Chapter Four

Cloaked Heart

As soon as they reached their favorite restaurant, everyone excitedly piled out of the car—one after another before Jaehyuk slid the car door shut.

"Finally. I can get some food into my system," Beomgyu said with contempt. Soobin silently agreed, he barely was able to his stomach his breakfast and mostly filled himself up with water or fruits.

Everyone patiently stood outside the restaurant waiting for their manager who was fumbling around in his pocket for his wallet and instantly cursed when it was nowhere to be seen. "You kids go in. I think I left my wallet in the car."

"I'm choosing the seats!" Huening Kai exclaimed, rushing into the half-empty restaurant. Other customers stared at the maknae, confused as to why he was running around. Luckily, no one recognized them which meant they didn't have to deal with ans coming up to them every second asking for a picture.

"Stop messing about," Yeonjun scolded, shaking his head as they followed Huening Kai to the far end where the big tables were.

"Me and Taehyun are sitting in the middle," Beomgyu declared, grabbing onto the older's arm and tugging him towards their designated seats which meant that Huening Kai had to sit on either end leaving Yeonjun and Soobin to sit together.

"Really? Are you that immature?" Soobin lowly grumbled, plopping onto his seat beside Yeonjun before rolling his eyes.

"Soobin," Yeonjun slowly said, staring at the younger. "I need to know what's going on with you. It doesn't make sense how you can suddenly stop talking to me for no reason at all."

Soobin bit back a laugh, throwing him an incredulous look. "For no reason? You really think I'm doing this for no reason?"

Yeonjun blinked at him, confused. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Finally, their manager came back—his wallet in hand as he sat down on their table.

"Did you guys order?" Jaehyuk asked, reading the menu.

Yeonjun turned back to Soobin, drowning out everyone else. "What did you mean-"

"It doesn't matter," Soobin cut him off, shaking his head before looking down at the menu. 

"It matters to me," Yeonjun insisted, yanking the menu out of Soobin's hand.

"Hyung!" Soobin groaned, annoyed at the way Yeonjun was acting. He could never leave things alone, even if you begged him. He was so persistent to know everything. Little did he know that knowing everything would hurt him.

"Soobin," Yeonjun warned, "tell me what you meant or else."

Soobin hesitantly stared at him, afraid to ask. "Or else what?"

"I'll never talk to you again," Yeonjun boldly said, his eyes never leaving Soobin's.

"You-you're not serious, right?" Soobin blinked at him, not believing the harsh words coming out of Yeonjun's mouth.

"You have two days to tell me why you've been acting like this or else we're done Soobin," Yeonjun said, before spanning his attention back to the others who were ordering.

Soobin didn't know how to feel about this. One part of him wanted him to just blurt out everything to the older but the other part wanted to hide everything away. He didn't things would turn out like this. All he wanted to do was make things better but instead all he did was make things five times worse. Everyone was annoyed with him and Yeonjun was angry at him. 

Nothing was going right but what did he expect?  

Still, he didn't think Yeonjun would threaten him like that.

Things were taking a turn for the worse.

 

The car ride back to the dorm was quiet—everyone focused on their own things. Beomgyu was listening to music with Taehyun, Huening Kai was playing a game on his phone, Yeonjun was on his phone watching a show on Netflix whilst Soobin was gazing out the window. His mind was in a daze, thinking back to his conversation with Yeonjun at the restaurant.

He hadn't realized that he was slowly drifting to sleep.

"Soobin, wake up. We're here," Beomgyu loudly said, gently shaking the older awake causing Soobin to jolt awake.

Looking around, he saw everyone had already gotten out the car. Sighing, he climbed out of the vehicle and followed after his other members. Beomgyu caught up with him, walking by his side. "What did you and Yeonjun talk about? It looked pretty heated."

"Beomgyu. Don't get involved," Soobin warned, as they entered the lift. It was only the two of them.

"Hyung, look. I'm on your side here. I care about you and I just want you to be happy. I know you really like Yeonjun no matter whatever you're trying to do. Just let me help you make things right," Beomgyu softly pleaded.

Soobin chewed on his bottom lip. Maybe he should just let Beomgyu help him instead of handling it by himself. "He gave me a deadline."

Beomgyu stared at him, waiting for him to continue. 

"He said that I had to tell him what was going on with me or he would never talk to me again."

Beomgyu was silent for a while, his brain processing Soobin's words. "Knowing Yeonjun hyung he'd definitely not talk to you for a while if you don't tell him."

"Gee thanks that helped," Soobin sarcastically said, rolling his eyes. 

"Okay okay! Look just tell him how you feel about him," Beomgyu suggested, "everything. No holding back."

Soobin whined, as they got off the lift. "It just feels wrong to tell him that. He probably thinks of me as a dongsaeng."

"You won't know if you try so just try. He'll understand. It's Yeonjun hyung remember," Beomgyu reassured, wrapping an arm around Soobin as they stepped into their dorm.

Soobin shut the door behind them. "I'll tell him tomorrow then."

Beomgyu stared at him with a look of relief. "Finally, we're getting somewhere. See you really did need my expertise advice."

Soobin side-eyed him. "Don't get ahead of yourself Beomgyu. We don't even know if he feels the same about me."

"Andddd...what if he does?" Beomgyu teased, smirking. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Soobin furrowed his eyebrows as he pulled a face of disgust.

"You and Yeonjun hyung are gonna be getting it on soon," Beomgyu winked.

"Okay. Ew gross. I'm going to bed," Soobin said, pretending to make vomitting noises as Beomgyu laughed watching the older enter their bedroom.