Chapter Fourteen

Cloaked Heart

"He went to the park with mana-"

Before Beomgyu could finish his sentence, he watched the older rush out of their dorm with wide eyes. 

Taehyun raised an eyebrow, staring at Beomgyu expectantly. "Where do you think he's rushing to?"

"Probably to see Yeonjun hyung," Beomgyu answered, shrugging whilst spanning his attention back to the movie that was playing. All he knew was that they had another argument and Yeonjun had said he needed time to clear his head. 

Taehyun chewed on his bottom lip, eyeing Beomgyu despite the older keeping his gaze on the television. Despite them going back to the way they were, he felt like he was missing something. They had still never talked about that day when Taehyun told him about his feelings. It hurt him having to pretend like it never happened. He couldn't control the way he felt about Beomgyu.

"Hyung."

Beomgyu hummed, their eyes meeting. "Yes?"

"Are we gonna keep pretending like it never happened?" Taehyun hesitantly asked, nervously fiddling with his fingers.

Beomgyu could feel his breath hitch in his throat as he looked away, slightly coughing whilst covering his mouth. "Wh-what are you talking about?"

That was a lie. Beomgyu knew exactly what he was talking about but chose not to speak about it because he wasn't ready to tell Taehyun how he felt. What if it changed the next day? What if his feelings went away? He didn't want to disappoint the younger by admitting something he wasn't even sure about himself.

Taehyun let out an annoyed huff. "The day I told you I liked you, remember?"

"Ah.." Beomgyu quietly breathed, sheepishly scratching the back of his neck. 

Taehyun rolled his eyes as he stood up—the pillow that he was holding, slipped out of his hands. "I'm gonna take a nap."

Beomgyu didn't want him to go as he straightened up and reached over to grab Taehyun, holding him back from leaving. "I'm sorry..if I upset you Taehyun-ah. Just stay," he pointed at the television, "we haven't finished the movie yet."

Taehyun silently stared down at him before slowly nodding and lowering himself back into his seat on the couch.

"Hyung, you're still holding on to my wrist," Taehyun said after a few minutes.

Beomgyu slightly jolted as he quickly let go of Taehyun's wrist. "Sorry."

His cheeks flushed red as his body tensed in embarrassment. It wasn't like he intentionally held onto Taehyun's wrist. He must have not noticed.

Taehyun held back a smile from stretching across his lips as he leaned back into the couch, fixating his eyes on the movie they were watching. 

 

Huening Kai sighed as he cuddled into Soobin's favorite plushie. When Soobin wasn't around, he would opt in cuddling the soft plushie. It made him feel better.

He just wished that he was the one that Soobin loved. Not Yeonjun. He wanted the older all to himself but Yeonjun was always in the way. He tried to be happy for Soobin but he couldn't. All he could feel was sadness and regret for waiting too long to talk about the way he felt. Maybe if he had approached Soobin first, they'd be together.

He hated watching the couple flirt, it made his blood boil. It should have been him. 

It should have been him.

 

"I wonder if Yeonjun and Soobin are okay," Beomgyu worriedly said, watching the heavy rain patter against their windows.

"Their with manager hyung. I'm sure they'll be fine," Taehyun reassured, walking over to comfort Beomgyu oblivious to Huening Kai entering the living room.

"Are they still not back yet?" Huening Kai asked, rubbing his eyes whilst stepping into the kitchen and opening the fridge before pulling out a carton of apple juice.

Beomgyu and Taehyun exchanged a knowing glance before turning around to face Huening Kai.

Taehyun nervously stared at the boy, afraid to ask. "Did you tell Soobin yet?"

Huening Kai halted, slowly placing the glass back onto the table. "No..I didn't get a chanc-"

"What do you mean you didn't get a chance?" Beomgyu snapped, running a hand through his hair. "If he finds out what you did from someone else it'll ruin him."

Taehyun tried to calm the older down by gently placing a hand on his shoulder. "Hyung relax."

Huening Kai spun around to glare at the pair. "He won't  find out because you're not gonna say anything to him about it."

Beomgyu gaped at him, scoffing. "Are you kidding me? You're asking me to keep this from him?"

"Huening Kai," Taehyun started, shaking his head. "We can't keep this from him. It's not right. What if she calls him?"

"Don't worry I blocked the number and deleted it when he was occupied," Huening Kai slowly said.

Beomgyu was ready to pounce on the younger but was once again held back Taehyun who threw him a pleading look. 

"This is all gonna blow up on your face Huening Kai," Beomgyu seethed.

Huening Kai stepped closer to Beomgyu, their faces practically inches apart. "Like I said he won't find out because we're gonna keep this between us."

Beomgyu pursed his lips as he stared into Huening Kai's dark brown irises.

Huening Kai was never really sorry.