Chapter Five

Cloaked Heart

Today was the day that Soobin was going to tell Yeonjun how he felt about him and why he was acting weird towards him these past few days. Soobin knew that if this went wrong—he'd only have himself to blame for getting his hopes high. He didn't expect the older to like him back, he just wanted it to get it out in the open. He was sick and tired of hiding his feelings away. It was only making the situation worse. 

"Everyone's still asleep," Beomgyu whispered, closing their bedroom door before tiptoeing over to where Soobin was sitting on the couch.

"I can't believe I'm seriously doing this," Soobin whined, pulling a face.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes before flopping down next to Soobin. "You're being overdramatic, hyung."

Soobin slowly turned to stare at Beomgyu, his eyes wide. "What if things get awkward and then-"

Beomgyu grabbed onto his hand, causing the older to stop mid-sentence. "If things get awkward, then we'll find a way to fix it. It's better that he knows otherwise you're gonna keep hurting him with you being distant."

"I guess you're right," Soobin sighed. "Surprisingly."

Just as Beomgyu was about to shoot an insult at the older, they're interrupted by Yeonjun sleepily walking into the kitchen whilst rubbing his eyes.

"Why are you guys up?" Yeonjun groggily asked, grabbing a glass from the cupboard.

Soobin could feel his heart race and he didn't even know why. Goddamnit and these stupid feelings. They're were making him act like an idiot. "Uh..we were-"

"Binge eating!" Beomgyu cut in, saving Soobin.

Yeonjun eyed them strangely, his gaze flickering back and forth between Soobin and Beomgyu. "Binge eating? At 3am in the morning?"

"You know how it gets sometimes hyung," Soobin nervously chuckled, grimacing at the awkward tension.

"So where's the food?" Yeonjun questioned, narrowing his eyes at the suspicious pair.

Beomgyu and Soobin exchanged a look of panic at the sudden question. Yeah, they really didn't think this ahead when they snuck out of their rooms.

"We..ate..it...all?" Beomgyu hesitantly squeaked, his words sounding more like a question.

"Guys, I'm being serious. What's going on with all this secrecy?" Yeonjun groaned, annoyed at the way they were acting.

Soobin unsurely chewed on his bottom lip, not knowing whether to come out with the truth or stay quiet. 

Beomgyu noticed Soobin looking conflicted and jumped into to save him, again. "Soobin's dog died."

Soobin snapped his neck around to blink at Beomgyu with wide eyes. 

"What?" Soobin and Yeonjun simultaneously shouted.

Beomgyu threw Soobin a glare that screamed 'you idiot' before turning back to Yeonjun with a sad expression. "We only found out today that's we snuck out here to binge eat...at 3am in the..morning."

"Soobinie hyung," the auburn-haired boy (AN: idk what you call his hair colour LOL) wrapped an arm around a baffled Soobin, "is just having a hard time processing this."

" Soobin, you loved that dog," Yeonjun gasped in sympathy. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No."

"Yes."

Soobin narrowed his eyes at Beomgyu. 

"I tried to console him with food but I don't think that's enough. Hyung, maybe you should try cheering him up whilst I," Beomgyu yawned, standing up to stretch. "go back to have a peaceful sleep."

"Beomgyu don't," Soobin quietly hissed, pursing his lips. 

Beomgyu mischievously smiled at him before mouthing 'have fun.'

 

Yeonjun sighed, taking a seat next to a nervous Soobin. "Your dog didn't really die..did he?"

Soobin bit his lip. "No..but-"

"Soobin, I seriously don't understand you anymore. Whatever you're hiding just tell me it's not that big of a deal," Yeonjun said.

"Don't say that when you don't even know what it is hyung! I could have killed someone and it wouldn't be a big deal?" Soobin scoffed, raising an eyebrow at the older.

Yeonjun stared at him with a terrified expression. "You..didn't..though, right?"

"Of course not!" Soobin laughed, shaking his head. 

Yeonjun let out a sigh of relief before shrugging. "Then it can't be as bad as that. So tell me Soobin. Whatever it is."

Soobin deeply inhaled, preparing himself for the worst to come. "Okay um.."

"I like you hyung. Not like as in friends but like as in...more. That's why I've been acting weird and distant towards you because somehow in my brain I thought that it would make it go away. The way I felt about you."

Yeonjun was quiet as he examined Soobin, unsure of what to say. 

Soobin let out a cry as he leaned back into the couch whilst covering his face with his hands in sheer embarrassment. "I knew this was going to happen. Just kill me now."

"Soobin," Yeonjun softly called, pulling the younger's hands away from his face. "I like you too. Not like as in friends but like as in...more."

"Hyung don't joke around!" Soobin pouted.

"I'm not! I have feelings for you as well," Yeonjun said, grinning.

Soobin sat up and gave him a serious look. "Then show me."

Yeonjun didn't hesitate as he leaned to place a gentle kiss on Soobin's plush lips causing the younger to let out a muffled sound of surprise.

Pulling away, Yeonjun gazed into Soobin's dark brown eyes. "That serious enough for you?"

"Y-yeah," Soobin slowly nodded, stuck in a trance as he reached up to touch his lips.

Yeonjun had kissed him. Kissed himKISSED. That's more than he expected. Way more. He suddenly felt guilty for the way he treated the older.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted towards you. I must have hurt your feelings," Soobin sheepishly apologized, averting Yeonjun's gaze.

"Eh, it's all good. I figured you would tell me in your own time," Yeonjun shrugged, smiling.

Soobin bit back a grin. "I don't deserve you."

"But you do," Yeonjun said before leaning in to kiss the younger again.