Chapter 3

Missing Piece

Here I am, sitting in a place that brought back so many memories and now sorrow. Sitting in front of me is my younger sister, we look so much alike. But growing up she was always the favourite one; she was always put before me. As it was my choice to train at a young age and leave my home, but what drove me away more was that I could never be the first choice. Due to that, we were never close; I was more comfortable in a room full of strangers than spending time with her. As she started to train farther away from home, that's when we began to get closer. Catching up now and then, and slowly talk on a more day to day basis. 

Taemin put a cup of coffee in front of me and sat down next to me. I gave him a slight bow as a thank you and out of habit. Se-eun can't look at me; she's avoiding my eyes if looks can kill she would be dead by now. "So are you going to tell me what's going on?" She finally lifts her head but instead of looking at me she's looking at Taemin, and he's looking anywhere but my direction too. "Taemin? Do you know what's going on?" "No, I was coming back from my schedule a week ago and was going to your place as your mail was sent to me by mistake. Once I got there, she was sitting in front of your door with her stuff. She wouldn't tell me what's going on and that she's been waiting for you since the morning. I told her if you're not back in a bit she could stay here until she got a hold of you, and she's been here since." 

"Se-Eun, why are you here? Mom called me asking how you're doing."

"Mom has your number? Look we wouldn't be where we are if you could stop changing your number every few weeks. You stopped doing that years ago, why are you starting this habit again? It's not like dad is still borrowing from loans sharks anymore, and you're not at your peak where people would want to spread your number around." She finally lets out angry. I can feel him looking at me.

"Why are you not at home or your place?'

"Well...I heard that you haven't been to your place in a while due to being so busy, so I thought I could crash at your place for a little bit."

"That doesn't answer my questing; why are you not at home."

"Look I'm not a child anymore. I don't have to answer to you."

If we were having this conversation a few years ago, I would have left it at that and agreed with what she had just said, and let her do what she wants. "It's either you answer me, or I tell mom that you haven't been staying with me for the past week. Resulting you having to go back home." 

I could tell that they're both taken back by my response; this is out of my comfort zone. "Naeun ah, please don't tell mom and dad. I think I might be pregnant." 

You could tell and surprise I got. I knew she was popular amongst guys, but she was always focused on her training. So her meeting someone was never a part of my concerns, let alone becoming an aunt at this age. "What do you mean you might be pregnant? When did this happen? Who is it? TAEMIN?!" 

"NO!" "NO!" They both screamed

"I recent;y met someone at the company, and we were at a company party. I guess I drank a little more than I can handle and you know..."

"Okay... Have you taken a test?" "No, that's why I wanted to have some space and stay at your place for a bit. Before I do anything, I just wanted to have a clear mind before proceeding and was hoping if you could help me buy a test?"

"Me?! Why would I?"

"Well because I know you had a buy a few in the past, so it's not something new for you."

Before I could shot something back my phone rang. "Naeun I'm 10 minutes away. Please be ready soon." "Okay, bye manager oppa."

"I need to go now, but this conversation is not finished. Bring your stuff down to my place, and you've bothered him long enough. Here's the key; make sure to say thank you." With that, I went to proceed with the day. 


Being exhausted is an understatement for sure. Due to not having any sleep the night before, back to back schedule with little time to eat since I spent every free time I had getting some shut-eye. It was an eventful day for, not just my baby sister throwing the bomb of her possibly being pregnant. But other people I had to deal with today. 

"Naeun, we're here and here's the stuff you asked me to get for you. I didn't know you were seeing someone again." Manager oppa said while handing me a black plastic bag. I have asked him to get a test for me since I don't have time to do it myself. "I'm not; it's complicated." "Alright, but if something was happening during your meetings, don't be afraid to scream for me." 

With that, I got out of the car and walked slowly to the elevator. Leaning on the walls of the elevator to keep my self standing up, I feel uneasy something feels weird within me. "Naeun ah!" Looking up I saw one of the sweetest women that I've ever met, someone I never thought I would see again. 

Taemin's mom.

"It's been so long, why hasn't Taemin brought you to see me at all? What a bad son I have. I'm so glad I caught you, I stopped by your apartment earlier, but you weren't home — good thing I had to go to the store to pick up something. Come on; we're having a celebration! All the SHINee members are there, even your younger sister." 

Next thing I knew I was being dragged into the same room for the second time that day. As I stumbled into the room, it seemed as if the whole place stopped and was staring at me. "Look who I found in the elevator!" She expressed as if she just won the lottery. 

You could see all the members looking around trying to address the situation. "Ah...Naeun, we're so glad you made it come join..." Key said trying to cut the weird atmosphere. With a slight nod, I pointed to the washroom to gesture that I needed to excuse myself for a second. They all nodded to have understood what I wanted to do. 

I'm leaning against the sink trying to stable myself; I splash some cold water onto my face to try to wake myself up. Taking some deep breath, I decided that it's time to face whatever is out there. When I was about to open the door I felt very dizzy, next thing I know everything went blank. 


I can't believe that my mom ran into Naeun and dragged her here. I couldn't tell her that Naeun and I aren't together anymore, I don't know why but I can't bring myself to break the two heart that I cherish the most. I told her that I'm going to have my solo comeback very soon, and she decided to go overboard. Naeun was in the washroom for a while, and my mom sent me to go check up on her. I knocked on the door but no response, so I tried again but still nothing. I decide to open the door and found her on the floor. I called for my hyungs as I picked her up and headed towards my room. 

"What happened? Is she okay?"

"I'm not sure, I found her like this. Se-Eun can you check her bag to see if she has her herbal patches." 

"I can't find any, all I found was some SSRI pills? What are those?"

I looked around the room to see if anyone knew the answer. It was silent, but I caught Jonghyun hyung looking more concern than everyone else.

"Hyung, what's wrong?"

"SSRI are antidepressant."


Not proofread.