Chapter 19

Missing Piece

I had my head down low and made sure that my hat and face mask is secured on my head to make sure that no one would be able to see me. It was pretty late, meaning that there weren't many people at the airport.

After we had finished eating pizza that we ended up ordering since Taemin Oppa ended up burning the food that he has prepared, he told me to pack my bag since we would be going to Jejudo for a few days. I was impressed by how he was able to clear up not only mine but his schedule as well. It clearly shows how powerful you get to be by coming from a well-known company, and being in the industry for so long.

Jejudo has to be one of my favourite place for a quick escape. 

Jejudo was where Apink got to film our debut song. Where I first met Taemin Oppa, made many memories with him there; and so much more.

Excitement and nervousness ran through me as I was waiting to board the plane. It has been so long since we've been on a trip together. It brings back some good times. I could see him sitting a few rows away from me with his hood over his cap and a mask over his face. It amazes me how good looking he is even with most of his face covered up like that. He caught me looking at him where he then gives me a wink before going back onto his phone.

I'm delighted that we're going away. I needed it. Not only just for us to relax, but to see if we can make this work again. Words are being left unsaid, and feelings are going to be hurt. I want to sort this all out. Even if we're not together when we return, as long as we can both be okay with the results; that's all I care about.

Once I got settled into my seat, I closed my eyes and waited for the plane to take off. Just as the announcement was made to let us know that we would be taking off soon was when I felt that someone sat down next to me. Usually, I wouldn't mind who was sitting next to me, but since they had sat down so last minute, it made me curious about who my seat buddy would be.

To my surprise, it was none other than the boy who is stealing me away. Joy spread through my body but soon replaced with fear. "Yah, what are you doing?" I said while smacking him on the shoulder. 

We've been on a few trips before, but we were extra careful by not even sitting close to each other;  just being extra cautious if someone who knew us would catch us together.

In response, he smiles and shrugs. "Don't worry about it, if you actually looked around there's barely anyone in business class. It's just us, so why not just sit together." He said while putting his arms around me.

I took a look around, and it was true. There was a total of maybe five people in business class, including us. But with so much attention aimed from every direction on us, I still shoo him back to his seat; not wanting any of us to be in the headlines once again. With a pouty face, he returned to his seat.


I woke up to someone ringing my doorbell. With a groan, I went to open the door to see someone with a cart full of food. Without much thought, I had let them bring it and proceeds to crash back onto the soft bed. When we got off the plane, we went straight to the hotel and crashed when our heads hit the pillow. 

Once they had left, I was going to continue my slumber when I heard someone walk out the washroom; then jumped onto the open space next to me. "Hey, wake up. It's going to be a packed day, and you've already slept through the first two hours of the plan; we're behind schedule."

I tried to ignore him by burying myself deeper into the pillows when he started to hit me with the pillows lightly.

"Why are you hitting me just five more minutes."

"Come on; we're behind schedule."

"Schedule? It sounds like we're working. Why can't we sleep for a little bit? Please?"

"Nope." And with that, he dragged to me the bathroom to make me get ready.

Once I was done getting ready, I walked out to see that he had laid all the food on the table. He looked to be immersed into something on his phone.

"Who have you been texting this whole time? Ever since we left for the airport, you were constantly on your phone."

He looked up and gave me a slight smile before putting his phone down. "It's nothing, I just now need to make sure we can do everything I had planned."

I looked at him weirdly before taking a seat across from him. "How much did you plan? How long is this getaway is anyways."

"I think I planned just enough since we'll be leaving tomorrow night."

I nodded my head in acknowledgement while taking a sip of the coffee that was in front of me to hide my slight pout. I knew that this couldn't have lasted long, but I didn't think it would end in such a short time. 

"Are you preparing for something soon?"

"No, why?"

"Oh... I just thought you were since we're leaving tomorrow."

"I was only able to get into such a short trip is because of you, Miss Son Naeun. You need to start preparing for the year-end ceremonies, your comeback, your concert, your commercials deal. You're getting busier and busier by the day."

I was taken back about what he said. I didn't even know if I was going to attend the ceremonies this year since Apink hasn't been invited to one in the past two years. Also, back then, I was always the one that had to cut our trip short due to his hectic work life. But this time it was because of me.

"Alright, then what's the first schedule of the day manager-nim."

With a chuckle, he dug into his food instead of replying to me.
 


Not proofread.