Lipstick

HERSHE
It was another busy day in the office. Seulgi is standing beside Irene's table, looking frustrated.
 
"Oh c'mon, do you still have any other ideas?"
 
"I told you, it's the only one I could think of," said Irene, pretending to be busy working on her computer.
 
It's the time of the month when she and Seulgi got to work together for a client again. Irene was tasked to come up with an article while Seulgi's working on the banners and covers.
 
However, Seulgi seemed not satisfied with the tagline Irene has created. And the latter is pissed about it.
 
Krystal pulled her chair closer to them. "Hey, hey, why are you two fighting again?"
 
Seulgi waved the papers in her hands. "Well, Ms. Bae here says that the tagline she'd given for the lipstick product is fine. I think it's too lousy. I need another tagline now because I'll be submitting this to the client later."
 
"Why do we need to submit two samples if that one is okay?" asked Irene.
 
"That's the thing, Bae, it's not okay. I can't submit this kind of result to the client."
 
"If you don't like the one I made then go create a tagline yourself."
 
Getting frustrated, Seulgi walked over in front of the terminal to get a better view of Irene's face.
 
"We. Need. To. Talk," she said pointing a finger back and forth them.
 
For some reason, Irene suddenly felt exposed. She slightly covered her face with a hand. "I told you, I ran out of ideas."
 
Krystal finally stood up. "Okay, maybe I can help. What's the product all about again?"
 
Seulgi browsed the papers she's holding. "Well..."
 
Irene took this chance to look at Seulgi who, well, looked like a cute bear.
 
Although she hasn't fully accepted it to herself yet, Irene agrees Seulgi has this charisma that somehow affects her.
 
Seulgi glanced up at Irene in between scanning papers. Irene withdrew her eyes immediately, feeling conscious.
 
Seulgi pulled out a sheet of paper and showed it to Krystal. "Here. The product is a cherry-flavored edible lipstick. Irene's article talks about the benefits it can give to women, which I think is already obvious. The tagline she used is--"
 
"Look and taste beautiful," said Irene.
 
"See?" Seulgi shook her head. "Who do you think will buy that tagline?"
 
Krystal laughed for a moment and stopped when Irene glared at her. "Oops! Sorry."
 
"There has to be something better than this." Seulgi flicked her fingers against the paper. "This is not my field. You should be the one doing this."
 
"Seriously, girl, do you have a problem?" Krystal carefully touched Irene's forehead. "Are you feeling okay? It seems not like you producing something like that."
 
"I know. Sorry. Maybe it's just mood swings." Irene sighed.
 
Truth is, she knew the real reason. It was hard for her to focus while writing that article because curious Seulgi was watching her how to do it.
 
"It's okay. At least Seulgi noticed the mistake before we submit it to the client," said Krystal, lightening up the mood. "I can provide my input too."
 
"I have an idea to help you, ladies." Seulgi raises a hand. "Let's conceptualize something that benefits not only women but also their lovers."
 
"That's interesting. But how? Men don't usually wear lipstick," said Irene.
 
"Yeah, probably they don't directly, but sometimes they do indirectly," Seulgi smirked. "And come on, we're in the twenty-first century. Females aren't only dating males these days."
 
Irene rolled her eyes.
 
"But how is the lipstick benefiting their lovers?" asked Krystal.
 
"C'mon, could you be more creative about it?" Seulgi chuckled. "Of course, it is done through a kiss!"
 
Krystal's mouth formed an o shape. "That's a good idea! I never thought of that."
 
"Cool, yeah?"
 
"I'm not sure if that's a good idea," Irene countered.
 
"And why is that, madame?" asked Seulgi, confused.
 
"Well..." Irene paused for a moment to search for words because Seulgi is looking at her again, "... women won't wear lipstick because they want someone to kiss them. The main reason is they want to feel beautiful."
 
"But it is cherry-flavored. Their lovers will love that sweet sensation while kissing," said Seulgi.
 
Irene didn't notice that she raised an eyebrow while looking at Seulgi. "So, are you implying that lipsticks taste good while kissing?"
 
"Uh. I didn't mean it that way."
 
"Then why are you blushing?"
 
"It's because you're looking at me like a jealous girlfriend."
 
"I am not."
 
"You are."
 
"Not."
 
"Are."
 
"Okay, fine. I'm sorry if I looked at you like a jealous girlfriend," said Irene plainly. "Poker face is my resting face. I hope you won't give it a different interpretation next time."
 
Seulgi just chuckled. "Anyway, going back, the implication I want to express is women with lipsticks are hot and more seductive for their lovers."
 
"You're so good, Seulgi! I love that idea!" Krystal exclaimed. "What do you think, Irene?"
 
"Yeah, but I still won't buy it. I won't wear lipstick because I just want to get kissed."
 
Seulgi leaned over to Irene, close enough until their faces are like five inches away. She gave Irene the same smile that everyone in their office loves.
 
"Huh, I bet Ms. Bae here doesn't have a boyfriend."
 
Irene was petrified for a second. She didn't notice that she held her breath after smelling Seulgi's magical mouthwash. She turned her head away from the sight after her face felt warm.
 
"I hate you. I hate you, Seulgi," muttered Irene, covering her face with her hands.
 
Seulgi pulled back. "Ooh, someone's blushing."
 
Krystal laughed. "It's because you caught her."
 
"Caught her?"
 
"How did you know that she doesn't have a boyfriend?"
 
"Because... she sounded bitter...?" Seulgi answered hesitantly. "For once, I thought Irene and Eric were dating."
 
Krystal walked closer, resting an elbow on Seulgi's shoulder. "Unfortunately, Mr. Eric has been friendzoned by Ms. Bae."
 
Seulgi smiled, thinking how poor Eric is. "Weren't there any other brave gentlemen here in the office who attempted to court our lady here?"
 
"I could name a few if you like. However, none of them were qualified. Sometimes I really wonder who could make Lady Irene say yes."
 
"Hmm... that makes the two of us..." Seulgi tapped her chin.
 
"Make him crave for more," Irene uttered out of nowhere.
 
Krystal and Seulgi looked at Irene, both speechless.
 
"That's the tagline I thought of: Make him crave for more," Irene reiterated. "I could use 'they' if you want to push your idea about some females dating another female. But I don't think it'll sound as catchy as 'make him crave for more'."
 
"Wow, that's good!" said Krystal. "Agreed!"
 
"That's understandable. I agree. Make him crave for more sounds better, Bae. I love it!" Seulgi jumped. She grabbed the big bunny stuffed toy and hugged it. "Finally, I can go home after finishing that."
 
"Hey, hey, hey!" Irene stood up. "Why are you hugging Mrs. Baechu?"
 
Seulgi stopped jumping. "Huh?"
 
"My bunny, give it back!"
 
"Oh, so her name is Mrs. Baechu?"
 
"Yes."
 
Seulgi looked at the stuffed toy and flipped it. "How did you know it's a female?"
 
"Are you dumb? She has eyelashes."
 
"Oh?" Seulgi looked at the face of the bunny and smiled. "Yeah, eyelashes."
 
"Give it back."
 
"Why did you name it Mrs. Baechu? Where is her husband?" Seulgi scanned the other stuffed toys on the table.
 
"I wasn't able to find a pair for it. It's always out of stock. I'm still looking for a male version but I can't find it anywhere."
 
"Ooh, poor Mrs. Baechu. She doesn't have a love life... like her owner..."
 
"What did you say!"
 
"Aaaahhh! Amazon attack!"
 
"You--Silly, Kang!"
 
Seulgi ran away with Mrs. Baechu. Irene chased her. It's almost six in the evening and they were the only ones left in the office. They have the entire floor as their track.
 
After a few rounds of running around, they stopped.
 
"Bae, I'm tired..." Seulgi was gasping for air. "I didn't know you were a fast runner..."
 
"Just give me back my bunny... now..." commanded Irene, exhausted.
 
"Okay." Seulgi raised the plush toy. "Hey, I'm giving you back to your owner. You're so cute and fluffy..." She glared at Irene. "Unlike her..."
 
Irene rolled her eyes. She saw Seulgi kissed the nose of Mrs. Baechu. "Hey! Why did you kiss it?"
 
"It's so cute, and it smells good!" Seulgi handed back the bunny. "Bye, Irene. Bye, Mrs. Baechu. I'll see you both tomorrow." She ran back to her department.
 
Irene walked back to her terminal, still hugging the stuffed-toy. She sat down and stared blankly at her computer monitor.
 
Krystal stood up to go to the restroom. When Irene was sure she was alone, she looked at Mrs. Baechu, holding it like was petting a dog.
 
She stared at it again for a moment, kissed it, and smiled as she hugs it.
 
She's starting to hate Seulgi now for making her act like that.