Chapter Thirteen

Cloaked Heart

Heavy rain showered over him as Soobin slightly grimaced—his whole body soaked from head to toe. Maybe it was a bad idea to go out in the rain but he needed to find Yeonjun and apologize for acting like an idiot even if it meant coming down with a little cold; he'd survive. 

His vision was slight blurry, raindrops getting into his eyes as he halted deciding to call the older instead to save time. He clumsily fumbled around in his pocket resulting in his phone to fall onto the pavement. 

"," Soobin cursed, immediately bending down to pick up the phone which was now wet. He could feel his heart drop as he flipped his phone around and saw that the screen was cracked. 

Rising back up, he attempted to turn on his phone but it didn't turn on. The screen black. He could imagine manager hyung yelling at him for being reckless but it wasn't exactly his fault. The phone dropped out of his pocket.

"Soobin?"

The familiar voice made Soobin spin around to see that Yeonjun was standing a few metres away from him. He was also soaked too, his clothes stuck to his body.

"Hyung I'm sorry for being such a dumb idiot," Soobin's voice cracked as tears rolled down his cheeks—mixing with the rain.

Yeonjun playfully smiled, rolling his eyes before walking over to Soobin and gently wiping his tears away with his fingers. "You don't need to cry Soobin-ah."

Soobin shook his head whilst hiccuping. "I didn't wanna be mean to you. I just wanted to fix everything and I thought maybe if I kept telling myself that I didn't love you then soon I'd believe it."

The older was quiet, his chocolate-brown eyes locking with Soobin's. "That day..when you said you didn't love me-"

"I lied," Soobin cut in, tearily laughing. "I'm a horrible liar."

A small smile graced Yeonjun's lips as his fingers raked through strands of Soobin's matted hair. "I know."

Soobin slightly shivered, the feeling of Yeonjun touching him causing goosebumps to rise against his skin and also the fact that it was freezing cold. 

Yeonjun must have noticed Soobin shivering as he ped his hoodie and threw it over the youngers shoulders. "Come on, let's go somewhere warm to talk."

The action made Soobin's heart melt as he shyly nodded, following after Yeonjun into a nearby brightly lit café.

The bell on top of the glass door dinging as they both stepped inside. The place looked warm and cosy, most of the interior designed with wood. There was barely any customers which made Soobin feel better considering the fact that they were newly debuted idols.

"You go take a seat and I'll order," Yeonjun said, his eyes fixated on the menu above.

Soobin hummed before walking further down into the shop and choose a two seated table that was right against the window. He sat down whilst sliding Yeonjun's hoodie off of him and placing it on his lap.

Soobin was nervous and he didn't even know why. Maybe it was because he was planning to tell Yeonjun that he loved him back. He wasn't avid on talking about feelings but he knew that he couldn't hide any longer. It was now or never and he chose now.

"I didn't know what to get so I asked them to surprise us."

Soobin glanced at Yeonjun who was walking over to the table with two cups of coffee in his hands. 

Yeonjun handed Soobin a cup with a glint of mischievousness flashing in his eyes. "This one's for you."

The brown-haired boy threw him a suspicious and wary look before hesitantly reaching out to grab the cup. He pressed the cup against his lips, the sweet and milky taste filling his throat. Gently placing the cup back onto the table, he bit back a smile. "It's nice. Better than I expected."

"Good you like it," Yeonjun said, taking a sip of his own drink.

A minute of silence passed between them as they were both occupied on finishing their drinks. Yeonjun was dazedly staring out the window, watching the night sky whilst Soobin eyed him. 

"Beomgyu and Taehyun told me that manager hyung came to the park with you," Soobin brought up, causing Yeonjun to turn to stare at him.

Yeonjun nodded. "Yeah he did but I told him I wanted to be on my own even though he didn't think it was a good idea but I told him the reason why."

Soobin's eyes slowly widened as he blinked at Yeonjun. A look of panic etched on his features. "What reason did you tell him?"

Yeonjun noticed Soobin's change of demeanour, a chuckle escaping his lips. "Don't worry. I didn't tell him about..us. I just said we got into an argument and I needed some space to think but he gave me a curfew which was seven."

"It's past seven," Soobin nervously said, his leg bouncing up and down.

"Relax Soobinie. We won't be home that late," Yeonjun reassured, the nickname causing Soobin to blush.

"Since when did you have a nickname for me?" Soobin scoffed, changing the subject.

Yeonjun playfully winked. "Since now. Soobinie fits you."

"Hyung," Soobin whined, his lips forming a pout. "That's embarrassing. Don't call me that."

Yeonjun leaned forward, intensely gazing into Soobin's eyes. "Why not? It's cute."

Soobin timidly averted Yeonjun's gaze not realizing the older was leaning in until he felt another pair of lips connecting with his own.

The kiss only lasting a couple of seconds before Soobin pulled away—touching his lips like it was sacred. He stared at Yeonjun with wide eyes. "We c-can't kiss in public hyung."

"So what? If I wanna kiss you, I'll kiss you," Yeonjun nonchalantly shrugged, smiling.

Soobin rolled his eyes, leaning back into his seat. "What if..I don't want you to kiss me?"

Yeonjun bit his lips, raising an eyebrow at the younger. "Are you sure about that?"

Soobin hesitated, glancing at Yeonjun for a second before looking away and folding his arms—not saying anything.

Yeonjun frowned, sensing that something was troubling Soobin. "What's wrong? Is it because I kissed-"

"No of course not hyung. It's just," Soobin paused, conflicted. "I talked to Huening Kai today before I went out to find you."

Yeonjun's face slightly dropped at the mention of their maknae alone in a room with Soobin. "Oh."

Soobin blinked at him. "Hyung I don't like him in that way..you know that right?"

"I know. I just don't trust him alone with you," Yeonjun said, looking down at his cup.

Soobin reached over to grab Yeonjun's hand. "Huening Kai knows I love you and you only."

Yeonjun immediately looked up at Soobin, his eyes lighting up. "You..you love me?"

"Of course I do you idiot," Soobin beamed, his dimples on display.

The pair locked eyes for a while before Soobin realized that it was getting later. "We should head back now before manager hyung cuts our heads off."

Yeonjun grimaced, staring out the window. The rain had gotten heavier as it pattered against the windows. ", it's still raining."

"We can't walk in the rain. We'll end up getting sick," Soobin sighed, racking his head for an idea. "Maybe we could get an uber."

Yeonjun sheepishly stared at Soobin. "I spent the money that I had on our drinks."

Soobin narrowed his eyes at him. "Idiot."

"Yah, at least say thank you. Ungrateful brat," Yeonjun muttered under his breath.

Soobin stuck his tongue out at Yeonjun before standing up from his seat. "Well now we have no choice but to walk home in the rain. Here," he tossed the older his hoodie back. 

Yeonjun put his hoodie on before getting up and following after Soobin out of the shop. The rain instantly wetting them.

"Hold my hand."

Soobin cutely scrunched his face up, the rain getting in his eyes as he stared at Yeonjun with confusion. "What?"

Yeonjun didn't say anything as he laced his fingers with Soobin's causing the younger's heart to beat faster as they walked side by side with their hands intertwined.

"Hyung," Soobin timidly called out.

"Yes Soobinie," Yeonjun said.

Soobin smiled. "It does feel warmer."