Chapter 7

Missing Piece

I'm running on the treadmill trying to ease my mind; I couldn't stop thinking about what he had said the other night. What does he mean by wanting me to continue rejecting everyone that approaches me? After that night, I went to bed restless. After not being together for months then losing one of my dearest friends, I haven't stopped to think about what my feelings for him are. Can I still accept him into my heart, am I still willing to go through this secretly and possibly risk everything for him again? I know that no matter what I would always love this man, my forever love. Or does he want to get back together, does he have something else in mind? Or does he want to be selfish and not want me to with anyone else? Then again, he just lost someone more precious to him in the whole world, his brother. What if he wants to have comfort with knowing that he has someone that can still be his, to be there for him. 

With the treadmill is located close to the entrance of the gym, I got distracted from my thoughts as a group of guys walked in. I took a glance, and one of the first people I saw was Kai, which means that he has to be here too. We switched to the same gym back then to try to see each other a bit more without getting caught. It was just past midnight, and I forgot that this is the time that he would spend to hang out with his friends. I stopped going at this time to make sure that I would never run into him or any of his friends. I switched my schedule to have my workout early in the morning. I turned up my music and looked the other way to try not to let them see my face, 

As I was doing my cool down, there were a few guys that would come up to me to ask if I was doing okay, thinking that I don't know how to use a treadmill; or just a lame excuse to talk to me. As I was finishing my warm up, I started to increase the speed to start a quick sprint. Then I felt someone tap my shoulder scaring the life out of me. Resulting in me falling flat on my face. "Omo Omo, are you okay." Nodding my head to make them reassured and go away, but in reality, I was in the most pain I have ever been. I'm known to have a weak ankle, but this is a pain I have never experienced before. They tried to help me up, but instead, I fell back on the floor, yelping in pain. "Yah, what did you do, I thought you said you were just going to come over to say hi." With a swift movement, Taemin picked me up and put me down on a bench. "Tell me once you feel pain, okay?" With that, he took off my shoe and massaged my ankle to indicate where the pain was. I started to cry out in pain once he put his hand on my swollen ankle. 
"I-I didn't do anything, don't be dramatic."

"Yah! Do you think I would be pretending all this? I didn't ask for this. I have a schedule in a few days for the Olympics ceremony." 

"Let's take you to the hospital."

"You guys can't take me. There are dispatch people outside when I came in." 

"What should we do, we can't let you go on your own; you can barely walk." Jimin expressed being clearly distressed. After a bit of suggestion that doesn't work, when Kai finally chimed in. "There's a back door, and we can park the car out in the back and there; BOOM, we can go without them noticing."

"Good plan, but we all walked here, you idiot." Taemin said, while smacking him on the head." Leading to more discussion

"I did, I parked a few blocks away, just up the street." I said.

Finally, the attention was back on me, with all of them looking surprised. "You don't drive, or at least you shouldn't. We all heard about the time Taemin tried to teach you and resulting in him refusing to let anyone else but him drive for months." 

"Fine, don't believe me, I'll take my self." Trying to get up but was pushed back down by the gang,

"Stop, we believe you. How about Jimin, you wear her hoodie and cap and take her car." 

"Why do I have to do that!"

"Because you're the skinniest and similar height as her, and I'm pretty sure Dispatch would be suspicious of us if they saw us walking in but then driving away. So we need to pretend that she's taking her car." Taemin reasoned with him.

"Fine, hand over your jacket."

"Um... Can someone hand me a hoodie first?" I said shyly as I was only wearing a sports bra underneath. As they soon realized the situation, Jimin handed me a hoodie to me, and they all turned around.

Once the clothes swapped, Jimin took my stuff to take the car, and the rest of us waited out in the back. Taemin was carrying me the whole time and didn't let me down while we were waiting. "You can let me down, you know, I don't need to be carried," I said a bit snarkier than I intended to. He was finally looking at me and didn't say anything. It looked like he was trying to refrain himself to do or say anything stupid; especially since we're outside and one wrong move could ruin this whole plan. As I was about to demand to be put on, the car pulled up. 

"You guys still can't go to the hospital with me. If people see one of you guys with me, words are going to spread."

"Don't worry about it; I know a place."  Taemin said with a monotone. 

In the end, only Taemin came with me as the rest of the group agreed that they need to let Dispatch see them leave the gym at least. Give them some pictures, just for fun. 

It turns out the place Taemin knew was the same place Jonghyun oppa took me last year.  As we were waiting for the results from the Xrays, Taemin was outside on the phone with someone; he looked like he was in distressed. Trying to distract myself, I started texting the members to let them know about the situation, when the doctor walked in, with Taemin following soon after. "Oh, Ms.Son, I haven't seen you since last year, did you recovery well?" 

"Y-yes, I did, um... how's my ankle."

"Oh yes, so turns out it's more than just a sprained ankle. You pulled a ligament in your ankle and should need to be put on bed rest for at least a week."  After the doctor had explained what I should do to help with having a faster recovery, I called my company to let them know right away, and man did I get an earful.

As I finished my phone call, Yeri from Red Velvet barged into the room with tears down her face. She stormed towards me and the next thing I knew a slap came across my cheek.

"You're the reason why Jonghyun Oppa died!"


Not proofread

Sorry for not updating in a while, I have been super busy with exams.