Stroll

HERSHE
Irene slowly opened her eyes and had a glimpse of the sun peeking through the window.
 
When she moved her hand to for a pillow, she was surprised to feel skin instead of fabric. She opened her eyes fully and found out it was Seulgi she was hugging all along, her hand on the latter's exposed abdomen as her shirt's riled up a bit.
 
Irene parted herself immediately. Seulgi is still sleeping in a starfish position, mouth slightly opened. Irene found the middle pillow kicked out of the bed.
 
She brought a hand to her lips, wondering how they end up in that position, and if she was hugging Seulgi like that all night. She knew it was her who slept later because she was already hearing tiny snores from Seulgi before everything went black for her.
 
Irene scratched her head as she gets off the bed.
 
It's time to get ready for the day.
 
---
 
Irene went out of the bathroom and found Seulgi, who was just awakened from her deep sleep, sitting cross-legged on the bed; her hair is still messy and her eyes half-opened.
 
"Good morning," said Seulgi smiling like a kid.
 
"Morning." Irene faked a smile, turning to the mirror as she dries her hair.
 
"Did you sleep well?"
 
Irene was looking at Seulgi's reflection in the mirror. "Yeah. How about you?"
 
Seulgi stretches her arm out. "It was fine." She scratched her rib while looking for something on the bed. "Where's the middle pillow I put here?"
 
"I found it on the floor when I woke up."
 
"Oh really? I remember I hugged it last night. I guess I might have kicked it out. What time is it now?"
 
"It's 9:37."
 
"What! It's already nine-thirty?" Seulgi panicked. "What time did you get up?"
 
"About an hour ago."
 
"! I overslept! Are you hungry now?"
 
Irene smiled. "A bit."
 
"Okay. Give me fifteen minutes. I'll just have a quick shower."
 
"Okay."
 
---
 
Irene is sitting on the bed while watching some cartoons when Seulgi passed by in front of the TV. Seulgi's wearing a white v-neck shirt and black shorts, making her look simpler but as charming as always.
 
Irene suddenly wondered how many girls in the office would kill each other to be in her shoes right now. If any of the fangirls in the office would find out what they are doing, Irene knew that they'd surely envy her, and some will even kill her.
 
"Something on my face?" asked Seulgi.
 
"Huh? I'm watching cartoons. Duh."
 
"Watching cartoons while looking at me?"
 
"Excuse me." Irene rolled her eyes. "I didn't know I was staring at you. I am lost in deep thoughts."
 
"If you say so."
 
---
 
They went out for their late breakfast and walked around the resort after.
 
Seulgi brought her camera and took some pictures of them and the place. Although Joy isn't there and pretending is something they need not do, Irene found herself developing a habit of clinging to Seulgi whenever they walk.
 
"Hey, kid. Want to buy this for your lovely girlfriend?" A vendor approached them while they were walking along the beach.
 
Seulgi wasn't sure if the woman was talking to her. She pointed at herself. "Me?"
 
"Yeah, who else has a lovely girlfriend here?" The woman man eyed Irene. "Or are you just friends?"
 
"Uh..."
 
Irene squeezed Seulgi's arm and smiled at the woman. "Yes. We're together."
 
"Just as I thought." The woman felt relieved. "Anyway. I have a lovely couple necklace here for a lovely couple like you." She pulled out two necklaces.
 
"Wow." Irene covered in amazement. It's an interlocking butterfly heart pendant necklace.
 
"What do you think, kid?" The woman raised the necklaces in Seulgi's face. "Buy something memorable for her."
 
"Um--"
 
"How much is this?" Irene reached for the item.
 
"I'll give great discounts for a lovely couple."
 
Irene turned her head to Seulgi, plastering a could-you-buy-this-for-me smile.
 
"Y-you want that?" asked Seulgi.
 
"Yes." Irene's eyes were shining. "They're lovely."
 
"Are you sure you want that or are you just going to use it for Joy?"
 
"Come on, kid. Your girl wants it. No need to ask questions," the vendor said, obviously trying to make out a sale.
 
"Please?" Irene batted her eyelashes.
 
Seulgi let out a deep exhale and smiled.
 
After the vendor walked away from them, the two were left staring at the necklaces they just bought.
 
"Isn't it cute?" Irene has been locking the pendants together and detaching them repeatedly. "See? They match."
 
"Yeah."
 
"Now I want you to wear this one and I'll wear this one." Irene handed Seulgi the necklace with the butterfly pendant and kept the one with the heart pendant for herself.
 
Seulgi stared at the pendant. "For the party later?"
 
"Not only for the party. Wear it for the entire trip."
 
"You sure?"
 
Irene nodded. "Yeah. This will be our souvenir for this trip. Let's just make the most of it while it lasts."
 
---
 
The couple went to walk further on the beach to enjoy the scenery. Not too long they saw a small tattoo shop.
 
Irene grabbed Seulgi's arm. "Hey. Let's get in there!"
 
"You want a tattoo?"
 
"Let's just get a henna tattoo. I've been always wondering how it feels to have a real one but my mom will surely be mad at me. At least henna would do."
 
"Sure. You go in now. I'll take some shots here first."
 
Irene went in alone and was lucky there are no other customers inside. She noticed the pictures hanged on the wall. Most of them were previous customers who were taken pictures while getting inked.
 
"Want a tattoo, miss?"
 
Irene jumped when she heard a woman's voice from behind. She turned around and saw a tattooed woman standing.
 
"Umm. I want to have henna."
 
The woman grabbed something from the table and gave Irene photo albums. "Let me know which design you like and where you wanna put it."
 
Irene was disappointed in how uninterested the woman is in servicing her. "Okay."
 
Right on time, Seulgi just went in while reviewing the pictures in her DSLR. "Have you decided on a design yet?"
 
"Hmmm... I'm still thinking about what's best for us..." said Irene, flipping the pages.
 
"Hey there, cutie. Want to get inked?" the tattooed woman asked Seulgi. Her voice went from low earlier to high pitched now.
 
Seulgi, who is popular for being nice, automatically smiled back at the girl. "Hi, there!"
 
Irene raised an eyebrow. The girl is showing a different attitude now compared to how she was treated earlier.
 
"We're planning to have henna." Seulgi gestured at Irene.
 
The woman popped her gum. "Your girlfriend?"
 
Irene raised an eyebrow. She went back to the photo albums, picked a picture, and dropped it in front of the girl. "Yes, I am her girlfriend, and we'd like to have this couple's henna tattoo on our hands."
 
The woman popped a gum again as she stared at the picture. It was a picture of two hands holding each other with the butterfly tattooed on them just below their thumbs. Half of the butterfly was both drawn on each hand.
 
"Should cutie here go first?" asked the woman.
 
Irene is getting annoyed at the woman's boldness. "Yeah."
 
"Okay." The girl grabbed Seulgi's hand to pull her inside. "Come here, cutie."
 
Irene watched them as the tattooed instructed Seulgi to sit down. The woman held both Seulgi's hands. "Oh. Your hands are soft. Which one should I put the henna on?"
 
Seulgi looked shy and is scratching her head. She looked at Irene, asking for help.
 
Irene flexed her jaw. She walked in to sit near them. "Please put it on her left hand. Put the other half on my right hand."
 
The girl popped her gum again. "With pleasure." She turned to Seulgi. "Is this your first time here?"
 
"Nope," said Seulgi, watching the woman do on her hand. "I've been here several times now, but this is the first time I'd get henna."
 
"How long are you gonna stay here?"
 
"Until tomorrow noon."
 
Irene folded her arms on her chest as she listens.
 
The woman stopped for a second to look at Seulgi. "That's too bad. You should have visited me yesterday. I could give this to you for free if you went here alone."
 
"Ehrm... erhm..." Irene cleared . She can't understand how this woman has still the guts to flirt knowing that Seulgi's girlfriend--which is her--is just standing there.
 
Seulgi scratched her head again. "I really don't have plans of getting henna. But my baby here wants one so I'll get one."
 
The woman didn't seem to mind what Seulgi said. She stood up and dragged her chair closer to Seulgi. The latter tried to move her body away, but the woman leaned even closer.
 
"Stay still, cutie. It's easier for me if we do it this way." The woman looped her arm through Seulgi's and held the latter's hand to continue the drawing.
 
Aside from the obvious fact that the tattooed artist is irritating, Irene was also feeling annoyed at Seulgi who seems to enjoy whatever the girl is doing.
 
"Wait, lemme get something." The woman stood up and leaned over to reach something from the drawer behind Seulgi. This move gave the woman a chance to be close to Seulgi like they were hugging each other.
 
Seulgi moved her head aside to somehow give way to the woman. She then accidentally glimpsed the woman's black lacy bra, with her bursting from the sides and front of the bra. Seulgi tried to move her eyes away but those bumpers are literally right in front of her face.
 
"Seulgi-yah!" Irene called.
 
Seulgi shook her head, telepathically tell Irene that she didn't mean to look at those.
 
Irene continued giving Seulgi a you'll-be-dead-later-if-you-won't-behave look.
 
"Okay. I got it." The woman moved back and sat beside Seulgi.
 
Seulgi glanced at Irene again, plastering an I'm-innocent-grin.
 
This time, the tattooed woman reached for Seulgi's hand again and placed it on her lap, making Seulgi's arm touch her bumpers.
 
"Uhh... miss--" started Seulgi, until she got interrupted.
 
"Excuse me, miss," called Irene. "My honey seems to be uncomfortable with your position. Could you just go back to sitting in front of her?"
 
The woman is obviously not interested in whatever Irene has to say. She popped her gum but eventually gave in.
 
"Fine."
 
It didn't take long to finish the drawing on Seulgi's hand. Irene swapped immediately and got hers done twice faster. Irene paid for the bill this time. They went out of that place and went back to their room to prepare for the event later.
 
---
 
"I have to admit, it looks cute." Seulgi was staring at her left hand observing the half butterfly design. They were already in the hotel hallway, walking back to their room.
 
"It'll look even better if we do it this way." Irene reached for Seulgi's hand to complete the butterfly drawing. "See?"
 
Seulgi smiled.
 
"What are you smiling at?" asked Irene.
 
"Nothing."
 
"Nothing? I bet you're just thinking about that tattooed woman, huh?"
 
"I'm not."
 
"Well, weren't you just staring at her bumpers earlier?"
 
"Those things are literally in front of my eyes. What should I do?"
 
"I don't know, but I am sure I caught you looking at 'em." Irene continued walking ahead, both hands on her back. "You know what, I really think your future girlfriend will have issues with you being nice to people, especially to those who are obviously interested in you."
 
"How can you say so?"
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Why don't tell me you're jealous?" said Seulgi, stopping at her tracks.
 
Irene rolled her eyes. "Excuse me, I'm not."
 
"Really?"
 
"Unfortunately, you forgot that I asked you to be faithful to me," said Irene, stopping at her tracks too to face Seulgi.
 
"I know. But you said I should be faithful in front of Joy, and Joy wasn't with us."
 
"I was just playing my character because I'm afraid that she might still find it out."
 
Seulgi smirked, humming. "So, you're not jealous? Not at all?"
 
"I'm not, Seulgi. I'm not." Irene continued walking ahead.
 
"Where are you going then?" asked Seulgi, not moving from her spot.
 
"I'm going back to our room."
 
"Going back to our room? Honey, our room is right here." Seulgi pointed at the door to her side.
 
Irene stopped walking upon realizing that Seulgi was right. She turned around with a sulky face, glaring at the grinning Seulgi.
 
"What?" Irene asked as if threatening.
 
"Nothing." Seulgi can't control her laughter. She opened the door. "Just get in now, your highness."
 
Irene said nothing and walked back to enter the room first.
 
Seulgi shook her head, still can't get the smile off her face.