Chapter 18

Missing Piece

I woke up nice and early, or at least as soon as I could to try to get the preparation started. I stayed up all night trying to come up with an idea to surprise Naeun with, but I completely blanked out. I was a lot better at doing something for her when we were still in the honeymoon stage. 

As of right now, I'm not sure what we are. It's something that we haven't talked about. It's clear that we both want something, but what each one of us wants exactly is still unknown, which is why I want to do something special for her.

With the speculation of if we were together, to my dating news; it seems as though we can never catch a break from our work or personal life. I want to let her know that although I'm busy and going to be still busy with work, I can't let myself lose someone else that's precious to me again. 

I remember what Jonghyun Hyung had said to me not long before he had left us. It was after my showcase for MOVE, and he had taken me out for a drink. Out of all the members, I wasn't super comfortable talking to him about Naeun. 

Call me the jealous type, but I still hate the fact that he's Naeun's type; and how close they've become over the years. They don't just look close, but it seems like they have a special bond between them. Just the way they talk and their little inside jokes. Or how it seems as though he can understand how she's feeling better than I do, and that he's always there when she needed someone.

I'm thankful for him to be there for her when I couldn't. But I still wish for it to be me, and not anyone else even if it was my fault that she ended up with no one by her side.

We were having a good time talking about what happened during the showcase, and my album — making jokes about every little thing, when suddenly his face fell and looked like something was bothering him. Knowing how he is of not wanting to feel like he's bothering me with his concerns, I didn't push him into thinking that he has to tell me what's going on. Instead, I just poured him another drink. 

We continued to drink in silence until we finished our fourth bottle. Throughout this whole time, he hasn't looked at me in the eyes since; until now. "Taemim." He then reached over to grab one of my hand and held onto it. 

"Naeun is one of a kind. She's not someone where you could ever find in someone else. Tell me, would you be okay with knowing that fact that she'll never be in your life anymore? Although you can see her at events, or even on the internet right now. But what if she's no longer active in this world, and finds someone else and moved away farther away from you. Can you live with yourself that those are the possibility?"

I didn't know what to say; it's like there's something stuck in my throat; I can't make up any words. "I-I've never thought that far..."

"Why did you break up with her so suddenly? As if you didn't even think twice about it."

"I'm not sure anymore... I've always felt since we're still young, we could experience more adventures on our own. Then when we didn't have as many people following us, I could maybe try for us again. But as I said, I didn't think that far."

"I know you don't like talking to me about her, so let me make this quick. Don't focus on making others happy; make sure you do what you want before it's too late. Be selfish if you need to be. She has a big heart; only do one of the two. Either fill it with the love that she deserves, or don't keep breaking it until it's completely gone.

He was always the wise one in the group, and the most supported for the ones he cares deeply about. I never notice how much I miss him until I think about him. I wished he was here with me right now. He was also the one who would help me with creating these events. 

Just as I came back from the market to make the dinner when someone rang my doorbell, I opened the door to see Key Hyung holding a dog cage. Not thinking much of it, I let him inside.

"What do you have there?"

"Taemin ah, I need your help. My friend's dog had puppies, and he just dropped these rascals off and left me to see if anyone would want them. So, it's your lucky day Taemin you get three of these cute little rascals for the price of nothing! Thank you so much. I can't handle any of them since I already have two of my own." And with that, he ran out of my apartment. I am leaving stunned.

I opened up the bag to have three little poodles come running out onto me. With an instant, I could give one of these little guys to Naeun as a gift since she had expressed how she had always wanted a dog after doing a show with them. 

But what am I going to do with the other two? I have my dogs that I can barely take care of myself; my parents take care of them for me. 

Maybe if I give her all three, she could see if any of her members would want them too? That sounds like a good idea. 

I was going to make her dinner and surprise her on a trip to Jejudo, but now with a dog, I think it'll be even better.


"Oppa, what's with the dogs?'

"You said that you've always wanted to raise a dog, so I just thought it'd get you some."

"Some? Why not just one? I've never raised one before, let alone three."

"Well... Key Hyung left them with me to see if anyone would want them since his friend's dog had them. And I don't didn't know what to do, so I thought you would like them."

"Did you ask Kai? Or Jimin if they would want them?"

"No..."

With that, she went over to turn on the lights and started to play with the dogs. I couldn't help but stare at her. She looks so beautiful; even with all the stress, she goes through.

"Oppa, do you smell something?"

"The food!"


Not proofread.