Chapter Twelve

Cloaked Heart

"Soobin."

"Soobin."

The brown-haired boy jolted awake, his eyes snapping open as he saw Yeonjun standing over him with a look of worry. It took Soobin a few minutes to fully wake up as he silently tugged his sheets off his body before climbing out of bed—completely ignoring Yeonjun who was watching him.

"Manager hyung says we have to meet him at the practice room," Yeonjun said, trying to fill in the tense silence that was practically suffocating. 

"Thanks for telling me," Soobin nonchalantly replied, the expression on his face blank and stone cold. He didn't want to act this way towards the older but he knew that this was the only way for them to progress as a group and move forward. This relationship that he had with Yeonjun was causing problems. Not just for him but for everyone. 

Yeonjun folded his arms, scoffing at Soobin. "Why are you being like this? Can't you just talk to me like a normal person?"

"Well..we aren't normal people," Soobin shot back, causing Yeonjun's brown eyes to widen.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Soobin slowly shook his head, not wanting the argument to worsen as he opted in keeping quiet and continuing to make his bed. Yeonjun was standing behind him, tears welling in his eyes as he chewed on his bottom lip. "Please..Soobin. Don't be like this."

The younger hesitated, stopping to deeply inhale. He could tell that Yeonjun was hurting so badly. Soobin just wanted to turn around and kiss the living hell out of him but he knew that he couldn't. He had to stick to the plan. The plan that they would all thank him for later.

"I'm not being like anything. Just plain old Soobin," Soobin shrugged, his tone unwavering. 

Yeonjun shakily sighed, slowly spinning around to walk out of their bedroom leaving Soobin alone. 

Soobin dropped onto his bed, pulling his favorite blue plushie close to his chest as he squeezed his eyes shut. He was conflicted knowing that at the same time he could stop acting like this but then he was scared. Scared that their love wouldn't last and it would jeopardize everything that they had trained years for. He couldn't sacrifice everyone's dreams for his feelings towards Yeonjun. It wasn't right and it didn't feel right knowing that anyone could find out about their relationship. It terrified him.

"Hyung."

Soobin opened his eyes and slightly sat up as he blinked at Huening Kai who was standing in the doorway. This was the first time in a while that Huening Kai had addressed him without being mean. It made him feel happy knowing that Huening Kai was finally being himself again but at the same time he felt strange as he was aware of the fact that their maknae had feelings towards him. Feelings that he couldn't return.

"Can I sit?" Huening Kai uncertaintly asked, moving towards Soobin's bed. 

Soobin nodded, adjusting his body into a sitting position as Huening Kai sat on the edge of his bed whilst nervously fiddling with his fingers. "What's wrong?"

Soobin was already aware of what Huening Kai was going to say but chose to pretend that he didn't know. He knew that if he told the younger that he already knew, Huening Kai would be mad at the other members which would result in another argument..caused by him. Once again.

"I.." Huening Kai whispered, his voice trembling as he stared at the floor. Too anxious to look the older in the eyes. "I'm sorry for acting that way towards you. I've been a horrible dongsaeng and it wasn't fair on you. I know how stressed you've been especially with our debut and everything. I was only making things harder for you and I'm..sorry hyung."

The room was silent as Soobin processed Huening Kai's words, the annoyance that he felt against the younger dissipating. "I forgive you," he reached over to grab Huening Kai's hand and hold it in his own. "I know that what you saw must have made you feel angry and I'm sorry for putting Yeonjun above you guys."

"It's okay hyung. I wasn't angry just hurt. I've realized how much you really like Yeonjun and I've probably ruined that now," Huening Kai glumly sighed.

Soobin couldn't let the younger think that it was his fault. "No, of course you didn't ruin anything. There wasn't really much to begin with. I mean..it's all over now so-"

"Wa-wait, what do you me-mean?" Huening Kai stuttered, snapping his head towards Soobin as they locked eyes.

Soobin widely blinked at him, taken aback by Huening Kai's sudden interest. "I..we had an argument and now we're not really talking."

Huening Kai's mouth formed an 'O' shape as he slowly looked away. "I thought everything was okay with you guys."

"I did too then I noticed I was constantly messing things up," Soobin quietly said, biting his lip.

Huening Kai quickly shook his head, disagreeing with Soobin. "I've been the one messing things up and I wish I could go back and change what happened."

Not knowing how to reply, they both stayed quiet. Drowning in the silence filling the small bedroom until Huening Kai spoke up.

"Maybe you should try talking to Yeonjun hyung. He really loves you."

Soobin thoughtfully stared at the younger, eyeing him strangely. It was strange how Huening Kai was encouraging him to fix things with Yeonjun considering the fact that he liked him as well. "But-"

"I know that you know that I have feelings for you and it's okay if you don't feel the same way," Huening Kai interrupted, a tiny timid smile gracing his lips. 

Soobin's cheeks bloomed red as he awkwardly averted his gaze, scratching the back of his neck. "Wh-what are you tal-talking about?"

Huening Kai let out a laugh whilst covering his mouth with his fist. "You're so adorable when you blush hyung."

Soobin's face dropped as the familiar words caused him to realize that he's been the biggest idiot ever. ". I have to go."

"Where are you going?" Huening Kai confusedly called out watching Soobin scramble to his feet and rush out of the bedroom.

Soobin ran into the living room and only saw Beomgyu and Taehyun present. They were both sitting on the couch, sharing a bowl of popcorn whilst immersed in a movie. He was definitely going to interrogate Beomgyu about it later.

"Where's Yeonjun hyung?" Soobin asked, seizing their attention.

Beomgyu and Taehyun rotated around in their seats to face a wide-eyed Soobin, their smiles dropping once noticing how serious Soobin looked.

"He went to the park with mana-"

Before Beomgyu could even finish his sentence, Soobin was already out of the door—determined to sort things out and fix things with Yeonjun. He knew that he had been such an oblivious and dumb jerk to the older but it wasn't too late to change.