Chapter Seven

Cloaked Heart

Everyone was exhausted and tired when they returned to their dorm from their stage promotions for their debut. Soobin quietly yawned as he shut the door behind him once all the members had stepped in. Right now, all he wanted to do was just get under his covers and sleep which he knew was merely possible considering with everything going on. 

"Huening Kai, can we speak?" Yeonjun asked, his voice breaking the silent atmosphere. 

The raven-haired boy stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around to face Yeonjun with a scowl. "No I don't wanna speak to you or Soobin hyung."

"Huening Kai don't say that," Beomgyu sighed, fed up of the way their maknae was behaving.

Taehyun looked utterly bewildered as his gaze flickered back and forth between Yeonjun and Huening Kai who were practically having a staring contest. "Speak about what? Did something happen?"

"No, he's just a bit upset right now," Soobin nervously lied, fiddling with his fingers.

"Don't lie to Taehyun hyung. He needs to know the truth," Huening Kai snapped, folding his arms whilst throwing a glare at Soobin.

Soobin rapidly shook his head, his eyes widening. "Huening Kai, don't."

He didn't want the younger to find out like this. He wanted to tell Taehyun himself.

"Wh-what is he talking about?" Taehyun stuttered, spanning his attention to Soobin who averted his questioning gaze.

Yeonjun chewed on his bottom lip, afraid to face the confused younger.

Neither said a word as the dorm was deathly silent. Soobin didn't want it to turn out like this, he should have thought this through. How could he have ever thought being in relationship whilst being a leader of an idol group would ever work? He was stupid. Stupid. To believe that they wouldn't face consequences. 

"Soobin and Yeonjun are sleeping with each other," Huening Kai blurted, the explicit words coming out of the youngers mouth causing everyone to snap their necks towards him with shock and utter disbelief.

"No no no! We're not sleeping with each other!" Soobin denied, his voice rising an octave higher.

Beomgyu groaned, facepalming himself. "Huening Kai you're an idiot."

"Whoa, we are not sleeping with each other," Yeonjun scoffed, taken aback that their maknae would think that. 

Taehyun was quiet, his mind becoming dizzy from trying to handle what was being said.

"Then why were you kissing each other last night, huh? I bet this has been happening for months now," Huening Kai accused, glowering at the pair.

"Just please let us explain," Soobin begged, tears forming in his eyes. He was becoming stressed.

"You're really going to jeopardize everything that we worked for over your stupid relationship," Taehyun grunted, causing everyone to stop talking and stare at the wide-eyed boy.

Taehyun's words were cutting into him deeply.

He was right. He was selfish for putting his feelings first.

"It's not like that," Yeonjun argued, furrowing his eyebrows. Frustration overcoming him.

"Then please elaborate hyung. Tell us what the actual hell is going on between you two," Huening Kai inclined.

Yeonjun and Soobin shared a glance of uncertainty. That was the problem. They still hadn't figured out what they were.

"See you don't even know yourself. What if this a one time thing?" Taehyun exclaimed.

Soobin gnawed on his bottom lip, not knowing how to respond. He didn't even know how to feel. His emotions were all over the place. "I-"

"Just admit it! Admit you're selfish!" Huening Kai gritted, anger flooding his body.

"Guys let's just all take a breather. Everyone's just confused and tired right now," Beomgyu intervened, staring at each and every member.

"What's there to be confused about? Soobin and Yeonjun only care about themselves," Taehyun retorted.

"Taehyun, you know that's not true," Yeonjun said, his voice trembling.

"Whatever. I'm done with this conversation," Huening Kai grumbled, storming into their bedroom. Taehyun immediately following after him leaving Beomgyu, Yeonjun and Soobin in the living room.

Tears rolled down Soobin's cheeks as he casted his gaze to the floor. "They're right. I'm selfish."

"They're just shocked and are having a hard time understanding," Beomgyu comforted, his tone sincere.

"I don't know what to do anymore," Yeonjun weakly said, flopping down onto the couch; his head in his hands.

Soobin sat down next to him before lacing their hands together. "Me either."

Beomgyu plopped down next to Soobin. "I'll try and talk to them since we're closer in age."

"Thanks Beomgyu," Soobin feebly smiled, not having the strength to be positive anymore. He didn't want their maknae to feel resentment towards them.

 

Once it was just Yeonjun and Soobin left in the living room, Soobin turned to the older; his brown eyes sparkling with tears. "Do you think we're doing the right thing?"

Yeonjun stared at Soobin. "What do you mean?"

Soobin sighed, shrugging. "Us. Being together."

The older was silent, the atmosphere between them tense as Yeonjun slipped his hands out of Soobin's. 

"I don't know anymore."

Soobin let out a shaky breath as he slowly looked away. He was afraid that they were going to start doubting themselves and their relationship or whatever they had wouldn't work out.

"Maybe we should take a break for a while just until Huening Kai and Taehyun cool off," Yeonjun quietly suggested, even though he didn't want to.

"M-maybe we sh-should," Soobin's voice cracked, tears rolling down his cheeks.

He didn't want it to be this way but they had no choice. They had just debuted and were already gaining fame. He didn't want to hold the group back because of the way he felt about Yeonjun even if that meant sacrificing his happiness.