Chapter 2

Missing Piece

I did it, I became the it girl. After the concert in Hong Kong, I went straight to film for Psy New Face music video. Once filming was done I was informed that our comeback is being pushed forward. I was put on the next flight before I could have enjoyed at least an hour to myself. Am I really ready for this? It feels too much already, it's not going to end well; I can feel it. 

Everything was moving so fast I couldn't think straight. Why was that during the day everything was passing by in a flash, but once I try to go to sleep it feels like forever. One minute feels like 10 minutes, 10 minutes feels like an hour, and so on. With being too busy I haven't been to my own place since my preparing the last comeback for Five. Well not like I really want to go back, the chances of seeing him is too high. Even though I still know what his schedule and day to day routine are like, I still don't want to risk it. I guess he didn't bother to tell any of the staff members from his company that we're no longer together since I still get his schedule. With being used to stay at Chorong and Bomi place and hotels so often now, coming back doesn't feel the same. With not being able to come home in a while I do ask my mom to stop by to help me with keeping the place up with the cleanest. 

Taking a deep breath I stepped into the elevator with a mask over my face and carrying a bunch of stuff in my hands as it ranges from fan gifts, food, and cleaning supplies. With the door about close, a hand stopped it. I stopped breathing for a sec, hoping that it's not him. As the door reopened I looked down, making whoever it is not able to see my face. 'Naeun?' Recognizing the voice I looked up "oh Jonghyun oppa"

"Did you walk with all of that in your hand? I didn't see your manager's car when I was coming in. Here let me help you"

I was still shocked and let him take the bags away from me "Oh... no, I took my own car"

With that, he was the one to be the shocked one. "I thought you didn't drive, I remember when you tried for the first time and almost crash the car. Taemin was so scared after that he refused to get in the car unless he was driving for the longest time, you really scar-" He stopped mid-sentence as if he just remembered that Taemin is someone that I can't bear to hear or look at anymore. 

"I've recently got my license, it's not that b-" This I was interrupted by someone stepping into the same elevator. I guess I didn't notice the door opening in the first place. Speaking of the devil, Mr. Lee Taemin was the one who joined this party with someone following behind him. "Oh! Ms. Son, I haven't seen you in so long, I honestly thought you moved out. Omo you've gotten so skinny, don't overwork yourself too much I see you everywhere now! Taemin tell her to take it easy now, I heard she's going to be on more shows what is the latest one I heard that you're going to be on? Oh right, the one with the Big Bang member what's that rascal name again? um... Seun...gri?" The old security man expressed with his toothy smile, showing his cute eye smile.

Taken by surprise on how up to date he is with my schedule I looked down trying to not notice him I bowed to the old man and give him a weak smile. As the door open once again I looked up to see that it was my floor, feeling relieved I tried to take the bags back from Jonghyun oppa. "Here let me help you carry these to your place. Taemin I'll meet you upstairs." 

"No that's okay oppa, I got it just give it back." With that, I was able to grab the bags out of his hand and ran out of the elevator. 


It's been hours since I last saw him. After making it into my apartment, the first thing I did was change the keypad password. For some reason inside me, it felt like I need to change it for my own sake. I want to take him out of my life as much as possible. To help me take my mind off the world, I the music throughout the apartment and clean. Cleaned out everything of him, packing up anything that reminds me of him or even getting rid of any DNA that may be traced on my bathroom floor. After many hours of doing so, I was ready to go to sleep. But like many of the usual time, my mind takes over my thought and taking that rest away from me. Looking at the clock it was almost 3 in the morning. Getting up in defeat, I put on a light jacket, a mask, my phone and headphone. 

Going up to the rooftop is a new habit of mine. I used to just go out and roam the streets, but as more and more reporters follow me it was something I didn't want when I just want to be alone. With headphones blaring music into my ears, I took in the scene in front of my eyes. As for the first time in a while, I felt relaxed but at the same time, I don't feel anything. With being so deep into my thoughts I didn't notice that I was getting a call. "Yes, mom?' 

"Naeun ah, your dad did it again. He went to borrow money for his friend and now we don't any more money. I don't know what to do with your father anymore, I think I'm going to need to sell the house or something."

Letting out a big sigh as I'm just so tired of this pattern. My dad having a big heart and not knowing how to say no, letting his friends take advantage of him. "Okay, tell me how much it is this time and I'll send over some money in a bit."

"Thanks Naeun, please try to talk to your father for me. We can't continue to do this anymore. Oh before I forget, hows your sister is she bothering you too much?"

"Se-eun? What do you mean if she's been bothering me?'

"Oh you know because she's been crashing at your place for the past week. At first, I wasn't too sure if it was the right choice since she can be a trouble maker I didn't want to trouble you even more. But since you told her that you offered I felt a lot better." 

"Mom, what are you talking about? I never offered he-"  I stopped mid-sentence, noticing someone stand not too far away from me. Turning my head it was someone I didn't expect to see for the second time in a day. "Oh um mom I'll talk to you later, I have to get ready for my schedule. I'll wire you the money later."

"Do you need something from me Teamin-shi?"

He let out a small chuckle, "You can call hyung oppa but not me? How things have changed'

There was a silence lingering for a while. As it was true that I needed to get ready for my schedule, I was about to head back down.

"Se-eun is staying at my place."


Not proofread.