Chapter 4

Missing Piece

My eyes slowly opened as the sunshine hits my face. I tried to push myself up, but fell back down onto what I assume is the bed; as my head hurt so much. As I lay back down, I noticed someone sitting in a chair not too far from the bed. Taemin, I'm in Lee Taemin's bed, in his room where I've spent many nights here before. He's sleeping so peacefully; he looks like an angle. Even throughout the years, he would always look like a baby who debuts with a bowl cut. 

I need to leave, I tried to leave once again, but as I tried to get out of bed, I landed on the floor due to my legs not having any strengths. Next thing I know someone has picked me up and place me back on the bed. "Stay. Just stay for a little bit." With that, he tucked me back into bed and sat on the edge. He's staring at me, I'm used to him looking at me, but this time there's a different meaning behind those eyes; I can feel it. "What happened?"

"What do you remember?"

"I was in the washroom, and that's it."

He let out a sigh "What about before that? Do you remember anything before you came to the apartment?"

"Yeah, I was doing my schedule." 

"What kind of schedule did you have?"

"The usual..." I can't tell him; I can't look at him; it'll give everything away.

His eyes are piercing through me if looks can kill I would've been died right about now. "Is the usual for you to go to these nasty clubs to basically sell yourself to these connections? Is that why you've been around Seungri so often? You know he's involved in illegal stuff."

"You don't understand okay?" My voice barely came out as a whisper. 

"Understand what? That you're too lazy actually to work hard for what you want? You became too used to being my girlfriend, and everything was handed to you on a silver platter?" 

"You have no right to say anything to me. I'm not lazy, I've worked even harder to prove that I'm not just some girl you dated. For months, no years I couldn't even put a majority of my earnings into my savings as it went into paying off all of the loan sharks that my parents keep getting themselves into and..."

"You seem to be doing well after you landed in Psy's music video."

I let out a bitter chuckle "Man how I regret being in the videos; that's the start of my hell." I can see confusion written all over his face. "What do you mean."

"As I said, you won't understand. I'm too far deep; I can't back out there's no point of explaining anything to you; not like you would do anything." 

"Oh really? How could I sit back when you're taking antidepressants." 

"H-how do you know that?"

"We found them in your bag when you fainted. The reason you fainted was that you got roofied, a bastard tried to drug you. If you're going to do this to yourself why can't you be more careful."

I was shocked; I was always extra careful; still making sure that I don't drink anything that I didn't personally see someone make it, or if I put the drink down. I knew he was trash, but he always made sure that nothing would happen to me. 

"Naeun ah, what's been going on with you? Eunji told Key that you hadn't been yourself after you started filming for your movie. We had to change your clothes last night, and I found cuts and bruises all over." Without me even knowing tears started falling down my cheek.

"Every idol's dream was to be big and popular, every female would love to be the it girl, but they don't understand what being a it girl until you become one. It's more than just some new schedules with some commercial deals, and more appearances on shows. On top of all of that, you need to meet with these nasty old men to keep a good name. Go to these club party to entertain them, having men constantly touching your legs, arm, everywhere. All of this is for what? Making extra money to pay off the loans, keeping Apink together. But what about me,  I'm not living for myself anymore. But that doesn't matter anymore; there are too many lives in my hands; I can't let their lives go down the drain so that I want to be selfish." 

"Did those men ever do more than just touch you." He said with so much anger it scared me a bit.

"No, they all thought that we were still together." I let out a bitter smile. "Don't worry I'll start telling them that we're not together anymore so you won't get connected to my problems. I also heard you've been seeing someone; I don't want to hurt her."

"Not anymore."

"I'll be going then, sorry for being a bother."

"Naeun?" I heard his voice crack. I turned around to see tears streaming down his beautiful face, his eyes giving a broken look. "Please tell me this isn't true. Did you have a miscarriage the night we broke up?"


Not proofread.