Chapter Six

Cloaked Heart

"So, where do we go from here?" Soobin slowly asked, out of breath from their makeout session. His eyes trailing from Yeonjun's plump lips to his chocolate-coloured eyes. Sometimes, Soobin couldn't help but wonder how someone could be so beautiful as the older. He was lucky to have Yeonjun in his life even if they weren't exactly sure of what they were to each other.

Yeonjun shrugged, his upper lip twitching into a shy smile. "We can figure that slowly along the way but first how are we going to explain to the other members about us?"

"Well, we won't have to worry about Beomgyu," Soobin said, knowing the younger had already wrapped his head around the idea of them.

Yeonjun blinked at the dark-haired boy, his eyebrows raised. "What do you mean?"

"He kind of already knows about us. Actually he's even been helping me try to talk to you," Soobin sheepishly admitted, scratching the back of his neck.

A wave of realization hits Yeonjun, as his brain finally connected the dots together. "Ah, that's why you guys have been so secretive and..argued a lot lately."

"We argued mostly because of my stubbornness. He kept trying to convince me to tell you how I felt but I was scared," Soobin explained, chewing on his bottom lip—a habit he found himself doing a lot recently whenever he was anxious.

"You don't need to be scared anymore now that we put everything out in the open," Yeonjun reassured, gently pushing Soobin's fringe out of his eyes.

"Um, what about Taehyun and Huening Kai?" Soobin asked.

The two were completely oblivious of everything that was going on and he didn't want them to be confused. They were still young.

"We can start with Taehyun then tell Huening Kai after," Yeonjun said before wrapping an arm around Soobin, "but right now I just want to cuddle with you."

Soobin's cheeks flushed red, flustered as his heartbeat paced faster. 

"You're so cute when you get shy," Yeonjun cooed, pinching Soobin's soft cheeks as the younger whined.

"Hyung stop," Soobin pouted, lightly slapping Yeonjun's prying hands away from his face before scooting over to the far end of the couch and hiding his face into the pillow.

Yeonjun chuckled, sliding over next to the younger and engulfing him in a hug. "If I can get another kiss maybe I'll stop pinching your cheeks."

Soobin lifted his head from where it was buried in the pillow and gave him an 'are you kidding' look. "We already made out like three times in one day."

Yeonjun mischievously grinned before using both hands to squish Soobin's cheeks so that he couldn't move his face. "Was that a yes?"

"Don't-"

Soobin was cut off by Yeonjun pressing his lips onto the younger's. He could feel himself melt into the kiss, as their mouths perfectly molded together. They were so into the kiss that they hadn't noticed Huening Kai watching them with a look of shock. 

"What are you guys doing?" 

Startled, they both jumped away from each other pretending that they didn't just each others faces off a minute ago. 

"I can explain," Yeonjun panted, standing up to walk over to the younger.

Huening Kai shook his head whilst backing away. Traumatised at the sight of seeing two people that he looked up to do something they weren't supposed to be doing. "Don't-don't come any closer."

"Huening Kai," Yeonjun pleaded.

This is what Soobin was afraid of, the members reacting harshly and treating him differently. He didn't want their maknae to resent him. He wanted him to understand.

"I'm gon-gonna go ba-back to sleep," the raven-haired boy nervously jittered, shakily opening the bedroom door before shutting it.

"," Yeonjun swore, running a hand through his hair.

"He's just scared and confused," Soobin justified, his voice wavering not even believing his own words.

"What should we say to him?" Yeonjun asked, spinning around to face a distressed Soobin. 

"We should try and explain to him," Soobin said, rocking back and forth on the couch.

Yeonjun groaned. "I didn't think he was going to react that way."

After a beat of silence, Soobin glanced at Yeonjun. "Maybe we should head back to the room and go back to sleep? Hopefully when we wake up, it won't be as bad."

"Yeah good idea," Yeonjun nodded, silently praying that Huening Kai would be okay.

 

It was ten times worse when they woke up. Huening Kai hadn't came out for breakfast and was nowhere to be seen the whole day just as if he was avoiding them purposefully.

"So he really saw you guys making out?" Beomgyu whispered, leaning in closer to Soobin.

"Yeah. Poor thing looked so terrified. I feel like a ty person for doing that in front of him," Soobin guiltily sighed, tugging on his hair.

Beomgyu comforted him. "Look I'm sure he just needs some time to process what he saw. Have you told Taehyun yet?"

Soobin shook his head, feeling even more guilty for leaving Taehyun out in the dust about what was going on. "No. I don't know when I should tell him with everything happening. Ugh, I feel like an awful leader."

"Hyung don't say that! You're not an awful leader. You're a great one even though you don't listen sometimes," Beomgyu teased, trying to lighten up the mood.

A laugh escaped Soobin's lips as he playfully pushed Beomgyu. "Thanks idiot."

 

They were currently in their waiting room—getting ready to record another stage on M Countdown. Soobin was keeping himself occupied by taking selcas on his phone since the fans had begged for him to upload more pictures of himself. Huening Kai had strayed away from them the whole day and kept to himself. It made Soobin worried as he was so used to seeing the younger full of life and happiness.

Yeonjun had plopped down next to him on the blanket with a soft smile. His hair neatly styled and tucked under a coral pink beret. "Have you been able to talk to Huening Kai?"

"Uh, not exactly," Soobin grimaced, putting the phone down. "he's been keeping his distance just like how I was with you."

Yeonjun sighed, pouting. "I miss hearing his cheery voice and playing stupid games with him."

Soobin mentally cooed at the older's cuteness before scooting over to him and secretly intertwining their hands together. "Everything will be okay."

Their cosy cuddling session was interrupted by their staff telling them they had to go on stage.

Yeonjun and Soobin sweetly smiled at each other before unlocking hands and standing up to get ready to perform.

Soobin just hoped their maknae didn't hate them.