Chapter 13

Missing Piece

"Naeun-ah, can you help me with something?" He had asked me with hesitation.

"Yeah sure, anything Oppa; what do you need?"

"Can you help me with Krystal?"


After the festival ended, Myungsoo Oppa had offered to drive me home. Imagine the looks I got from the members when I told them that he'd be driving me. It turns out that he and Krystal had recently started dating. Of course, it was no secret that they did a drama together; and like many others, I thought that they would start dating. Until the news came out that she was dating Kai last year.

He was there for her since day one; he was there to tell her to go for him; the ears to listen whenever they had issues, and the shoulder to cry on when they eventually broke up. With being together so often, they naturally developed feelings for each other. 

Dating in general is hard, but dating and being an idol is like trying to play with fire. Everything will eventually go up into flames, one way or another.

On our way back home, we had picked up some food and drinks. He had texted Krystal to come over to my place, saying that I'm asking her to help me with some 'fashion advice' for an upcoming event I have. Right from the moment that we stepped into the apartment, I rushed to clean up as it's very messy. Being so busy lately, I haven't had any time to clean up properly.

As I was so busy running around to clean up and set up the mood for them. When my doorbell rang, I thought it was her, so naturally, I told him to go open the door. As I was putting on the final touches, I started to hear a commotion. With curiosity running through me, I walked over to the door. As I open the door wider, the scene in front of me, left me speechless.

"YAH! Oppa why would you accuse him of seducing Naeun Unnie! Am I not good enough or something!" Krystal is hitting Taemin Oppa with her purse, while Myungsoo is just giggling away. Knowing how violent she can get, I decided to step in, pulling her away. After pulling her off, Taemin hid behind me, with his cute pouty face. "What's going on here?"

Myungsoo is seen pulling Krystal closer to him to create some space between us. "Well, when I opened the door, your little puppy lover over there started to ramble on why was I here. Asking if all I wanted to do was seduce you and blah blah blah. Until Krystal started hitting him, and here we are."

"Can you believe him Oppa? Seduce? Oh please, no disrespect Naeun, but all that's been going on, I doubt you would cheat on me like that."

Now it was my turn to slap Taemin. "Ow, ow, ow why are you hitting me?!"

"Becuase you ruined our plan. Myungsoo Oppa had asked me to help him set a date up with Krystal since he wanted to make it up to her." 

"Set up a date?" He repeated after me

"Yeah, set up a date. Not many people know this, but we've been dating."  Myungsoo Oppa then proceeds to grab her hand and give her one of his signature smiles. I saw the shocked look on her face, but soon melts away and smiled at him back. 

I looked over to see Taemin to have been taken by surprise too. "They're really dating?" He whispered. Nodding my head, his face soon turned guilty, clearing his throat to grab their attention. "Um... I would like to apologize for, um, the way I was acting." 

"That's okay Oppa, but why are you acting like this? Last time I heard you guys aren't together anymore." 

"Uh, can we go inside maybe? I brought fruits" He replied with an awkward smile, as I could tell that he was super embarrassed.

As we made our way inside, I could hear Krystal ramble our a few wows, aw, and oh my gods. It was nothing much. I had set up the dining table with a candle, a rose and the take-out food on the table. But of course us girls, always love the thought more than the actual outcome. "Wow, Myungsoo you're sure a romantic." 

"I can't take any of the credit; I couldn't have done this simple thing without Naeun's help."

We then proceed to move the food over to the living to all sit comfortably together. After everyone had started to dig in, Krystal continues to press Taemin about her question earlier. "So, Oppa there's no way for you to avoid me and my question. So, what's your status?"

"Um... I'm trying to win Naeun over again."

There was an awkward silence for a while. "Aigoo, my poor Naeun. Play hard to get, alright? Don't let him in too easy; this boy needs to work for it. Oppa needs to learn how to cherish someone like you." 

"Yah! Why must you talk like that? Making me sound like I'm some playboy." He then proceeds to hood his arm around her neck and put go in a slight head chock and mess up her hair. Seeing them goof around like this bring back many memories. Back when we could all hang together, late at someone's apartment. Everything felt so much easier. Taemin and I, Krystal and Kai, Kwon, and Suho Oppa. 

Although Taemin and I broke up first when the news came out that Krystal and Kai broke up, I'm sure that put a strained on his friendship with Krystal. He trained with them both at a young age, but he always stays loyal to his circle. 

Not long after she was able to break free from his grip.

"Oppa! Look what he did to me, how can you let him mess up my hair. Now I look hideous." 

Myungsoo Oppa could only giggle and try to fix her hair. "Aigoo, you could never look bad. Even if you do, I would still stay with you." 

"Are you saying that I've looked bad before!" She said in her most dramatic self. Taemin and I could only giggle at their little commotion.

Times like this and where I wish I could stop time and enjoy myself. Cherish every happy moment I'm blessed with.

With just knowing my luck, I was preparing myself for something to ruin this moment. To my surprise, nothing did, and for the first time, I was able to laugh to my heart desires.


Not proofread.