Chapter 17

Missing Piece

I was getting out of the shower after my workout this morning when all of a sudden someone rang my doorbell. I wasn't expecting someone at this time of day. It wasn't super early, it was only 9 am, but again I didn't remember making plans with anyone. I thought that it could be Taemin since he did say that we'll meet up soon after he had released an official statement.

Not going to lie before he had released anything I was starting to question and wonder if what they had reported was true. I know that even while we were still together, they had a great relationship and spent a lot of late night together. Then when we broke up, there was no surprise to see them together more often as she helped him with the choreographing majority of his album and solo concert.

I remembered when they worked together on Hit the Stage; everyone was rooting for them, then soon after the show, many fans had expressed that they would love to see them as a couple. 

That took a toll on me mentally as I couldn't understand why the fans would be okay if he were to be with her but not me. What made her acceptable, but not me. Or how it was so easy for him to be able to show his little maknae side of himself on national T.V. but yet he can't even give me a second glance.

To my surprise, it was Krystal. I was not close to her, but conformable enough to talk to her when we encounter multiple time. So seeing her at my doorsteps worries me. My first thought went straight to Myungsoo Oppa or Taemin Oppa; as they were the only connections as to why we would see each other.

As I opened my door, I can see that she's dressed in simple jeans with a white t-shirt and a grey coat to fight the cold; as it's starting to become colder. She's effortlessly beautiful if I were a guy I would for sure fall for her.

When she had noticed that I had opened the door, she looked had me with not her usual confident chic look that she has. Instead, she seems nervous and somewhat uncomfortable.

"Hey, is something wrong?"

She let out a nervous chuckle before making her way into the apartment. "Yes. I need your help."

"What do you need? Did something happen to Myungsoo Oppa or Taemin Oppa?"

"No no, why would anything happen to those pretty boys? If anything were to happen, it'd be us. Fans can be so scary sometimes." She had said with so much sass; I couldn't suppress my laughter. What she said was true.

Girl idols always have and always will get the short end of the stick for everything. Even if we're at our peak, it'll never be enough. Now imagine if dating news came out, non-stop negative comment and hate. Although it's been getting better with more and more couples being public with their relationship, it's still a grey area for my members and me.

When Taemin and I got together after the show, I was so paranoid with what would happen if the fans found out. I couldn't stop making up different scenarios in my head; where I was prepared for the worst. 

"Then what do you need help with?"

It looked like she was debating about something before she replied. "Okay, honestly Taemin Oppa had asked me to distract you so he could do something for you. But, since we're not closed at all. We've only talk because of Taemin in the first place. Then you guys broke up; and now that I'm with Myungsoo Oppa which is why I've seen you more lately. So, I was thinking all night how to distract you, but no matter what I came up with, it wouldn't make sense since we're not close!"

Another fit of giggles escaped my lips as I appropriate her being so straightforward. I can only imagine how annoyed Taemin would be if he were to find out that she ruined his plans.

"Thank you for being honest with me. I was planning on going out today. I wanted to do some stress shopping; then I have a quick meeting for an endorsement."

"Oooh. Well, that good then... I should've called you last night then. I cleared up a few meetings I had in the afternoon for that annoying guy." 

Guilt soon washed over me. "I'm sorry. But since he dragged you into this, would you like to join me? I would love a fashionista opinion in my wardrobe."

"No, that's okay..."

"Come on; I know that it's awkward for us but wasn't it your birthday recently? I can buy you a late birthday present. Just wait here let me go change, and we can get going."

I rushed into my room before I could hear any protest from her. Man, this guy. What am I going to do with you?

As we were heading down to the parking lot, I got a call asking if I could attend my meeting earlier as something got cancelled. "Would it be okay if we go to my meeting first? It'll be quick."

"Sure, where should I wait for you? Is there a coffee shop near there?"

"Oh, don't be sill you can join me. It's just a meeting for the upcoming Adidas and Fila collab event. If anything, they might invite you to it."

"Adidas and Fila? Doesn't Taemin Oppa work with Fila for like collabs as well?"

"Yeah, he's like their ambassador of some sort. How do you think he was able to get that job?"

After a few seconds, her eyes went wide, and fell open. "You?!"

"Yeah, Adidas is Fila parent company. And I've been working with them for a while now."

"Wow, that would explain why you're always wearing their stuff. Good for you. I feel like a proud mom."

A smile formed on my face as it feels nice to have a good time, especially after these past few days. "Well, let's take me to my meeting then mom." 

We then proceed to walk to the car. "Wait, Taemin asked you for a favour when he ruined your date with  Myungsoo Oppa?"

She rolled her eyes in the most dramatic way I've ever seen. "Tell me about it. I'm not sure how I was able to deal with him when we were younger. I applaud you for doing so well."


By the time I got home, it was already close to 6 pm. With being out since 10 in the morning, so I'm exhausted. After the meeting, just as how I was expecting it, Krystal was begged to come to the event. We had gone to grab some food and went shopping for the rest of the day.

She had brought me to Jessica's store, and it was such a different experience from what I had experienced before; I can't wait to go back one day. The store was beautiful, the clothes, and Jessica was there to check in on the store. I had such a good time that I forgot about the world. It wasn't until Myungsoo Oppa had stopped by to see Krystal, then stole her away as he said that he misses her too much and that it's his turn to spend time with her.

Not wanting to deal with him I let the two love birds be.  As I was making my way home, I was going to pick up food, when I remembered that Taemin had texted me saying that he was going to meet me back at the apartment. I sure hope that he has food there.

When I made my way into my apartment, I hear a few muffles and whispers. The hallway was dark until I made my way into the living room. In the middle of the room was string lights formed in a heart, then I heard something come running up to me. I looked down to see a puppy jumping up my leg. The dog was so tiny; he had to be only at least a month old

I bent down to see that there was a note hanging around its neck.

"My dad is too childish to take care of me. Would you be my mom."

As I picked up the dog, Taemin walked out of my room, holding two more dogs. Man, what has this goof done now.


Not proofread.