Chapter Eight

Cloaked Heart

Soobin couldn't remember the last time he even had a proper sleep. He would stay up overthinking about everything and anything. With everything occurring, he hadn't had a good night's sleep for days and it was affecting his energy. Their dance instructor would scold him saying how he wasn't trying enough or putting effort but little did he know how much Soobin was forcing himself to be the best he could with what was going on between him and the others. 

Every single day was getting harder. Huening Kai couldn't even make eye contact with him or wouldn't even address him properly whilst Taehyun would stay quiet and it hurt. Hurt like hell.

Yeonjun and Soobin were spending less time with each other which took a toll on their relationship. Whenever they would make eye contact, Yeonjun looked as if he wanted to say something but was scared. Soobin missed him. Missed his touches. His lips. His everything. Huening Kai and Taehyun were ignoring Soobin and treating him as if he wasn't a member. 

Beomgyu was the only one who supported them throughout the way. He had tried to talk to the two youngest members but they were stubborn and didn't want to listen to what the auburn-haired boy had to say.

"Here," Beomgyu handed him a chocolate bar, "you need to eat something. You look like death."

Usually Soobin would laugh at Beomgyu's dry humour but instead he just silently took the chocolate bar whilst keeping his gaze on the floor.

"Me and Yeonjun are," Soobin paused, chewing on his bottom lip as tears gathered in his eyes. It pained him to even talk about it. "on a break."

Beomgyu stared at Soobin, empathetic for the older. "Just know that he's doing this because he cares about you."

Soobin nodded, trying to hold himself from having a mental breakdown. 

"Crying again?" Huening Kai mocked, a scowl on his face as he stared down at Beomgyu and Soobin.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes. "Stop, Huening Kai."

Ignoring Beomgyu, Huening Kai lowered down onto his knees to stare into Soobin's teary wide eyes. "You're pathetic hyung."

Soobin didn't utter a word, keeping eye contact with the raven-haired boy. He was too weak to defend himself or even tell the younger off. He had stopped fighting. 

"Yah, don't speak to him like that," Beomgyu grunted, pushing Huening Kai causing him to fall out of balance and land on his hands.

Huening Kai snapped his neck towards Beomgyu, throwing a mean glare at him. "Why are you even defending him? He's in the wrong! He's doing the wrong thing? Why am I...why am I the one who's in trouble?! Why-"

"Enough!" Soobin shouted, the arguing pair stopping to stare at him with shock.

Soobin stood up. He had enough of hearing the two constantly fight because of him. It was his fault they were like this. His fault for letting the way he felt about Yeonjun get the best of him. It had made him blind and forget what he had trained years for. To debut. To be loved by the world. To be somebody. "Huening Kai's right. I'm selfish and I'm in the wrong. I..I don't want to get in the way anymore."

Beomgyu blinked at him, mouth slightly agape. "Soobin hyung-"

"Beomgyu, it's okay. I'm going to fix everything," Soobin shakily said, wiping the tears away with the back of his hand.

The brown-haired boy rushed out of the practice room, barging past Yeonjun and Taehyun who were out talking in the hallway with serious expressions. They were both taken aback by Soobin rushing past them sobbing.

"Soobin!" Yeonjun worriedly called out, watching the younger storm out of the building.

"What should we do?" Taehyun unsurely asked, turning to stare at Yeonjun who looked conflicted whether or not to after Soobin.

"I know what I'm going to do," Yeonjun grunted, his eyes darkening as he spun around on his heels and headed towards the direction of the practice room where he marched inside with Taehyun following after him; trying to catch up with his fast strides.

"Yeonjun hyung don't do anything stupid," Taehyun pleaded, panting.

Yeonjun kept quiet as he walked over to Huening Kai and grabbed him by his shirt. Their maknae taken by surprise.

"You little . What the  did you say to Soobin?" Yeonjun yelled, tightening his grip on Huening Kai's shirt.

Huening Kai struggled to breathe, as he tried pulling Yeonjun's hand off of him. "I-I didn-"

"Hyung stop you're strangling him!"

"Let go Yeonjun you're hurting him!"

Taehyun and Beomgyu rushed over to the pair before tugging Yeonjun away from Huening Kai. Yeonjun kept his grip on the younger, anger overpowering his body.

"Is it so wrong to be in love? Why can't me and Soobin be together if we love each other? You don't understand anything!" Yeonjun spat, ignoring Taehyun and Beomgyu who were yelling at him and trying to pull him off.

Huening Kai tried to shake his head with all the strength he had left. "You and Soobin can-can't be together. You're not good enough for him."

Yeonjun scoffed, gritting his teeth. "And you are?"

"If it wasn't for you me and Soobin would be together!" Huening Kai snapped, causing everyone in the room to stop.

Yeonjun slowly released Huening Kai's shirt out of his grip as the younger dropped to the ground on his hands whilst wheezing and holding his chest.

"W-what?" Beomgyu stammered, not understanding if he heard correctly.

"Wait.." Taehyun started, glaring down at Huening Kai. "you made me do this because of a stupid crush."

"You..you.." Yeonjun stuttered, bursting into tears as he backed away, a wave of nausea hitting him. All this time they had thought that Huening Kai and Taehyun hated them but really Huening Kai had did this because he was jealous. Jealous that Soobin loved Yeonjun.

"I..I liked him since we were trainees and when we debuted I finally thought I could tell him how I felt and then..he started becoming closer with you and I couldn't..I couldn't take it. It was making me crazy. I had to do something to break you guys apart," Huening Kai explained, quivering.

Everyone couldn't believe what they were hearing. Huening Kai had feelings for Soobin all along? It didn't make sense how you could do that to someone that you supposedly claimed to like. It didn't seem right.

"You're to blame if anything happens to Soobin," Yeonjun hissed before storming out of the practice room and running out of the building to find the younger. Pulling his phone out of his back pocket, he unlocked and quickly tried to call Soobin but it went straight to voicemail.

He had to find him. He had to.

 

"How could you?" Beomgyu seethed, furrowing his eyebrows at Huening Kai.

Huening Kai averted their gazes, looking away. "I'm sorry."

"You made me hate Soobin hyung because things weren't going your way with him," Taehyun accused, folding his arms.

"I just wanted.." Huening Kai stopped, shaking his head. 

"Grow up Huening Kai. The world doesn't work that way. You don't get to ruin other people's lives and relationships just because someone doesn't feel the same way about you," Beomgyu yelled before angrily fleeing out of the practice room. 

It was just Huening Kai and Taehyun left. The silence suffocating as the pair just stared at each other. Taehyun not recognizing the person he was staring at.

"You need to fix things. Now," Taehyun said before walking out of the practice room.

Huening Kai cried as he pulled his knees to his chest whilst resting his head on the top the of his knees. He knew he had ruined things and he didn't know how he was going to fix it.