Chapter Eighteen

Cloaked Heart

Huening Kai brought his knees up to his chest as he loudly sobbed. He didn't even know where he was. All he remembered was being brought to a dark and half-empty house. They had forced him into a dimly-lit room before locking the door. Huening Kai didn't understand what they wanted from him. He just wanted to go home and tell everyone he was sorry for going behind Soobin's back and being a bad maknae. He would even make up with Yeonjun if he could just go home and see their faces again. He missed everyone.

Laughter echoed throughout the house. Huening Kai assumed they were having a party since earlier the red-haired boy had mentioned that he was going to throw a party. Huening Kai had tried to refuse the invitation but only angered him. That was when he was brought here by force.

Rocking back and forth, Huening Kai racked his brain for an idea. He had to escape. Their managers would be worried about him and surely send a search party for him. Maybe he could try his phone again even though there wasn't any cell reception.

Shakily, he clumsily fumbled around his pockets for his phone before fishing it out and holding it up to his eyes. He quickly punched in his passcode before he swiped over to his contacts list. He wasn't sure who to call or if it would even work. Sighing, he decided to call Beomgyu. Even though they weren't on good terms, he was too scared to even care.

He went on his knees whilst holding his phone up. 

"Hello? Huening Kai?"

Huening Kai let out a cry of relief before pressing the phone to his ear. "Hyung I'm so scared. Please come and get me. Please."

"Wait, hold up Huening Kai. Where are you firstly?" Beomgyu worriedly asked.

Huening Kai squeezed his eyes shut, trying to remember where this part of Seoul was. "I-I don't know hyung. I have a GPS track on my-"

The door to the room swung open revealing the same red-haired boy before. Huening Kai had learnt his name was Sunwoo.

Trembling, Huening Kai stared up at Sunwoo with wide eyes whilst gripping the phone tightly.

"Huening Kai? Why aren't you answering? Yah!"

Sunwoo narrowed his eyes at him, holding his hand out. "Pass me the phone."

Huening Kai shook his head, tears slipping out of his eyes. "N-No please. I just..I just wanna go home."

"You're not going home," Sunwoo grunted, marching over to the raven-haired boy and harshly snatching the phone out of his hands. He dropped it on the floor before stepping on it repeatedly. The loud crunch of the device breaking to pieces causing Huening Kai to grimace and flinch.

"Please..just let me go home," Huening Kai begged again, sobbing.

Sunwoo stared down at him, a smirk playing on his face. "You're here to have fun and party not cry like a baby unless," he paused, biting his lip, "unless you wanna stay up here all night and miss out on the fun?"

Huening Kai silently weighed his options. It was either be holed up in these four walls or go downstairs and try to discreetly find a way to escape. 

Wiping away his tears, Huening Kai blinked up at Sunwoo. "N-No I wanna have fun."

Sunwoo grinned. "That's more like it."

 

"I can't believe this is happening!" Beomgyu screeched, pacing around their dorm as Soobin, Yeonjun and Taehyun silently stared at him. Their faces ridden with the guilt for the way they've treated their maknae these past couple of days. Maybe if Soobin had put his personal problems aside and forgave Huening Kai, this wouldn't have happened. 

"Manager hyungs are doing the best they can trying to look for him," Taehyun reassured, standing up to place a comforting hand on Beomgyu's shoulder.

Beomgyu slightly tensed, shrugging off of Taehyun's arm causing the younger to sadly look down at the floor.

Things had been awkward ever since that moment with the girl. It was hard for Beomgyu to talk to Taehyun or let him touch him without thinking if there's a meaning behind it. Right now, all he cared about was finding Huening Kai and bringing him back home safely.

Everyone had been alerted of the situation. The BigHit staff and BTS.

"It's my fault. I should have just," Soobin stopped, his voice breaking as he cried, "I should have forgave him."

Yeonjun shook his head and caressed Soobin's hands whilst his hair. "Don't worry Soobinie we're gonna find him."

"We just have to wait," Taehyun firmly said, sitting back down onto the couch with his hands on his lap.

"We don't have time to just sit around," Beomgyu frustratedly snapped.

Yeonjun sighed, it was hard watching Beomgyu like this. "Beomgyu just please relax. He-"

"Don't tell me to relax!" Beomgyu yelled causing everyone to stare at him wide shocked eyes. He had never yelled at anyone before. "You weren't there when he called me. He sounded so terrified and desperate. It didn't even sound like him."

The living room was quiet as no one said a word, the reality of this situation hitting everyone with full force. If they couldn't find Huening Kai, Soobin didn't know what he was gonna do.

 

"Do you think we should go over there for support?" Jungkook asked, worriedly chewing on his bottom lip as he watched Namjoon type away on his phone.

Namjoon distractedly nodded. "Uh yeah, just wait a sec. I'm trying to get updates from the staff," he paused, squinting his eyes closely to the screen. "It seems like people are saying they last saw Huening Kai around 6pm which means he's not far."

"This is seriously scary. Poor kid," Jimin slightly pouted, his voice full of sympathy as he cuddled closer to Jungkook who was staring into space.

After a beat of silence, Jungkook stared at the pair. "I'm going over there to make sure they're alright. Tell the other hyungs."

Jimin nodded also standing up and slipping on his shoes. "I'm coming with you. They must be scared. They need all the support they could get."

Namjoon slipped his phone in pocket before following after Jimin and Jungkook. "I texted the other hyungs to meet us at TXT's dorm after their schedules."