Chapter 14

Missing Piece

My ears are ringing.

My throat is hoarse from the shouting. 

Adrenaline is running through my blood.

How did we get here?

Things were said, where it shouldn't have been said.

Things were thrown and broken.

Shattered, everything in this room is broken. 

Healed wounds opened up again.

Everything has become a blur.

Where did it even start?

So much hatred, yet so much pain and love is felt for one another.

This person in front of me, who I don't even recognize. She looks so different.

When did I become like this?

The reflection is nothing that resembles anything how I remembered what I looked like. Or how I want to look like. I look like a disaster, but I feel more like a monster.  How are we going to get past this? Everything that we've worked so hard for is now ruined.

Our careers are going to be gone in a flash. What about where we'll stand in each other's lives? So many unanswered questions, with an uncertain future.

Are we back to square one again? Where everything and everyone has been pushed away and suffering alone is the only answer that's felt suitable. Or can we go on together in this dark place, and be each other's strengths.

Someone had done it. They were able to expose us. In a way. They had published an article assuming what our relationship would have become if we had actually dated in secret, where we did. It was crazy how they had stated that these were all assumptions, but they had pinpoint many of our time together with many unforgettable events together.

Taemin had just finished his first tour in Japan, and I was starting to prepare for our next album and year-end ceremonies. We were in the meeting to discuss a possible concert preparation when it came out

What if We Got Married Ex-couple Shinee Taemin and Apink Son Naeun turned into a real-life couple. Where would they be now if they had dated?

-...the two started dating after the release of Taemin's first solo album. Eight months after they had ended their beautiful marriage...-

-...the two spent many dates at each other's practice rooms, car rides...-

-...it would've been more comfortable for the two to secretly walk around in their hometown where they both grew up and went to the same middle school...-

-...to try not to look so suspicious they had moved into the same building where many other celebrities lived...-

-...they would have hit a rough patch at one point and have split sometime in late 2016 or early 2017...-

These assumption articles of popular fan favourite couples have become a trending thing. They would use many of the fans videos and theories on the couple to put together the assumption. But this one was the one that stirred up a commotion within the industry. All the points that were mentioned are all true, and it seems very real to the fans as well. The fans believed it so much that they demanded a statement from us.

Trying to hide from the public eye was easy, as always. I've always preferred to stay at home and keep myself hidden from the harsh world. I've turned off my phone as though I thought that it was going to flow up due to the number of pings I was getting. They had all tried to come over to talk about the situation: members, family, CEO and some friends.

I refused to put anything out there before I could process the situation, and discuss everything with him as well. With so many people in the same room, it was natural to have their own opinion and different input on what should be done. Things started to get out of hand when the cup I was holding shattered in my hands. 

So much angered erupted from within me. They were so busy to make sure that they got to say what they wanted but not once let me say what I needed and wanted to. I just wanted them all gone. I need to be able to think without someone else putting their thoughts into my head. Once the glass broke, I couldn't stop my self from going for another one; as if I just saw red. 

I let all my emotions out on them, with the shouting cry to let them know how broken I have been in the past few years — breaking anything that I can get my hands on to show them that I'm more damaged than the items. Chaos erupted from the room. Them trying to all speak to calm me down, but it was useless. I screamed and kicked until they all left. 

Taking a look around the room to see how bad the condition I have put the apartment in. I couldn't believe that I caused this. After calming down, I went to the kitchen to calm my nerves. As I was making myself a cup of tea, someone rang my doorbell, resulting in me to spill the hot water onto my hand from the surprise. Hesitating to see it was, scared of what holds on the other side until the door opened. 

He slowly walked into the living room then proceed to the kitchen where I was. He was dressed in all black from his jeans, sweater, hat and even mask. We held eye contact for what felt like an eternity. He finally broke it when his eyes moved down to my now red hand. As I was about to hide it, he came over to inspect it. 

He was so close to me; I can smell his scent. It didn't hit me how much I've missed him. "What are we going to do?"  I said with a shaky voice while I was looking up at him. I can see the hesitation in his eyes. He looks everywhere to try to come up with what to say. "I'll do whatever you want."

"Do you know what you want?" He nodded his head. 

"We can come out as a couple, or end this right here."

We intertwined both of our hands together and closed our eyes. This is the make it or break it point for us, and everyone around us.

"I was really enjoying you trying to court me to get me to fall back in love with you. But I'm ready to be in love with you out in the world." 


Not proofread