[21]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

“I thought at the time that I couldn't be horrified anymore, or wounded. I suppose that's a common conceit, that you've already been so damaged that damage itself, in its totality, makes you safe.” -  Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin.

"What do you think is going to happen?" Baekhyun's warm breath fanned over Minah's face, and her eyes fluttered at the sensation it brought.

"I don't know Baekhyun," She told him honestly. Her shoulders shrugged, and she breathed out, eyes giving long blinks in a way that had her eyelashes feathering over the pillow under her head as she lay facing Baekhyun.

"What do you want to happen?" He asked her.

"I want for them to be found, so that that he can't come near and ruin my life again, so that none of them can put my family in danger" Minah nuzzled her nose against the pillow, arms wrapping around it so that it was pulled to her chest in a tight hug.

"I want you to know that I'm not going to let any of that happen," Baekhyun moved closer, lifting a hand to carefully put his arm around Minah, as though he was nervous of the reaction it would evoke from her. Her breath hitched, he heard it so clearly. But then she made the move to share his pillow with him, and Baekhyun swallowed, unsure what it was about Minah and her actions that had his heart thrumming against his chest.

"I won't let it happen, I won't let them anywhere near you or your parents," He whispered into the otherwise quiet night, almost pressing the words against Minah's parted lips that froze in awe of the person before her.

"I," She fumbled with her words in a way that immediately warmed her cheeks, "I-" She struggled, and it brought a charming chuckle out of Baekhyun who dared to allow their noses to touch.

"Maybe we don't need words right now" With a curve to his lips, Baekhyun watched Minah's eyes flutter with the tremble in her breath that danced over his lips and down his cheeks in warm waves, only reminding him of how close he was to her. He pressed his forehead to hers, arm pulling her into his chest so much so that it was almost like she wasn’t hugging a pillow to her chest and stopping them from being chest to chest completely.

Whatever it was that was between them, Baekhyun found himself liking it, the want for something more creeping it's way to the forefront of his mind.

He knew he had to figure out what it was he wanted.

------------

"Do you think this is normal for them? Lik would this be an everyday thing for them to do?" With his dream slipping away, words from the real world brought Baekhyun out of his sleep one breath at a time.

"I mean, I guess so? They were like this in the morning the last time they stayed over" Baekhyun’s freshly awakened mind could sense who was in the room with him before he was able to recognise the voices.

"Do you have to talk so loudly? You're going to wake them up" With a sharp whisper, a reminder of where they were was given. Jongin gave Yixing a look, and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. The talking just confirmed it was who Baekhyun thought it was hovering over the bed.

"Well good, because that's what we're here to do, Yixing."

"Careful, you're making him stir!" Yixing pointed to the arm Baekhyun had draped over Minah visibly tightening noticeably. His head raised and with bleary eyes and messy hair, he squinted at his audience as Minah stretched her arms with a yawn.

"Look, now you've done it" Kyungsoo retorted, sending his eyes for another roll.

"Why are you watching us sleep?" Baekhyun husked, and Minah yelped, not having realised that there was company in the room with them.

"Good morning sweethearts, we've come to awake you" Jongin smirked knowingly down at them, and Minah curled up into a ball under the blankets, hiding her face from view.

"Oh, is she shy?" Yixing asked uncaringly, giving a sweetly fake smile to them, even though Minah couldn't see him. Baekhyun huffed, rolling over Minah and glaring up at them.

"Stop teasing her so much," He warned them, earning snorts and laughs in response.

"Minah," Jongin crawled hands first onto the bed and towards the two bundled together.

"Come on Minah," He didn't get under the blanket, but he pushed his head into Minah as if he were a bulldozer and she made a noise as she pushed back against him.

"It's wakey wakey time, the sun is shining, and the birds are chirping their tunes so get out of bed and face the day" Jongin made no sense with his attempt to give her a poem, and Minah grumbled, the words illegible to them all. A puff of blankets aimed towards Jongin with Minah's attempt to slap him and he laughed, Baekhyun rolled off of her with a chuckle.

"We haven't woken Sehun up yet. We were leaving that for you to do" Kyungsoo charmed Minah to get her out from under the blankets. His words pulled at Minah's interest just like he knew it would and she threw the sheets away, flicking into a sitting position to look at Kyungsoo's with slowly blinking eyes.

"Sehun's still in bed?" She questioned, just to be sure and Kyungsoo nodded.

"He's all curled up, just waiting for the right person to wake him up and tell him to come downstairs for breakfast" He grinned, and Minah heaved a breath in, pulling her legs off the bed and scratching her head.

"I volunteer" She nominated herself, getting a snort from Jongin curled up on the bed as Yixing offered his hand to her with a knowing grin and a shine in his eyes when she slapped her hand into the one provided to her. Yixing helped her to her feet and with one look back, Minah was ready to go.

"Which one is Sehun's room?" She asked, and Yixing took her hand once again.

"Follow me my lady" Yixing showed Minah the way out of the room and down the hall, where he stopped in front of another door that was still closed, silence coming from the other side.

"And here is Oh Sehun's humble abode" He bowed with a step back, allowing Minah to let herself into Sehun's room. It was dark, that was the first thing Minah noticed when she was unable to see. She felt around for a source of light until her fingers made contact with the light switch back by the door. Minah's lips pulled back cunningly, and her sleepy eyes narrowed, with a flick of the switch, light filled the room.

"Oh Sehun!" Minah turned the light on and off like she was in a disco laughing at the way screaming his name had made Sehun flail around in his bed with terror shaking through him.

"Wake up ! I'm awake, so that means you have to be too!"

"Shut up and get out!" Sehun snapped at her as he threw the blanket over himself to hide just like she had not long before him.

"Wakey wakey wakey!" Minah carried on with her yelling, ditching the lights to scurry over to Sehun so that she could jump on him while he couldn't see her.

"Oh for crying out loud, Minah! I don't want to get up!" Boomed Sehun with a loud voice that made Minah grunt as he pushed her off the bed.

"Well stiff Sehun, we're all waiting on you," Even though she wasn't sure if she was right or not, Minah still tried to guilt Sehun out of bed when he managed to wrestle her off the bed and one the floor without coming out from his hiding place.

"Tell them that I'm not hungry and that I'd much rather sleep" He deadpanned as Minah picked herself up from the floor.

"Wake up, Sehun!" The bedroom door was ripped open and again, and a wild Jongdae came flying into the room and onto the bed. Effectively stepping all over Sehun with careless feet as Minah watched on with wide eyes and hanging open, hand shooting up to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter