he squinted his eyes with a smile.

"Don't wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter