Chapter 15

Missing Piece

I haven't been this nervous in a long time. My hands are getting clammy, and I can't stop shaking my leg up and down to try to calm the nerves. Here I am sitting in a large office, one of the biggest that I've ever been to with my manager and CEO. After I cleaned my place back to somewhat, it looked before we both contacted the company to tell them that we were ready to reveal our relationship.

I heard the door open, and I felt as if my heart was about to leap out of my chest. I was expecting to see Taemin with a loving and caring face. But instead, he, his manager and the CEO, came storming into the office.

"We have a problem; we can't let you guys reveal your relationship." His CEO had said. In a swift motion, he had embraced me into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry. I'm going to fix this."

"What's going on? Did something happened?" I broke out of his embrace to see guilt written on his face. Once again I'm sitting back down, with nerves running higher than ever. "Here, look at this." They handed me a phone. 

[BREAKING] Dispatch has just released that SHINee Taemin and Japanese dancer Koharu Sugawara are dating.

With a lot of buzzes and wonder if Taemin is dating his onscreen wife Apink's Son Naeun back on their We Got Married days. It turns out that although he is indeed dating, it's not our once beloved youngest couple. But instead his once choreographer, Koharu Sugawara. 

They're known to be great dance partners back on Hit the Stage in 2016 and started developing feelings for each other when she started working on his Japan tour in 2017. With many days and night practices, it was not long until those sparks would start to fly.

They spend many of their dates roaming the streets of Japan after practices or concert. It's rumoured that they have bought an apartment not too far from her dance studio together.

[BREAKING] Koharu Sugawara confirmed that she's indeed dating SHINee Taemin.

As it was just released by Dispatch that SHINee Taemin and dancer Koharu Sugawara are dating. It didn't take long for Koharu to take to her Instagram to address the matter and admitted to their relationship. We're still waiting for a statement from SM entertainment. If it's true, we do wish happiness for the two.

I didn't know what to think. How can this be possible? All the photos the Dispatched released clearly shown that they were both captured on the streets and having a good time. I couldn't tell when these photos were taken. These pictures do look real, with them going to eat and hang out on multiple occasions. But none of these had them holding hands or anything. 

Is this true? No, it can't be. We were supposed to reveal our relationship. I can feel my eyes slowly being filled with tears. With just a blink of an eye, they started to fall from my face. He grabbed both of my hands and made me face him. "Naeun-ah, look at me, please. Listen, I don't know what's going on but either way, none of that is true alright?"

I opened my mouth to say something, but something comes out as if something is stuck in my throat. What do I say? How does one react to so many different news and emotion in a day? "If it's not true, then why did it say that she admitted to it?"

"I don't know; I really don't. I've tried contacting her, but I can't seem to get a hold of her. I'm just hoping that she read the translated article wrong and got the meaning wrong or something like that. Trust me, I'm waiting for a response, and we'll release a statement." 

"We can't reveal us. If anything we need to be more careful now, right?... Should we, or I don't know have space between us then?" I looked up to see a disappointment look on his face. But he quickly tried to cover it up with a small smile. A sad smile, but still a smile. 

"If that's what you want. You're going to be busy with your movie promotion, concert preparations, and year-end ceremonies."

"You guys can use this space to focus on your self and rest up as much as possible. Stay away from the public eye as much as possible. The upcoming year you guys are both planning to have a comeback. Naeun-ah the soju contract is up, I suggest not to renew it to keep the attention to a minimal." My CEO chimed in.

I took a look around the room to see what everyone else feels. They all seem to have the same agreement. "I think they're right. Let's do that okay? Hopefully, then everything will fall into the right place for us," He said with as much reassurement as possible. 

"Okay, We'll just wait for a response to get things straight and get a statement out as soon as possible."

And with that, the room disbursed, leaving only him and me. "Why must this happen to us. I don't want this, I want people to know that you're mine and I'm yours. Sometimes I wonder if I was even meant to become an idol." 

"Naeun-ah, I know that this is hard. But this is what we need to do, to-"

"To protect our careers? Or yours more precisely? Because your career will come first, always and forever."

I can see the shock look on his face, this was something he would have never thought I would call him out on. It's a known fact that he had always wanted to work hard to be able to retire by the age of thirty. But with the death of Jonghyun Oppa, he has expressed the desire to work for himself and be happy. I thought that once I was ready to accept him back into my life, an opportunity to not reveal us came up, and he took it.

Am I looking into it too much? "If we're not going to reveal to the public and that we'll be taking space from each other. Are we not together then? Or what are we exactly."

"You can tell others that you're single if you want, but I'm going to be by your side no matter what."


Not proofread.