Chapter Nineteen

Cloaked Heart

 

There was a knock on the door as Beomgyu stopped talking. Silence filled the tense living room as Soobin's crying quietened down. Everyone's eyes were fixated on the door.

"Wh-Who do you think that is?" Taehyun stuttered, nervously swallowing as he wrapped an arm around himself.

"I have no idea but we might as well check just in case it could be Huening Kai," Beomgyu slowly said whilst walking over to the door. Hesitantly resting his hand on the doorknob. 

Yeonjun worriedly stared at Beomgyu who was getting ready to open the door. "Be careful. It could be anyone."

Beomgyu nodded, taking a deep breath before flinging the door open to reveal Namjoon, Jungkook and Jimin standing there. Immediately his eyes widened in shock as he didn't expect their sunbaenims to turn up at the dorm so suddenly.

"H-Hyung.." Beomgyu stammered, starstruck as he rapidly blinked at them. 

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, a smile playing on his lips. "Are you gonna let us in?"

Beomgyu snapped out of his daze trance and instantly moved aside to make way, his head bowed in embarrassment. This wasn't the right moment to fanboy. Right now, they needed to be focused on finding Huening Kai and bringing him back home. For all they know, he could be anywhere.

Taehyun, Soobin and Yeonjun quickly shot up from their seats on the couch and hastily started to bow. Taken aback, Jimin put his hand out to stop them whilst shaking his head. "No! It's alright guys. You don't need to be formal. We're not here to give you advice but to support you."

Namjoon nodded, taking over from Jimin. "We know that Huening Kai is missing and how hard it's been so we thought that we could go find him ourselves."

Soobin frowned, his face scrunching up in confusion as he scratched the back of his head. "Ah..how? We don't..exactly know where he is."

"We can st-"

"I think I know where he is," Taehyun blurted out, guiltily looking down at the floor for keeping quiet for so long. The last thing that Huening Kai told him was that he didn't want the others to find him and he just wanted some time to himself for a while. Of course, he was scared that the younger would say such a thing but at the same time Huening Kai had begged him to not tell anyone where he went. He didn't want to go against their maknae's wish and opted in staying silent about his whereabouts this whole time. He didn't think that Huening Kai would go missing for so long or else he would have said something and prevented all of this.

Eyes were on Taehyun as he anxiously lifted his head up to meet Namjoon's eyes. "I..he begged for me to not tell anyone. He said he was coming back..he said," Taehyun stopped, his breathing starting to become uneven as he began to hyperventilate causing everyone to rush over to aid him.

"Taehyun!" Beomgyu cried, running over to the younger and wrapping his arms around him. 

"Soobin-ah go get him some water," Jimin instructed looking over at the distressed brown-haired boy as Soobin quickly nodded immediately obeying.

"I'm..I'm..sorry," Taehyun hoarsely breathed, tears rising up in his eyes as he could feel his knees give in. Beomgyu and Yeonjun safely guided him to the couch whilst embracing and comforting the younger.

Jungkook kneeled down in front of Taehyun, grabbing his hands and intertwining them with his own. The sweet action slightly making Beomgyu feel weird as he stared down at their linked hands. He bit down on his bottom lip and ignored the pang in his chest. It wasn't the time to feel jealous and overthink things.

"We're going to find him," Jungkook firmly said, giving Taehyun's hand a gentle squeeze.

Yeonjun disconnected himself with what was going on as his eyes slowly trailed over to the half shut kitchen door. The younger hadn't returned with the water yet and it made him feel worried. 

Jimin noticed how distracted Yeonjun was and placed a hand on his knee. "Go to him."

Yeonjun jolted at the sudden contact, blinking down at Jimin. His cheeks beginning to bloom red at the way Jimin was staring at him as if he knew everything Yeonjun was thinking. 

He didn't say anything as he nodded, slipping his arms away from Taehyun and hesitantly making his way into the kitchen where he shut the door behind him. Turning around, he could feel his heart break as he saw Soobin hunched over the counter with his head buried in his arms. Light sobs escaped his mouth as his shoulder slightly shook.

Yeonjun knew how much pressure and guilt Soobin was feeling right now. He agreed that he should have treated Huening Kai better and ignoring him wasn't the right thing to do. It was mean and he regretted the way he's been with Huening Kai these past few weeks. He would do anything to bring the younger back. 

"Soobin," Yeonjun gently called out, walking over to Soobin and leaning onto him. 

The brown-haired boy didn't flinch as he felt Yeonjun's warm embrace. 

He hated himself for treating their maknae like crap. If only he had tried to find a place in his heart to forgive Huening Kai, this wouldn't have happened but no he let his stupid anger and hurt get in the way. It resulted in him completely ignore Huening Kai for days. 

"It's my fault that he's gone. He felt so alone and I..I..made him feel that way," Soobin sobbed, his eyes squeezed shut.

Yeonjun started to tear up at the fragility in Soobin's voice. He slowly Soobin's hair and pressed a kiss on top of his head. "It's not your fault so stop blaming yourself Soobinie. We're going to find him and bring him back. So please don't hate on yourself for this."

Soobin became quiet as he lifted his head up causing Yeonjun to slightly move. The younger stared into Yeonjun's teary and shiny eyes. "Do..do..you think I'm a bad leader?"

Yeonjun's eyes widened in shock. "Of course not Soobin! You're not a bad leader so don't ever ever think that," he cupped Soobin's face in his hands, "okay?"

Soobin chewed on his bottom lip. "Okay."

 

 

"I wanna go home," Huening Kai whimpered, wrapping his arms around his knees as Sunwoo let out an annoyed grunt before slamming his hand against the wall causing the raven-haired younger to flinch in fear.

Sunwoo deeply inhaled, closing his eyes for a second before snapping them back open and rubbing his hurt hand. "You're not going home. What part don't you get?"

Huening Kai didn't understand what the red-haired boy wanted from him. 

Sunwoo's friends either averted their gazes and distracted themselves with something else or stayed quiet afraid to anger Sunwoo even more. He had a bad temper and they knew it wasn't wise to piss him off.

"Wh..why?" Huening Kai sniffled, rocking back and forth.

The living room was silent as Sunwoo stared down at Huening Kai's curled up form. "I need a new friend."