Chapter 16

Missing Piece

After the discussion with Naeun, I went straight to the practice room, and she went to attend one of her photoshoots. I don't understand what's going on. Why would something like this come out and why would she admit to it.

I've always been so careful about who I spend time with the outside of the workplace. I've been working so hard to assure Naeun that I'm serious about us, but of course, something happens.

I'm never the type to always be holding my phone no matter what, but once I can get a hold of her, I need to get things straight right away. As she's currently in Japan, it's not like I can drop everything here to go over there to talk to her. If anything if the reporters see me fly to Japan randomly, to them, it'll be a way of me confirming the relationship.

Not wanting to waste any more time than I did, I tried to give her another call. With each ring, the more anxious I became. When Naeun and I first broke up, during one of our late practices, she had confessed her feelings. I was fortunate how understanding she was that it was still too soon and that I only saw her nothing more than a great friend. 

As I was ready to go back to practising when my phone rang. "Hello, I'm so happy that you called? I didn't think that you'll ever return your feelings since we haven't seen each other for a while. Not going to lie, I would've accepted if you had just told me in person but-" 

Right then, everything made sense. It was all a misunderstanding, but how do I tell her that. How do I break the news to her that I wasn't a way for me to confess but just the stupid reporters releasing something like this? But, if I don't clear this up, my relationship with Naeun would be back to square one again. 

"N-no no, sorry but I think you're misunderstanding this. The article that came out was not a way for me to confess my feelings. They had just released it as there was a lot of speculation about my relationship with Naeun. Naeun and I were planning to come out with our relationship before this whole thing came out..."

"But in the article, it had said that you confirmed about our relationship that's why I did too."

"No, in the original it said that it's waiting for the confirmation from me. But when it's translated, it got worded differently."

"I didn't know that you and Naeun got back together."

"After a lot of speculation, she was ready."

"So it wasn't after many people paid attention to both of your personal life was when she was ready to get back with you? Doesn't that sound sketchy to you? I'm not sure if you have noticed but although she's still active she's not getting the same attention she used to. Compared to a few months back." 

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm just saying, but think about it. Isn't it convenient for you guys get back together when the attention can go back on her? After how long you guys have been broken up-"

"Stop," I said in my most stern voice as possible where it surprised me as well. I couldn't take it anymore. Naeun is not like that, my Naeun is not someone who loves or craves attention and would do anything in her power to receive it; if anything she tries to avoid it as much as possible. She doesn't know anything that has been put between us. What I had put her through. 

"I respect you as an artist and cherish you as a friend. I would love to be still able to see you as a sweet person that you are. So, I would appreciate it if you would never say her name again; and if you were to taint her name in any way or form, I would never let it go. I'm going to release a statement saying that it was a misunderstanding and you are going to as well. Got it?"

There was a moment of silence where I at one point, I have thought that she might have hung up on me. "Okay fine, but you know that we're perfect for each other. I hope you would soon realize that soon enough, I'm not going to give up." With that, she hung up, leaving me stunned by what she had said.

I can't let what she said to get into my head; there are more important things to be done. As I was finally able to leave the head office to get a proper statement out, I bumped into Krystal. 

"Oh?! Oppa I heard about the new, are you only finally meeting with them to release a statement? That was hours ago! I remembered when the news about Kai and I came out; we had to bring our sorry butts over right away."

I couldn't help but let out a chuckle. It never baffles me on how blunt she can be. I miss hanging out with her. I did spend a good portion of my trainee days with her and Kai. When they started dating, I couldn't be happier for them, since I could stop feeling guilty for always being with Naeun. I never thought about how it'll be if they were ever to break, so when they did, I felt like I needed to pick a side. I know how understanding she is, so I just prayed that she was able to understand the situation. 

"Krystal? Are you busy, can you do me a favour?"

"What kind of favour?"

"Can you help me distract Naeun tomorrow?"

"Why? What are you going to do?"

"I want to surprise her."

"What are you doing to do for her?"

"Aish, don't worry about it. Please help me here."

"I don't know. You did ruin my surprise that Myungsoo Oppa prepared for me."

"Please, I'll make it up to you!"

"Great, thank you so much! I'll text you the details later." 

I need to make sure to let Naeun know that I'm serious about her, and to see if our spark is still there. I know that I still love her and that she's the only one I can see myself loving. But, this is more for her to see if I'm someone that she can think the same of.

"Hyung, can you help me make sure that my schedules are cleared and book a flight to Jejudo for me."


Not proofread.

Sorry for not updating, I've had some relatives over recently, and it's been super crazy.