Chapter Fifteen

Cloaked Heart

"What the hell is going on with each and every one of you?" Jaehyuk, their manager, shouted causing everyone especially Soobin to flinch as he ducked his head down—his gaze casted to the floor. Ever since that day Yeonjun and him came back late, their manager had been on their case twenty-four seven and it was hard to even get time for himself. If it wasn't stage promotions or interviews, they would be drowning in sweat from practicing their choreography or recording songs. Soobin was spending less time with Yeonjun—not out of choice. The only alone time they could get was bedtime. The younger would sneak into Yeonjun's bed and snuggle up with him.

Jaehyuk paced back and forth, his hands on his hips as curse words constantly spurred out of his mouth. "You haven't trained for years just to slack off. There's so many trainees that would kill to be in your position yet you take it for granted. Are you guys that lazy you can't-"

"I'm tired of this," Huening Kai snapped, resulting in Jaehyuk's mouth to snap shut in shock as everyone turned to stare at the maknae with wide eyes. Huening Kai had never talked back to his hyungs before or anyone in particular. 

"Be quiet Huening Kai," Beomgyu gritted through his teeth as he reached over to grab the raven-haired boy's wrist to prevent him from doing anything stupid.

"Yah..what did you just say?" Jaehyuk scoffed, throwing the younger a look of disbelief as Huening Kai stared him down.

"He-He didn't mean it. He's just tired," Soobin stuttered, apologizing for Huening Kai as he stepped forward and kept his head bowed.

"Don't speak for me. I'm not a kid," Huening Kai grunted, folding his arms and frowning at their leader who blinked at him with a look of hurt.

Taehyun sighed, shaking his head as he held Huening Kai back. "Just stop acting like a brat, please Kai-"

"We're all tired and wanna go back to the dorm," Yeonjun hissed, narrowing his eyes at Huening Kai who rolled his eyes.

Jaehyuk was silent as he glanced at the members before letting out a sigh. "Everyone go back to the dorm and take a rest. The car is outside to you."

A breath of relief escaped Soobin's lips as he slightly relaxed, the thought of him finally being able to lie down relaxing him.

Once Jaehyuk was out of the practice room, everyone immediately turned to stare at Huening Kai with disapproval.

"What the heck is your problem? You could have gotten us in trouble for your mouth," Beomgyu spat, his eyes full of anger.

"I'm sorry for having an opinion," Huening Kai retorted back, glaring into Beomgyu's brown eyes. They were so close to each other's faces that Soobin was scared they were going to break out into a fight as he walked over to intervene.

Soobin stretched a hand out between the pair. "Guys, let's just relax. Okay? Please."

Just when things were about to calm down, Yeonjun had to have the last word.

"You're seriously full of yourself."

Taehyun rapidly shook his head at Yeonjun, silently begging him to shut the hell up and leave things as they were but as stubborn as Yeonjun was, he provoked the younger even more.

"You're only acting like this because Soobin doesn't have feelings for you," Yeonjun stepped closer towards him. Their faces barely inches apart. "You're jealous and always will be."

"Hyung. Please let's not do this now," Soobin desperately pleaded, trying to pull Yeonjun away from Huening Kai but failed as the older was five times stronger than him.

Huening Kai's eyes flashed with hurt and pain as he chewed down on his bottom lip, his eyes starting to glisten with unshed tears. "That's..It's..It's not like that. I'm not jealous."

"You sure about that?" Yeonjun asked, adding fuel to the fire as Huening Kai couldn't take anymore of the olders harsh words and snapped.

"I hate you!" Huening Kai screamed, barging past Yeonjun and storming out of the practice room leaving everyone in stunned silence.

Soobin exasperatedly sighed, staring at Yeonjun with a look of sadness and disapproval. "Why'd you have to be like that?"

Just when he thought things were looking up.

"That was..mean hyung," Taehyun quietly said, hesitantly following after Huening Kai to make sure their maknae was okay after his outburst.

"I...." Yeonjun faintly whispered, running a hand through his hair.

"You didn't have to say that," Soobin frustratedly said, staring at Yeonjun who had his back to him.

He was conflicted whether or not he should run after the younger or let Taehyun comfort him. He knew how Yeonjun and Huening Kai were still fighting. They couldn't even stay in the same room without throwing harsh words at each other. It had come to a point that they had nearly gotten into another physical fight. It as scaring Soobin—witnessing two people who used to be close grow further and further apart.

Yeonjun slowly turned around, his eyes shiny with tears as he fiddled with his fingers. "I just get..mad sometimes and I snap. I'm sorry."

Soobin let out a sigh as he stepped closer to the older and grabbed his hands before caressing them in his own. "Hyung like I said, you know I only have feelings for you and that's not gonna change. Just please if something's wrong, come and talk to me instead of lashing out."

Before Yeonjun could say anything, Taehyun hurriedly burst into the practice room—his eyes wide with panic. 

"Hyungs you need to come! It's Huening Kai and Beomgyu!"

Soobin's hand slipped away from Yeonjun's as he rushed out of the room, following after Taehyun who lead him into a different room where Beomgyu and Huening Kai were screaming at each other.

"You have to tell him or else!"

"Or else what, hyung?"

"Why do you have to be like this? Why did you have to stick your nose in a place that's not yours?"

"It was a mistake!"

Yeonjun frowned, stepping into the room. "What the hell is going on?"

Beomgyu took the opportunity to come out with the truth as he glanced at Soobin who stared back at him with confusion. "Huening Kai deleted your mom's number from your phone," his face saddening, "that's why you haven't been getting any calls from her lately."

Everything went dead as everyone's eyes were on Soobin who's mouth was agape in shock. He slightly stumbled backwards whilst letting out a shaky breath as if someone had punched him in the face twice.

All week Soobin had anticipated for his mom to call him since she promised but sadly he hadn't received a call from her. When he had tried to call her, he stopped himself and silently made himself believe that his mom didn't wanna speak to him.

All this time Huening Kai had tried to sabotage his relationship with his mom. There was only one question in his mind.

"Why?"

Huening Kai nervously gazed down at the floor—guilt starting to overwhelm him. "I was angry and I..did something I shouldn't have."

"That's not all," Beomgyu added, harshly elbowing Huening Kai who grimaced.

"I-I told your mom that you like boys," Huening Kai stuttered.

Anger flooded Soobin's body as he clenched his jaw. "Who gave you the right to tell my mom that? How could you Huening Kai? How could you do this to me?"

Huening Kai shook his head, tears escaping his eyes. "N-No hyung I didn't mean to. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I was just mad that you chose Yeonjun-"

"Are you ing kidding me?" Yeonjun exclaimed, scoffing at the younger's childish and immature behavior.

Huening Kai glared at Yeonjun, his eyes dark. "If you..if you-"

"If I what?" Yeonjun challenged, folding his arms and waiting for Huening Kai to finish his sentence. 

"If you had just left Soobin hyung alone, we'd be together," Huening Kai angrily spat.

Soobin continuously shaking his head whilst backing away. "I-I can't do this. I can't."

Taehyun pleadingly watched the older rush out of the room leaving behind a tense atmosphere. Everyone's eyes bore into Huening Kai.

"How could you be so inconsiderate and selfish?" Yeonjun hissed, his eyes forming slits. He didn't think their maknae would stoop this low just to get what he wanted. Everyone knew how Soobin's mom was a sensitive topic.

"I did it for him," Huening Kai weakly convinced.

Yeonjun was silent for a moment before shaking his head. His voice low. "No you did it for yourself."