Chapter 20

Missing Piece

Here we were walking together on this trail, the same one we walked together on the show. It hasn't changed one bit since the last time we were here. The path is still a dirt trail but now covered in snow on the ground. We're literally walking down memory lane, and it brings back so many beautiful memories. 

We were so innocence, believing that nothing can come between us. We thought that since the people were used to seeing us onscreen, they wouldn't mind about us become a reality. Little did we know that they were the reason why our time on the show had come to an end. If only I knew that me crying that one time would bring so much anger towards the show.

Although the winter wind surrounded us, there was still a good handful of older people taking on their daily stroll, making me pull my jacket closer up to my face. Focusing on wanting to hide my face that I didn't notice that we had stopped right in front of the big tree, the same one we had prayed in front of.

"Do you remember what we had prayed for back then?" He turned to look at me with amusement on his face.

"Of course, we both prayed for our health and my dog. But what I didn't tell you was that I also prayed for us to be loved by many, together. Naeun-ah." He then grabbed both of my hands and made me face him. Something about him just standing there, holding my hands in his, makes me feel a certain way. You would think that working with many actors in the past would make me waver at one point or another, but no. No one has ever given me the same warm, secure feeling that he does.

"For someone who could never lie sure was good at pretending that all the hate you were getting never affected you. It wasn't just fans but people from the industry as well. When I look at you and see you smile, I can never see the pain you endure during those times or even now. I never believed it when they said that the most beautiful smiles hold the most pain. Not until I was blessed with you. Yet I didn't see it coming with h-hyung, how everyone was going through such a rough time and I-I."

"Hey, listen to me. We're here to have a normal life for a bit. Let's enjoy the now, okay? I don't know about you, but I would love to pray in front of this tree again."

With that, I let go of one of his hands to face the tree and closed my eyes. I can feel his gaze on me, but I continued to pray. I prayed for the usual, health for the ones around me

I prayed for peace. I know that may seem so general, but it's not something like world peace where everyone gets along and be kind to each other. But order where I can be with myself. Stop with the worrying of what others think of me, worrying about the need to fix everything; being able to hold my head high because I'm good enough. Not for others to accept and or judge me with, but for myself. I need to learn how to live for myself and no one else. 

"Naeun-ah, what did you pray for? I prayed for our health, my members, our parents, and the dogs." 

He gave me one of his cheeky smiles, waiting for me to tell him. "Oppa, that reminds me. What are we going to do with the ones you gave me? There's no way that I can take care of that many dogs on my own. I can barely take care of myself!"

As I continued to ramble on, I noticed how he was trying to suppress his giggles. "Yah! I'm serious here." 

"Sorry, It's just that you're so cute. Don't worry, I've asked around, and a few staff would take on the extra dogs. I'm a grown man; you don't need to worry about everything." And with that, he went running away from me, although it was more skipping away. 

Our next stop was surprising to ride some horses to explore the winter wonderland. "Oppa, are we going to ride them? I ask while admiring the beautiful animal in front of me.

With a sigh, he nodded his head. In return, I jumped up and down in happiness. Taemin would help me with the smallest things like putting on my helmet, gloves, and even getting on the horse.

Not going to lie, I'm very nervous and scared about riding alone. Although I always asked to go ride horses in the past and Taemin being overprotective wouldn't let me. But now that I'm on this beautiful, healthy animal, I can't stop thinking about the scary videos he had shown me before to convince me not to ride. 

Good thing that we went slow. As I started to get the hang of the rhythm, I took a look over Taemin to see how he was doing. To my surprise, he was hugging onto the horse for his dear life. For someone who loves doing dangerous activities like skydiving and scuba diving, who would've thought an animal is what scares him.

It was freezing, but the view was so breathtaking, it didn't matter how cold I was. The snow is covering the mountains and tall trees and hearing nothing but nature, bringing so much peace to mind and soul.

Our next stop was an art gallery, my safe haven. It's one of the few galleries that my mom owns. There were so many times when I had wished that I went through with being an artist instead of this idol life. Not many people know this, but my mom had sneaked a few of my paintings and scattered them in a few galleries. 

"Naun-ah, come look at this one. I like this one."

I came over to him to see one of my very own paintings. "Naeun-ah, this might sound crazy, but I've been trying to follow this artist for many years now but can never find anything about this artist. Do you think your mom would tell me who this is? I tried to buy one of her paintings before, but it's never up for sale."

All I could do is flash him a smile and walk to the next painting. "Hey, I'm serious here."

"Oppa, did you ever think as to why they didn't use a real name? Maybe she wanted to keep something in her life a secret."

"Keep a secret like the two of you?"


Not proofread.

Sorry for not updating for so long. :(

I didn't realize how long it's been since the last time I wrote something. 

To be honest, I had a lot of trouble writing this chapter, and have been thinking about writing a new story instead.

I'm debating on if I should finish this one first then start the new one, let me know? :)